Poll: Should the players be "punished" for killing low level characters in the warmode?

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Then all they need to do in order to satisfy "Being there for the exact same reasons as they were" is to design it so that war mode promotes more reasonably even fights. Yes, players who take the risk of PVP in the open world should get better rewards. But the risk should be a reasonable one, not a "You can't fight at all because levels".
    But they solved the balanced PvP thing a decade ago. It is why instanced PvP was created. wPvP, besides having PvP in the name, has nothing to do with that. It's like comparing an Olympic wrestling match to a street gang jumping a passerby and calling both 'fights'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The massive problem with Warmode is the sense of entitlement by people who want reward with no risk. The game has literally had this same thing for multiple xpacs. It’s an issue now because people who never once cared about PvP or ganking suddenly want to play in a PvP setting due to extra rewards. When they get hit by someone who also utilities the system how it was designed they suddenly cry foul and want the system changed.
    Guess what, if you don’t want the risk, then do without the reward.
    To the people who say they want a fair fight, then turn on WM when you hit max level; or better yet, simply level thru BGs. Maybe go find a different game as well as there is no such thing as a fair fight in WoW. WoW has never had balanced PvP and never will. To say you want a fair fight with WM is just asinine and pointless.
    The massive problem with Warmode is the sense of entitlement by people playing on PvP servers who want an exclusive and substantial bonus. The game never before had this. It’s an issue now because people who always wPvP'ed or ganked suddenly want extra rewards. When they feared their victims would have a simple way out, suddenly they cried foul and wanted the system changed.
    Guess what, you realy want to wPvP with wPvP'ers, then do without the reward.

Hey life is not fair, get over it and turn your wm off if you want all the cake and not working for it and stop being a little bitch
    we dont care if you got raped by a 120.

If it can please all the snowflakes, there's an incoming nerf for leveling so stop bitching

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie View Post
    Of course it is. It's a Player Versus another Player.

Is it fair? No. But it's PvP. Just because you dislike the terms of engagement, that it might offend some sense of 'honour' or 'justice' you have doesn't mean it's not PvP.

If you sign up for war, you get war. Not everybody who dies in a war is a willing combatant fighting on equal terms. If you're a low level getting ganked by a higher level get some friends/guildies to gank the offender, get yourself to a different zone or get used to it. Or turn WM off, because maybe open-world PvP just ain't for you. If you want 'fair' there's arenas and battlegrounds to play fair wargames.
    that's why I never use warmode. and before adding it to game, never attacked lowbies as max level. that's my choice.
    i don't like Ganking

and yes, you are right, Ganking is still PVP

How is that even remotely thrilling? See a 120 coming at you while leveling. "well...guess it's time to go make a sandwich." Because you're not going to be able to do anything in the game. Might as well take a break.

You know what WOULD be thrilling? Coming across a player approximately your same level and having a real fight.
    I guess "thrill" means a different to each player, as "warmode is an optional feature" is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Yeah, even if you have Warmode toggled "on" it should be toggled "off" to any character 10 levels above yours...

Ganking is not PvP.
    Were you one of those that felt "forced" into picking a server type you didn't actually like and moved to neuter it for those who knew what they were getting into?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    No, Blizz needs to configure server shards to optimize the situation. Level 120 chars shouldn't be coming into contact with people leveling. Either that, give everyone leveling 0-110 level 110 stats. I think if the game design were correct in the first place there's honestly no need to punish shitty behavior.
    Leave pvp alone! If you don't like it, turn it off (or, as we'd say in the past, play on a PvE server!). For fuck's sake...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's amazing how in every thread discussing issues with war mode, there are people who completely disregard them and just say "git gud". How exactly does a level 20 git gud against a 120?

War mode is not fine, there's a reason Blizzard needs to add a buff just to get people to enter it, and now the populations are so skewed theres barely any actual pvp happening in the PVP mode.

If a high level tries to kill you more than once or twice, they should be punished. It's a pvp server, it happens every now and then when high levels are passing by, but being on a pvp server isn't an excuse for griefing and specifically hunting people who have absolutely no chance of fighting back.
    Exactly how did low levels survive and progress when max lvl characters always had the capability to go and "ruin" their experience? They dealt with it and so can you.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    I guess "thrill" means a different to each player, as "warmode is an optional feature" is as well.
    Whatever subjective "thrill" you want to get, that doesn't change the simple fact that WPVP in wow is badly designed and poorly implemented.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    Leave pvp alone! If you don't like it, turn it off (or, as we'd say in the past, play on a PvE server!). For fuck's sake...
    Ganking players so far below you in levels that they literally CAN NOT FIGHT BACK isn't pvp.

Stop defending your shitty attitude and ability troll and grief players.

Exactly how did low levels survive and progress when max lvl characters always had the capability to go and "ruin" their experience? They dealt with it and so can you.
    The "It's always been this way, so it'll never change" defense? Really? Get real.

The fact that it's always been this bad is not an excuse to avoid improving it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should have 2 phases for every zone:
    Proper Level Phase
    Overlevel Phase

Example: 15-40 Zone
    1-45 = Proper Level
    46+ = Overlevel

If an overleveled character groups up with a proper level character, they are both taken to the overlevel phase.

Easy. No more stupid griefing.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Blizzard should have 2 phases for every zone:
    Proper Level Phase
    Overlevel Phase

Example: 15-40 Zone
    1-45 = Proper Level
    46+ = Overlevel

If an overleveled character groups up with a proper level character, they are both taken to the overlevel phase.

Easy. No more stupid griefing.
    If you have an "overleveled" character to group with, he could just come over to help you.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    This whole thing is not new, as many have pointed out.
    In the days of PVP servers, you had 2 options when this occurred:
    1) swap to alt to fight them (or beg for max levels to come to your aid)
    2) go to another zone

Today, you have a 3rd option, which is:
    3) disable warmode, return and resume
    So really, you have it better today than pre-warmode split.

Ganking is a thing, it's always been a thing, and it will always be a thing.
    You need to deal, push through, do whatever to cope because it's not going away.
    The best you can hope for is that you report the player for griefing and something actually comes of it.
    Otherwise, level with warmode off and save yourself the hassle of corpse running all over.

Level is irrelevant when considering the term "player vs player". War Mode wasn't something I was even in favor of in the first place because I knew that it wouldn't stop the bitching and moaning of the casual playerbase that you so clearly are apart of. Honestly, it sounds like all you want is essentially BG rules for the open world. Fucking with a server type or playstyle you clearly aren't in favor of isn't an an improvement to the game, but merely a selfish inconsideration to your fellow players. Ironic, considering your anti-ganking stance.
    Last edited by arboachg; 2018-11-30 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's amazing how in every thread discussing issues with war mode, there are people who completely disregard them and just say "git gud". How exactly does a level 20 git gud against a 120?

War mode is not fine, there's a reason Blizzard needs to add a buff just to get people to enter it, and now the populations are so skewed theres barely any actual pvp happening in the PVP mode.

If a high level tries to kill you more than once or twice, they should be punished. It's a pvp server, it happens every now and then when high levels are passing by, but being on a pvp server isn't an excuse for griefing and specifically hunting people who have absolutely no chance of fighting back.
    You are arguing about a problem that has existed since the early days of WoW. PvP has never been fair. Ganking has always been around. Camping has always happened.

Blizzard has repeated that they prefer a user solution. Ie the mythical WPvP that many people have been arguing for. I have experienced this before and in the past, we requested help in chat and sometime a high level player or players would come and either scare them off or fight them off. This is what Blizzard wants. And this appears to be what some players wants. WPvP.

So I doubt Blizzard will do anything.

The "stop crying" people are presumably the ones who get their jollies off of one shotting lowbies. Pathetic. People toggle pvp on to challenge and interact with players in contests of skill. Nothing skillful about ganking. The sharding idea a few have pitched makes a lot of sense, or better use of scaling. Luring high level players to low level zones with little protection just encourages people to opt out of your system, which means everyone loses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Honestly it's just as unfun and unfair when you first ding 120 and face people with 3x your health, but that's just part of the game. No point in getting too worked up about it. Even if you're getting camped, there are three zones and lots of side quests to level in, so you can just go somewhere else.
    But that isn't even what this thread is about...this thread is about losers who camp people who're 6 times the level of the players they camp.

The fact that so many people voted no and seeing these replies...can tell people are so insecure that they need huge advantages to make them feel tough and like they actually have skill.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzimar View Post
    You clearly did not read what that guy said. "Turning it off" just means the individual player chooses to not partake in warwomde, it is opt in.
    Of course. What else would it mean?

Let's reiterate what's happening here:

1. The biggest issue with WM is low participation, especially on the alliance side, people just turned it off.
    That's why Blizzard is desperately trying to increase the rewards and entice people to participate.

2. So the next step is asking in the community what would it take for people to turn it on. In this thread (and some others), people are saying that they don't mind most aspects of WM, except the blatant griefing.

3. Some options are presented how to maybe improve the situation (limit griefing with WM on while not restricting other forms of WPvP).

4. "PvPers" come in with "Git gud" taunts and telling people to turn WM off.

You understand how that's the exact opposite of what we tried to achieve since step 1, right?

You guys gonna still complain when I kill you over and over again while being within 10 lvls of you?

Someone will find a way to ruin your day no matter what. You should be happy you now have an option to truly not have to deal with it. The problem is that is not good enough for you and you will come up with any reason needed to still try and get a minor bonus. Presumably the next thing that will be said is something along the line of

"You should only be able to kill some one every X minutes"

Risk vs Reward its not a new concept.

Ganking lowbies is pvp. Get over it.

why's this still on the front page, having leveled 10 toons this expansion so far with warmode on, and a couple of allied races to 100-50-50 etc i haven't been ganked more than twice because i'm not an idiot as i mentioned before i just go somewhere the gankers aren't, Duskwood is a easy place horde like to gank so i leveled in another zone, it wasn't very complex.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you one of those that felt "forced" into picking a server type you didn't actually like and moved to neuter it for those who knew what they were getting into?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You simply left or logged off. Guess what this is? Not fun. Actual PVP against people of similar level is fun, and having to leave a zone because you lost a few fun battles is a lot less shitty than a Max level just one shotting you as you rez. That's why most games limit how you can PVP with people much lower level than you. Games are played for fun, and if your fun is ruining other people's fun, you shouldn't be allowed to play. PVP happens on PVP servers, but there is such a thing as taking it too far. There are plenty of people who openly admitting they do it to cause grief in others, and in a multiplayer game, these people are a detriment to everyone but themselves.

Nothing positive comes from the behavior being discussed here. If griefing is how you have fun, you shouldn't be allowed to play a game like this. No one cares when a Max level kills them while wandering through, but corpse camping and the likes are just pointless except to give a person some form of demented ego boost.

Also, no surprise here, you're in the "PVP is fine just leave" camp, while also being a member of the faction that dominates the one sided wpvp in this game. Hrm. It's a pattern that's really hard to ignore.

I simply hope they remove the buff so warmode becomes fun again. I doubt buffing it helped, so they'll have to take the opposite road once that fails. Will be great when 3/4s of the horde stop pretending to be real pvpers and leave warmode because there isn't a free bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    You are arguing about a problem that has existed since the early days of WoW. PvP has never been fair. Ganking has always been around. Camping has always happened.

Blizzard has repeated that they prefer a user solution. Ie the mythical WPvP that many people have been arguing for. I have experienced this before and in the past, we requested help in chat and sometime a high level player or players would come and either scare them off or fight them off. This is what Blizzard wants. And this appears to be what some players wants. WPvP.

So I doubt Blizzard will do anything.
    Just because this is how things have been doesn't mean people shouldn't push for change.

Women were property for thousands of years. Should this have not changed? Slavery has been a thing for a long time, and still is. Should I not push to change this? Extreme examples, I know, but it's silly to say things have always been this way so it's fine and shouldn't change. Something in game - Ninja looting is technically still allowed depending on how you do it, should this not be changed? It's been a thing since Vanilla.

A small group of people make the game, that people play to have fun, less fun. Why should this group be allowed?
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2018-11-30 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    This whole thing is not new, as many have pointed out.
    In the days of PVP servers, you had 2 options when this occurred:
    1) swap to alt to fight them (or beg for max levels to come to your aid)
    2) go to another zone

Today, you have a 3rd option, which is:
    3) disable warmode, return and resume
    So really, you have it better today than pre-warmode split.

Ganking is a thing, it's always been a thing, and it will always be a thing.
    You need to deal, push through, do whatever to cope because it's not going away.
    The best you can hope for is that you report the player for griefing and something actually comes of it.
    Otherwise, level with warmode off and save yourself the hassle of corpse running all over.
    Option 1: alt-hopping is pretty rare when sharding is a factor.

Ganking players so far below you in levels that they literally CAN NOT FIGHT BACK isn't pvp.

Stop defending your shitty attitude and ability troll and grief players.
    This is what happens if you make some arbitrary rule around PvP to prevent "griefing". The limit is N levels, so someone twinked out that is N-0 to N-3 levels above you kills you repeatedly because they can with near impunity. You have nearly just as small a chance to beat them as you would a capped player because you're just leveling, you don't have BiS for your level and the N levels is still a pretty big difference. Right now I can go get my main and camp the fuck out of them until they leave, but with your "solution" I would be SoL unless I just happened to have a character within N levels and geared enough to kill them. So the dumb fuck rogues that I've had to clear out of various zones every time I've leveled would gank me repeatedly or I would have to turn off warmode and not pvp at all. Both are awful choices IMO.

A wise man once said, "cry more n00b!" Other games have tried implementing dumb ideas like yours. PvP in MMO's will always have a large portion of griefing but at least the current WoW ruleset ultimately lets you either opt out or fight back without exploitable arbitrary restrictions.