Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Like @Slowpoke is a Gamer told me, what WoW needs is "fun repeatable content"
    No repeatable content is fun.

And i would add on top of that, create a design structure of gameplay that promotes the community helping eachother out.
    Such as?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2018-12-03 at 01:09 PM.

I still don't understand the concept of streamers. Maybe I'm old. I had to Google this Bellular dude. Streamers are lazy pieces of shit, that instead of going out in the world and making something of themselves, think how can they make money by sitting on my ass doing nothing. They just play video games and talk about it.

What I don't understand is why do people constantly follow these people, and make threads here to discuss their opinion as if it were any different than any other MMO-C poster?

Is that the level of intellect of the gaming community now? That any neck beard can turn a webcam on and beg for follows and likes on YouTube, and all of a sudden people think their opinion is more valid than anyone else?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I worry about this new generation. Instead of liking or following some dipshit on YouTube, read a book ffs.

TL;DR -- Who gives a shit about what some loser streamer thinks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    You do know that Bellular is an actual game developer, right?
    No they don't know because majority of MMO C poster are whiny 13y kiddo that have to hate or defend WoW no matter the context and you can bet they smell like the inside of their crusty socks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I still don't understand the concept of streamers. Maybe I'm old. I had to Google this Bellular dude. Streamers are lazy pieces of shit, that instead of going out in the world and making something of themselves, think how can they make money by sitting on my ass doing nothing. They just play video games and talk about it.

What I don't understand is why do people constantly follow these people, and make threads here to discuss their opinion as if it were any different than any other MMO-C poster?

Is that the level of intellect of the gaming community now? That any neck beard can turn a webcam on and beg for follows and likes on YouTube, and all of a sudden people think their opinion is more valid than anyone else?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I worry about this new generation. Instead of liking or following some dipshit on YouTube, read a book ffs.

You are indeed old and ignorant.

Also everytime I read somebody doing the meme intro " me dunno who is this peeps had to Google it " I picture them as some 23y old hipster that thinks to be edgy or alternative saying he doesn't acknowledge somebody """famous""" in a niche ( as for WoW content creator not streamer you dumb ignorant )

Also there are some streamer posting actively here like SoulSoBreezy and you call them " piece of shit " so I hope moderator like @MoanaLisa will do something.
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2018-12-03 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

Can't tell if trolling, or genuinely bitter.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Class design is what's wrong with the game.

I could careless if we had 0 content or a garbage loot system.

The vehicle I ride in has to be enjoyable and functional, the view or the environment come last.
    Agree. Class design is the main reason i don't enjoy WoW right now.
    On top of that the content and theme of this expansion doesn't appeal to me at all. Much less than any expansion.

Features like azerite armor and their very boring and passive perks, lack of class specific tier sets, no new set of class abilities or talent tier, failure of island expeditions and warfronts make BfA the worst expansion for me.
    There is ZERO iteration and player feedback taken into consideration in alpha/beta and ptr class design.
    Example: There was a set of shadow priest changes about 4 weeks ago on the ptr and thats it. Zero changes or interaction with the community since then. Things will go live broken and unbalanced without anybody at blizzard caring about it.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Talking about the most recent video of Bellulargaming titled "The WoW PROBLEM That Blizzard Doesn’t Understand: Why WoW Rewards Feel BORING!"
    Basically he claims "rewards" are the problem with WoW. They feel boring.

Stuff be said, like this:
    "they need to start innovating in the visual and cosmetic direction if they want people to feel their characters progress"

And ths kind of mentality is what is wrong with World of Warcraft (IMO)
    WoW players are addicted to rewards and Blizzard trained people to be addicted to them.
    Useless to say this is a short term thing and, to my knowledge, is not "rewards" that make people play the game on the long run.

Why this is a flawed design? (a design focused on rewards)
    -What happens when Blizzard creates the "ultimate cosmetic of mass destruction everyone wants"? What happens to the rewards after that?
    Its impossible to keep making a reward better than the previous one. And if they made the "ultimate" one, everything after that would feel boring...
    -Whats the point in having mount number #324 or transmog #222 i ask you.
    What are you supposed to do when you get the transmog you want? Stop?

------

My opinion:
    Gameplay & Community > Everything else

Like @Slowpoke is a Gamer told me, what WoW needs is "fun repeatable content"
    And i would add on top of that, create a design structure of gameplay that promotes the community helping eachother out.
    Basically we need gameplay that will unite us.
    This is mostly a product of playing in a "harsh environment" where people need the help of others. Be it information or actual help.

IMO what keeps people playing on the long term is Fame, Power, love for the gameplay and above all else, the relationships made ingame.

------

Do you agree with Bellular? This guy is a game designer...but to me he is failing when he says the problem is with the "rewards"
    Game oversaturates you with gear til the point it nolonger matters, everything's an Epic and when everything's "Epic" then nothing is epic, why bother? the catchup mechanic of next patch will just give better loot than all that stuff you struggled in raids for? and Warfronts giving wellfare Heroic-Raid ilvl lul.

Ontop of that there's the war/titanforging system, which makes loot feel dissapointing and "meh" unless you roll a lucky high ilvl, it's just RNG, and frustrating things out of your controll.

Items are just boring stat-pieces these days alike, asides trinkets, there's no set-bonuses or much interms of unique things like proccs on item, and visualy there's even less given that each armor-type is a single set now rather than like 2+ than it used to be, BFA broke the gearing process, and the visual-progression at the same time, go figure nobody's interested.
    Last edited by Filipse; 2018-12-03 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think OP is in the headspace of what matters to him personally and failing to realize that just because Bellulars complaints aren't shared with him doesn't make them invalid.

I, personally agree with Bellular completely here and his overview of the problems mirror my own observations and what I personally need to find engagement in World of Warcraft. This is now the first expansion pack I've quit this expansion fully, not just a break this time, even WoD I could endure, I just anchored myself in the positives but there just wasn't enough positives to hold onto this time. There zero soul left in this game and the greed of Activision is seeping into the void left by it.

Unless there is a shift to actually improve the game in meaningful ways I predict the game is on its final descent. The game will only get worse as the sub numbers drop. The higher ups will demand increased profits as opposed to accepting a failing one, so heavier emphasis on micro-transactions and harvesting whales through use of the Warcraft brand is to be expected.

The obvious reason is that there are literally too many problems with BfA to even keep track of and we each have specific things that we dislike the most. The problem is now that millions of people have several, large issues with how the game plays compared to its predecessors. Its not a competition, and shutting down discussion and trying to point to one core problem that will just magically fix everything is foolish.

As many stated, but I just want to add my voice in the thread:

Dull classes. Where is the progression and new things? We lost stuff after Legion! You can't do fun things outside your few damaging abilities. In best cases some specs have talents that are fun to use but subpar so you need to sacrifice your performance for fun.. And that is best case, but still terrible design.

Secondly extremely boring repeatable content. Islands? Warfronts? Yeah, I like m+ but it is then diminished by dull classes. Legion gameplay felt far richer and so did WoD. Go to hell with the universally disliked rng azerite nonsense.

I find classes in GW2 or SWTOR far more interesting. You can do things which aren't necessarily your streamlined 3-4 dps buttons. But those games have other problems.

I like Bellular, but no, you do not fix bad gameplay design with adding fluff rewards. The problem with WoW is game design. The art team is spectacular, no problem there.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2018-12-03 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    I think both you and him have valid points, and after having played almost all classes at 120 i do agree that class design is the problem atm, but not what people trolled about on beta and early launch. Baseline the classes are in fact better than in Legion. The problem is in the depth of the max level systems. Legion had you select 2 legendaries that would modify your gameplay and 2 set bonuses (3 in some cases, but that was a problem), both of wich interacted with each other and your talent system to create depth and variation across each tier.

So, Azerite gear was left to pick up this slack and felt flat due to it's RNG nature where in fact your choice is not wich trait you want, but wether you want a general trait or a spec based one. This is being aleviated next patch but remains the problem. At best we can have 3 traits. Having 3 good traits is fun and makes a visible change in your gameplay. But, this won't last. In previous expansions, new tiers would lead to gameplay changes. For now, we don't know how it will play out with azerite, but the last thing we want is more RNG added to the pool.

The biggest problem here is that the devs wanted to create repeatable content incentive, but missed on the incentive part. It is frustrating and therefore people won't care.

So, back to the point, there is indeed a big problem on the gameplay enjoyment department. Theres few specs i manage to enjoy for a long time now and i have been leveling my characters at a much higher pace than before in search of the right specs for me.

The second point is indeed in agreement with Bellular, partially. We need content that is fun to do. Dynamic/meta events like in GW2. They have the tech for it, they use it for invasions. They need to expand on it and make the world feel alive. Cosmetic rewards are limited though. We have tons of mounts and pets. It just becomes redundant at some point. But the mastery tracks are a good idea (if account wide like GW2 blizzard, don't start adding more character specific rep grind f off).
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-12-03 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    No they don't know because majority of MMO C poster are whiny 13y kiddo that have to hate or defend WoW no matter the context and you can bet they smell like the inside of their crusty socks
    I'm certain that majority of people posting here doesn't know anything about Bellulargaming. The problem was his ignorance of the subject he decided to rant about. Any sensible non-troglodyte living in a real world would understand this. You just lowered yourself to the same level of ignorance than he is. Oh internetz.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    WoWs repeatable content isn't fun anymore because the vessel you use to play through it - your class; has been neutered beyond belief.

BfAs failures begin and end with Class Design and the complete and utter lack of character progression past level 100.
    Idd, repeatable content is fun as long as you have fun to play a class, for example speaking of rogue and mage (the classes i played in bfa before unsubbing), sub rogue feels shit without it's artifact and dfa (spec revolved about optimal use of finality trait and dfa) and fire mage with gcd changes feels like playing with 1000ms latency, never bothered about new arcane because shitty rop and frost is just boring as hell
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antibigot View Post
    I'm certain that majority of people posting here doesn't know anything about Bellulargaming. The problem was his ignorance of the subject he decided to rant about. Any sensible non-troglodyte living in a real world would understand this. You just lowered yourself to the same level of ignorance than he is. Oh internetz.
    Ye sure I will take I will take in consideration something from " antibigot "

Beside the fact that there is nothing in Bellular statement that is ignorant regarding the subject, and this just show us that you are one of the kiddo that smells like crusted socks.

Also assuming you get the majority of a wow fansite doesn't know who are at least one of the most famous yt cr of wow is hardly to believe.

Hes pretty spot on though. Literally everything in retail feels like nothing? Getting a new mount, getting a titan-forged mythic piece etc, nothing fucking matters. Where I think bellular is slightly off is how much he values the visual progression, not that hes wrong but I just think he values it too highly. Tmog definitely ruined a lot of the excitement with rewards but not to the same extent that TF/WF and welfare epics does(LFR, weekly caches, constant drops, etc.)
    We humans have to stick together

7+ Year Old Account
    Bellular is quite often full of shit and shilling WoW.... It's irritating. Blizzard has him on speed-dial, i'm sure.

TLR: WoW is ded and we have killed it

WoWs repeatable content isn't fun anymore because the vessel you use to play through it - your class; has been neutered beyond belief.

BfAs failures begin and end with Class Design and the complete and utter lack of character progression past level 100.
    Ah yes, the only issue BfA has is that your class has lost some abilities. That makes sense, especially given the fact that many classes didn't lose much at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawnapple View Post
    Bellular is quite often full of shit and shilling WoW.... It's irritating. Blizzard has him on speed-dial, i'm sure.

TLR: WoW is ded and we have killed it
    Can't wait to see your reaction to Taliesin and Evitel so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Hes pretty spot on though. Literally everything in retail feels like nothing? Getting a new mount, getting a titan-forged mythic piece etc, nothing fucking matters. Where I think bellular is slightly off is how much he values the visual progression, not that hes wrong but I just think he values it too highly. Tmog definitely ruined a lot of the excitement with rewards but not to the same extent that TF/WF and welfare epics does(LFR, weekly caches, constant drops, etc.)
    But Xmog is more a psychological issue, because if everybody can look alike to everybody there is no way to recognize "prestige"

But there still can be a "progress" feeling even if everybody have the same weapon or armor, as an example in Legion everybody have the Ashbringer at the start but at some point into Legion somebody would unlock

The +15 skin or the PvP skin, and that was basically the " progress " that you could achiv and show to you and everybody else your progress.

Have to agree with this. Lots of games have content that si repeated, it's just the way you play through it which makes it fun.

Take Monster Hunter World. You kill the same monsters over and over again, but you have so many choices on how to do it, and some weapons are quite indepth. Keeps it fun and interesting. I think I sunk over 200 hours into that game.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    It's not neccessarily class design, most caster specs are just slow and feel dull because of the lack of baseline haste (less 2ndary stats) and nobody like cast times beyond 2 seconds, maybe even 1.7. Encounters demand more flexibility, long casts work against that. Not talking about spamming instants again oder 90% cast on move specs.
    Agreed. I won't be playing anything but melee until 30% haste is easily obtainable again. Casters are painfully boring to play and feel like low level alts.