Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Ye sure, why not.
    Happens all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    This guy gets it, Its about the Class Design and its enjoyment while progressing and its retention during the content slow down period. Sadly the classes do neither made worse by the fact that every system currently in BFA is pretty awful.

Horrible world scaling, Pruning, GCD changes and the failure of the Azerite Armor being the Leggo 2.0 version has done nothing but brought the worst out of character development..
    Gcd, oh god the fucking gcd. It is the one change that ruined game play far beyond any other one change could have done. Not only is the game stale as fuck to play now but you're character is bogged down because ion is a shit cunt

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    If I actually enjoyed playing my own character then even mythic+ could be fun.
    Alas, it's not.
    On the specific subject of M+, I remember running a lot of M+ in Legion, and I loved it, even when I didn't need anything from it (i.e. when helping lower geared guildies). But now in M+, I just cba with it, dungeons just feel boring, uninspired, and my favourite class's toolkit is half of what I had in Cata
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I personally love where gaming is right now, mainly because I just don't enjoy most of the AAA games right now, save for Nintendo games.

Things like CoD, Battlefield, AC and the like, just simply don't interest me because I find them boring.

But when I get things like Smash Bros, Nier Automata, Civ 5 and 6, Divinity Original Sin 2, BOTW and others, I personally feel as though gaming has a lot of amazing stuff.

Problem is, if people look at the gaming industry through a singlular lense, in this case through the "AAA" industry, it does look really bad. Microtransactions, dumb decisions, you can even see it with WoW and the direction they're taking the game.

But if you go beyond that, you'll definitely see things that are truly amazing.

I agree, there's great games from smaller publishers that I've bought and played and been pretty dang satisfied with, since kicking WoW to the curb in WoD. Surviving Mars, Civ 6 (I have issues with the dlcs, but the core game is still very playable since they fixed a lot of the launch issues like religious warfare), Prison Architect, Cities: Skylines, Oxygen Not Included, and Path of Exile. All quality games, at lower(ish) prices, where there is dlc content, but it's optional, and that I've played and enjoyed. And some of the big titles have been excellent, too - Witcher 3, GTA V, Fallout 4, all games that were widely played and enjoyed. I don't think it's an industry problem, it's more a problem with a handful of AAA studios - EA and ATVI being the most egregious. (Bethesda is making mistakes, but at least someone high up stepped in with the canvasbaggate and fixed it)(Fallout 76 is still a bag of burning dog poo)

If WoW returned to form of Wrath or Pandaria - I'd probably give it a shot again. But I think those days are long gone. Sadly. The reasons why are hard to pin down, without being inside Blizzard and knowing for real what's going on, but I keep remembering that Wrath was made by (their account) 50 odd devs, and BfA had 250-300 devs, more time, and delivered a fraction of what Wrath did. The company/team that made Wrath doesn't exist anymore, but players want/expect that team/game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    On the specific subject of M+, I remember running a lot of M+ in Legion, and I loved it, even when I didn't need anything from it (i.e. when helping lower geared guildies). But now in M+, I just cba with it, dungeons just feel boring, uninspired, and my favourite class's toolkit is half of what I had in Cata
    Exactly this. Its boring and playing feels not satisfying at all. The game feels like it lost its soul. 75% of my guild has unsubbed and can't blame them. But the answer Blizz will give us for the large increase in unsubs, is that we consume content much faster.

Deleted
    I'd much rather listen to Bellular than Asmongold. At least Bellular actually have interesting points and views, instead of just sitting in some nasty basement, and making videos that noone gives a shit about (at least noone that actually cares about WoW that is). How Asmongold got so many viewers is baffling.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I'd much rather listen to Bellular than Asmongold. At least Bellular actually have interesting points and views, instead of just sitting in some nasty basement, and making videos that noone gives a shit about (at least noone that actually cares about WoW that is). How Asmongold got so many viewers is baffling.
    Feel the same way.
    Its like T&E they also put real effort and passion into every video they do
    IMHO Bellular made the best suggestion months ago over Azerite. by putting the necklace
    as a new talent system like the old weapons in Legion.

Its just brilliant seeing someone put ideas forward and the reasoning behind them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Asmongold,bellular....guys with zero knowledge for the game,with standpoints of 12yr olds.
    Said the person with 145 posts
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Hey Soon-TM, I completely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Hey, relacks guy.

Quote Originally Posted by elynos View Post
    no such thing as fun without rewards, there needs to be an incentive to do something or I won't. Like the chromie scenario looked pretty fun, didn't do it cause it didn't add to my power.
    Definitely agree, they need to provide justification for you to spend your time on an activity, but they aren't the whole show. Slogging through boring, meaningless crap to get the best, most amazing rewards is poor game design, which, for me, is where the game is at right now (well admittedly the rewards seem lacking too...).

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    What a weird criticism, posting in online communities connotes expertise now?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    WoWs repeatable content isn't fun anymore because the vessel you use to play through it - your class; has been neutered beyond belief.

BfAs failures begin and end with Class Design and the complete and utter lack of character progression past level 100.
    Give a beer to this man. Now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Class Design is not the problem ... everyone claims it is but remember "the good old days" where classes where so much better? But in fact they were the same garbage and 2 years ago everyone was shitting around about classes the same way they do now.
    Guess it's a good thing classes are older than two years and we have much more to base opinions off of than the last two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    Bellular is not a game designer, he just asks for money and gets other people to work for him.
    Actually I think he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Talking about the most recent video of Bellulargaming titled "The WoW PROBLEM That Blizzard Doesn’t Understand: Why WoW Rewards Feel BORING!"
    Basically he claims "rewards" are the problem with WoW. They feel boring.

Stuff be said, like this:
    "they need to start innovating in the visual and cosmetic direction if they want people to feel their characters progress"
    The problem isn't just the "reward" the problem is the gameplay itself.
    Maybe that's because I played MMOs for a decade now and am jaded / burnt out but imho the repeated grind gameplay isn't fun in WoW.
    It's a bit more fun in Final Fantasy XIV but not by much, thankfully, if played smartly, that game keeps grind to a minimum.

WoW just has too much boring busywork people are baited into with <reward> that is the core problem. It becomes more of a problem if the rewards are boring, aye. WoWs gear hasn't "wowed" me visually since early cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Fun first. Reward second.

That's why I play video games.

Whilst gear rains from the sky. 95% of it is useless vendor trash. Then the gold and AP rewards are also neutered. It has gotten to the point where the rewards are so pathetic you don't even take notice of getting them.

- - - Updated - - -

M+ is objectively worse than it was in Legion.

They did nothing to iterate or improve upon the system. They actually made it worse.

Adding fortified etc in keys below 10+. The dungeons themselves are also designed to frustrate you with tonnes of trash with annoying abilities. M+ wasn't designed for you to CC mobs, it's a fucking race.
    But from a different perspective, did they not raise the skill cap for M+ by requiring you to actually pick out specific targets and either CC or down them first (you know planning ahead and utilizing all of your abilities)?

Also, adding things like Fortified to lower keys was a good idea because it prepares people for higher content. However, I think they need need to tweak it so that the difficulty slowly scales up at a different rate than it is currently.

Also, I agree with the idea of unavoidable problems being annoying. Like Freehold. I do not mind it when the mobs are doing annoying stuff (like shooting you into the sky or pushing you around) as you can CC them or avoid them, or down them before other targets. What really grinds my gears is the orc at the beginning who rains poop down on you. There is not way to really mitigate or lessen it. He just poops on you constantly. Unavoidably. I hate that kind of design.
    Last edited by Lightforged; 2018-12-04 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    Well it's like ... first time you eat something you enjoy, like hotdogs...now after a few hundred of them, they are just food, and not special anymore...sure, you can add different flavors, different spices, but even those get dull after a while.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Well it's like ... first time you eat something you enjoy, like hotdogs...now after a few hundred of them, they are just food, and not special anymore...sure, you can add different flavors, different spices, but even those get dull after a while.
    The problem is that Blizzard's hotdog comes these days with noticeably less flavours, variants and spices than in the past. Even when most customers seemed to enjoy the spicier renditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The problem is that Blizzard's hotdog comes these days with noticeably less flavours, variants and spices than in the past. Even when most customers seemed to enjoy the spicier renditions.
    You don't know shit about what "most customers" seem to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You don't know shit about what "most customers" seem to enjoy.
    Most people like the RPG in MMORPG. That's kind of the point. Those flavors and toppings are the RPG elements.