I'm hoping for glamour and orchestrion rolls. FFXV had a pretty sweet soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Sucks, I remember when I wasn't playing wow blizz would email me a week trial like every 2 months until I finally bit the bullet then got back into it. Wish they did the same for this.
    They do usually have one a little bit into each major patch release.

They'll probably (almost definitely) have one in december, at worst january.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Went to the store to double check my my EE volume 2 comes out (2 weeks!) and i am still surprised its not 'out of stock' yet.

and the bikes nice but man i wish not everything had to fly.
    I’ve no issue with it flying provided it actually had some sort of flight mode where the wheels retract a la the Falcon mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm maybe our chars can cruise around in some funky car.
    It also better do the whole flying transformation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sucks, I remember when I wasn't playing wow blizz would email me a week trial like every 2 months until I finally bit the bullet then got back into it. Wish they did the same for this.
    Looks like its your lucky week. They just announced a free login campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Looks like its your lucky week. They just announced a free login campaign
    Nice.

Ty for the heads up!
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    was just about to link that also lol, but yeah speak of the devil

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I’ve no issue with it flying provided it actually had some sort of flight mode where the wheels retract a la the Falcon mount.
    nope just moves straight up as awkwardly as the elephant or fire lizard does. With no flying in all the ARR areas and two mount roullette buttons for flying and none flying i'm cool with some just being ground only mounts. Especially when flying is starting to go full WoW where the initial release lead to lots of new areas to access but i can't think of many places beyond time limited mining nodes in SB where i needed to fly.

- - - Updated - - -

So are they not doing a virtual ticket anymore for fanfest? Looking at the site it says 'will all be streamed free' and 'the mount and minion will be available on the mogstation'. I wonder if it was such a nightmare the last two times they gave up? I remember buying the one for either HW or SB and the stream straight up didnt work and the 3rd party company refused refunds so i basically got a very expensive wind up lulu minion and nothing else. Hopefully this way everyone who wants it gets the items AND it doesnt fuck over streamwise and leave a bunch of us waiting for fan site write ups later.

- - - Updated - - -

https://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot....edictions.html

Fan fest prediction tribe, i got my word vomit all written up, what are you expecting/hoping for?

Yo

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...c477a6534abab3

Posted today. Free login campaign. There you go.

Edit: I should have read a post up I'm retarded.

I can't believe its been half a decade since this became the mmo that usurped WoW as my go to. Christ time flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Yo

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...c477a6534abab3

Posted today. Free login campaign. There you go.

Edit: I should have read a post up I'm retarded.
    Hey you were just tryna look out I appreciate it <3
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ time flies.
    Tell me about it.
    Whenever I think about the fact that I played WoW for over a decade, I get somewhat perplexed.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Tell me about it.
    Whenever I think about the fact that I played WoW for over a decade, I get somewhat perplexed.
    At least it was a trade up in terms of soundtracks

- - - Updated - - -

https://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot....edictions.html

Fan fest prediction tribe, i got my word vomit all written up, what are you expecting/hoping for?
    For my prediction I'm hanging pretty close to the BlueFever leaks since he had been right 3/3 times so far when he's predicted something, Blue Mage, Soldier, and Dancer as the jobs, Viera as the race, and the content involves beginning to raid Garlemald via either Dalmasca or Thavnair.

I would like, but am expecting it's wrong, that he implied we'd be getting a second new race in Ronso. I couldn't see two races in one expansion unless they figured out a way to easily make models player-ready and think they'd be a beast tribe if they do show up, and Viera is the more likely of the two.

I couldn't see us fumbling around in the non-Isembard imperial territories for the entire expansion though, they're setting us up so heavily to take the fight to the Empire, an expansion that would involve more wars of liberation or subterfuge without ever touching on the Capital would start to feel like they're stalling out ending the lasting threat of the Garleans, and filler expansions are never healthy for a game *coughWoWcough*.

If I wanted an unlikely long-shot race though? Give us a full anthro-animal race in either the Burmecians, or re-use the original, near-completely-Draconic beta designs for the Au Ra as their own race. For Jobs? I'm not sure, Blue Mage is my last personally huge want, and Soldier is the job I didn't know I wanted until I got it. Maybe beastmaster? Necromancer? Some form of pet class that isn't summoner, since Summoner has turned into more of a "Lots of nuke damage, and also pets on the side" job.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2018-11-13 at 10:58 PM.

burmecians would be a good fit for the deserty/tropical areas of Thavnair if you think about the ones that lived in a tree. The city ones, being dragoons and all, would have been a great fit for Ishgard but i guess Au Ra fit with the dragon connection.

- - - Updated - - -

Finished the Summoner Stormblood questline. Interesting stuff and not bad overall. Like most SB jobs so far it feels very much like 2 real story missions and the rest are filler but the story here sets up some interesting ideas for the future like AST's did but in a different way. Running out of jobs to get 60-70 now with all the crafters done and like 4 or 5 left on the combat side. Might try WHM next and i hope the story is better than the burning trashfire that was the 50-60 story in Heavensward which i think is universally considered the worst job story in the entire game.

whats the fast way to get wolf marks now? i want the new hair but the frontline queue takes forever

10+ Year Old Account
    At least it was a trade up in terms of soundtracks
    I never could warm up to XIVs soundtrack, despite liking a lot of Nobuos older works.

Leveling a Summoner now, is there a way to make DoT and pet damage numbers stand out a bit more? As a class that has a large part of the damage based on dots and pets, I find it silly that I can barely tell what damage they are doing.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Welp Fanfest in 2 days.

Will admit I'm hyped for obvious expansion info but a bit disappointed that since the stream is free this year they won't be showing The Primals concert.

They haven't really given any reason to why either. Just that the stream is free and concerts won't be shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Welp Fanfest in 2 days.

Will admit I'm hyped for obvious expansion info but a bit disappointed that since the stream is free this year they won't be showing The Primals concert.

They haven't really given any reason to why either. Just that the stream is free and concerts won't be shown.
    Probably because it was an unmitigated shitshow last year. I was one of apparent hundreds if not a thousand or two people that literally had a buffering symbol the whole time. Some people said it was overload, others said braodcasting to so many EU regions was causing some 'not available in your region horseshit' but it was paying a price of a retail game for a single minion and a yuna cosplay i never used. It wasn't Squares fault but the 3rd party service they used which is infamous for its bad quality and CS that basically said 'lol wrekt' when people asked for refunds.

Shame about the primals though, not like i wont buy the album versions. That Heavensward one was great.