15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Sure, but the concept of the game is to fight wild pokemon. Not necessarily grind, but in filling your pokedex and/or searching for new pokemon in fresh routes you will level up.

I get that there are people who spam repels and only fight trainers but that's not the way the game is intended to be played. You're literally supposed to grind levels out, that's the intended gameplay. The whole system is built around it.
    Youre gonna have to source me on their intent because if it was they wouldnt have put in the run option or repels in the first place. Also there isnt the same level gap for red/blue
    Last edited by Video Games; 2018-11-15 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it though? The entire concept of the game is that you traditional over-level the Gyms by the time you reach them. Unless you're deliberately playing with poor type-counters the games have never been hard for casual play.
    I mean if you didn't do a bunch of grinding, you could definitely find yourself underleveled in R/B/Y or G/S/C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I mean if you didn't do a bunch of grinding, you could definitely find yourself underleveled in R/B/Y or G/S/C.
    Sure, but the leveling grind is inherent to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Youre gonna have to source me on their intent because if it was they wouldnt have put in the run option or repels in the first place. Also there isnt the same level gap for red/blue
    Are you seriously trying to argue that Pokemon is intended to be run by spamming Repels so that you have no random encounters, and your logic is that's just because the items exist?

By your logic that would be a total paradox, since the games also include the very same wild pokemon encounters that are avoided by using repels. I would also point out that repels have a max level of effectiveness, which implies that the game doesn't want you to be able to spam them indefinitely to ignore wild encounters.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but the leveling grind is inherent to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you seriously trying to argue that Pokemon is intended to be run by spamming Repels so that you have no random encounters, and your logic is that's just because the items exist?

By your logic that would be a total paradox, since the games also include the very same wild pokemon encounters that are avoided by using repels. I would also point out that repels have a max level of effectiveness, which implies that the game doesn't want you to be able to spam them indefinitely to ignore wild encounters.
    Im arguing their intent was to let players play how they want to since there are many options and it's supposed to be "your" journey. So you can't exactly say you're SUPPOSED to grind and be overleveled.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2018-11-15 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im arguing their intent was to let players play how they want to since there are many options and it's supposed to be "your" journey.
    And I'm arguing that under-leveling yourself by intentionally ignoring a large component of the game is artifical challenge - it doesn't mean the game is actually challenging. JRPG-style games, Pokemon included, have bosses that are intended to be fought at certain levels. Fighting them at unintended levels is challenging, sure, but it's not the intended way to fight them. It's artificial challenge, just like doing a Nuzlocke run.

15+ Year Old Account
    And I'm arguing that under-leveling yourself by intentionally ignoring a large component of the game is artifical challenge - it doesn't mean the game is actually challenging. JRPG-style games, Pokemon included, have bosses that are intended to be fought at certain levels. Fighting them at unintended levels is challenging, sure, but it's not the intended way to fight them. It's artificial challenge, just like doing a Nuzlocke run.
    But where have they said their intent is for you to be overleveled? Just as well, their intent could have been for you to be underleved since they increased them in yellow.

10+ Year Old Account
    But where have they said their intent is for you to be overleveled? Just as well, their intent could have been for you to be underleved since they increased them in yellow.
    I think it's safe to assume that they expect you to be at the same level as the Gym Trainer you're fighting. Anything within a couple levels of that doesn't make much difference anyways. I don't think I said they intend you to be explicitly over-leveled, just that they clearly give Gym Trainers specific levels for a reason, and they don't intend you to be under-leveled going into those fights.

I mean that's why we call it under-leveled, not appropriately-leveled.

So whats the deal with some sites talking about a direct and "bravely crystal collection" and "animal crossing sweet city"?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So whats the deal with some sites talking about a direct and "bravely crystal collection" and "animal crossing sweet city"?
    Can you point me in the right Direction (heh)? I can't seem to find anything based on a quick search.

That being said, there were rumors from Gaming Intel where there would be two Directs this month. If we do get one, we likely won't get a Direct until the week after next due to US Thanksgiving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eevee time!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Can you point me in the right Direction (heh)? I can't seem to find anything based on a quick search.

That being said, there were rumors from Gaming Intel where there would be two Directs this month. If we do get one, we likely won't get a Direct until the week after next due to US Thanksgiving.
    It was on a couple of german sites that got taken down but someone translated it beforehand as a mini direct but the more i look the more i think its bullshit. Saying 'activision blizzard is bringing candy crush to the switch' seems sketch.

But mewwww
    I caved.

Ordered the Pokeball Plus version of Eevee. Will be here Monday.

I could have had the game TODAY as a local game store was selling physical copies early, but I wanted the Pokeball in the end XD
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is arguing about difficulty and the game being aimed at kids. That's not the case at all. This game is aimed at newcomers to the series or older players who never stuck around. This is a taster session. The goal then is to have these players buy the traditional game that is coming out in 2019.

Somebody who has never played Pokemon before isn't going to play this game and then decide "this is too easy, this sucks". They are going to be introduced to a world full of exploration, progression and fantasy. Remember that you have to own a switch to play this, and the next Pokemon game is also on the switch. The handheld only market is no longer a factor, so this is how Nintendo gets console players into the Pokemon game franchise.

This game isn't for the people who have played the prior entries. The 2019 game is aimed at them. And it will also be aimed at the new players who Let's Go Pokemon will have introduced to the franchise.

Figure I'll get LG:E sometime in January. Also Doomslayer pls Sakurai
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2018-11-16 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Too damn big

doom is probably one of the most influential games of all time and bethesda has had a healthy relationship with nintendo this gen. i could see it happening the only thing that might hold it back is dooms rating but you know... bayonetta so who knows
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Doomguy would be neat, but I have been backing Duke Nukem for a while now. Maybe not so relevant as Doom now a days, but in the late 90s, at least in the states, Duke was considered a bit of a Nintendo hero along side other characters of the time like Goemon, Conker and Banjo. I also would love Marina from Mischief Makers, which may very well be a Nintendo IP that Treasure just developed, in the same way Sin & Punishment is. I wouldn't even be opposed to Sub-Zero or Scorpion as a nice throw back to another 90s popular Nintendo 3rd party franchise.

Its really a bummer they didn't announce a 2nd 3rd party character for the normal release of the game like they did the last two games. (I wouldn't say Richter counts)
    Earthworm Jim, Adol from Ys, Dirk the Daring, Crono, Kunio, Rayman, Bub & Bob, Ryu Hayabusa, Peter Pepper or Karnov, Billy & Jimmy Lee, Bill Rizer & Lance Bean, Bomberman, Master Higgins, Crash, Spyro, Arthur & Firebrand from Ghosts N Goblins, Jill Valentine, Mike Haggar, Phoenix Wright, Prof. Layton, Jibanyan from Yokai Watch, Twinbee, Frogger, Billy Hatcher, Lloyd Irving, Mappy, Valkyrie, Neku from the World Ends With You, Marco from Metal Slug, the Rabbids, Cecil & Terra and maybe even Kefka as another Final Fantasy rep, Farmer from Harvest Moon, the heroes from Wild Guns, Jason and SOPHIA from Blaster Master, Gex, Shantae, Cooking Mama, Shovel Knight.

All guest characters I would take if we cant get the bear & bird, all characters important and popular at different points in Nintendo's history, and all a hell a lot more deserving to be in then Cloud.(at least until the Switch version of FF7 comes out)
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2018-11-16 at 04:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Help, 30 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

9 minutes help

- - - Updated - - -

Its not workingggggg TTTTT_____TTTTT

- - - Updated - - -

Itttt woooooork

- - - Updated - - -

Pikaaaaachuuuuu

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So your argument is that before you were able to play like a moron. Brilliant.
    Ill make sure to let the nuzlocke community you called them all morons.

you guys think its still worth it to buy the switch?

I dont wanna go out and buy it only to find out the "Switch Pro" is coming out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chat View Post
    you guys think its still worth it to buy the switch?

I dont wanna go out and buy it only to find out the "Switch Pro" is coming out.
    some rumors about some better version comming out next year or end of it, but just rumors, it probably won't be such a upgrade it can suddenly do 4k games or something though so I wouldn't worry.