Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Why do people say that BM is the easiest spec to play atm?
    Because your pet does most of the damage, because you can simply press buttons as they come up and still do decently. Yes, I know you can do things to improve on that, I'm not attacking, but answering what people think.

One important aspect to having good DPS as BM is to manage the frenzy stacks.
    https://wago.io/Vy_cmLXaz Azor's Barbed Shot WA. You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    But it's the input lag that kills the enjoyment of BM for me. I swear, if I see KC trigger one more GCD without actually being cast, I'm going to skewer my pet and instantly reroll Warlock.
    I thought I was the only one. At least a couple time a night I have my rotation screwed by input lag.

A common issue is desperately trying to cast barbed shot for a full three seconds only to see frenzy fall off and come back with one stack. Bye bye gold parse.

The most consistently bad is mythic zek'voz. Fighting the adds is just a nightmare of input lag. It is impossible for me to parse as it feels like only half my casts go off.

I'm not sure if it's my add-ons or wow itself. I'm running the same add-ons (elvui and wa2) as I legion and never had anything as crippling then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    I thought I was the only one. At least a couple time a night I have my rotation screwed by input lag.

A common issue is desperately trying to cast barbed shot for a full three seconds only to see frenzy fall off and come back with one stack. Bye bye gold parse.

The most consistently bad is mythic zek'voz. Fighting the adds is just a nightmare of input lag. It is impossible for me to parse as it feels like only half my casts go off.

I'm not sure if it's my add-ons or wow itself. I'm running the same add-ons (elvui and wa2) as I legion and never had anything as crippling then.
    Yep exactly the same thing for me. I have a stable connection, a steady 40ms, only a few essential addons, correct custom latency tolerance level, but nothing makes a difference.

I believe it’s only spells that check if you have a pet, if your pet’s alive, in range, how many frenzy stacks your pet has etc. Because it doesn’t seem to affect spells like Cobra Shot that don’t interact with your pet.

Whatever it is, it makes the spec feel really unfun to me, even though I’d really enjoy it under normal circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep exactly the same thing for me. I have a stable connection, a steady 40ms, only a few essential addons, correct custom latency tolerance level, but nothing makes a difference.

I believe it’s only spells that check if you have a pet, if your pet’s alive, in range, how many frenzy stacks your pet has etc. Because it doesn’t seem to affect spells like Cobra Shot that don’t interact with your pet.

Whatever it is, it makes the spec feel really unfun to me, even though I’d really enjoy it under normal circumstances.
    You may be right. Another thing I've noticed on is the spirit beast heal. Sometimes it takes multiple tries just to get it to go off.

My guilds other BM hunter says he doesn't have nearly as many issues. That's why I was thinking it's an add-on thing. I was beginning to suspect it was some particular weak auras or something.

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    You may be right. Another thing I've noticed on is the spirit beast heal. Sometimes it takes multiple tries just to get it to go off.
    I have the same issue with the spirit beast dispel, it takes multiple tries before it goes off. I've heard it somewhere that it is because of the GCD it shares with the other pet abilities, like bite, claw, etc. Maybe that's the same problem with the heal.

Not really falling off, im doing quite well with it. Survival hunters are outdpsing me but i think they will be a buff for us in the coming patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    It has never been a massive burst class
    Big Red Kitty says hi.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Look at the number of parses, you do get that many if the class is bad.
    Yes, yes you do - at least with BM. Even if BM sims dead last (and realistically is dead last) you still have more BM parses than most other specs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/17

Quote Originally Posted by adcesamo View Post
    I have the same issue with the spirit beast dispel, it takes multiple tries before it goes off. I've heard it somewhere that it is because of the GCD it shares with the other pet abilities, like bite, claw, etc. Maybe that's the same problem with the heal.
    It´s becouse of the range from your pet to you (Heal) or to the target you are trying to dispel.
    The pet runs in range to cast if you are out of range (spirit mend has a 25ydr range) and then if you press something else say KC, or macroed in pet attack in BS you overide the input that the pet is running to you and it runs back to the target and leave you without a heal or dispel.....

Deleted
    dire consequences yey or ney? Does it even proc? Stood 2 min on a dummy not a single proc.

Dunno blizz cant you just say how much % chance it has to proc?

Quote Originally Posted by cequence View Post
    It´s becouse of the range from your pet to you (Heal) or to the target you are trying to dispel.
    The pet runs in range to cast if you are out of range (spirit mend has a 25ydr range) and then if you press something else say KC, or macroed in pet attack in BS you overide the input that the pet is running to you and it runs back to the target and leave you without a heal or dispel.....
    But that happens even when pet is in range, don't think it is just an out of range issue.

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    dire consequences yey or ney? Does it even proc? Stood 2 min on a dummy not a single proc.

Dunno blizz cant you just say how much % chance it has to proc?
    https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#h...tacking&tier=3

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Yes, yes you do - at least with BM. Even if BM sims dead last (and realistically is dead last) you still have more BM parses than most other specs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/17
    Lol your warcraftlogs link is for Antorus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Lol your warcraftlogs link is for Antorus
    Almost like it was intended to prove a point.

Inaccurate. Many people sim it as the 2nd best option to PI and sometimes slightly above a 2nd PI with their own gear. I would stop linking that until everything is straightened out with how the trait actually sims/performs.

10+ Year Old Account

I Have the same thing, maybe it's because i have a few weakaura's that feel outdated maybe messing things up, anyone found a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by renroval View Post
    Based on this chart, we went from being great to being mediocre or bottom half of the DPS pack.

warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#class=Hunter&dataset=95&timespan=60

Seems like come 8.1, our scaling is going to be detrimental to raid comps. Our amazing mobility is not worth such a DPS loss and low scaling.
    Welcome to every expansion of WoW!

BM has good base stats because of pet DPS, so it often is one of the best specs on day 1.

People complain, HUNTARDS SHOULD NOT WIN, BM IS DUMB! and it gets nerfed.

Bad base stats + bad scaling = bad spec. Numbers dwindle. BM is unplayable.

50-50 chance that on the last tier of the expansion, BM will get a buff. Sometimes this makes it OP for a little while, sometimes just playable.

Rinse, repeat.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    wtf are you smoking. Pet travel even with dash and the kill command charge makes it one of the worst range classes to switch targets. In all honesty, the class should be treated as melee for switching targets.
    Remember Krosus? ... hahah RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Why do people say that BM is the easiest spec to play atm?
    Because those same people find LFR and Normal raids to be challenging content that they cannot seem to finish before reset.

BM isn't even the easiest hunter spec to play and is probably in the upper half of the most difficult specs in the game right now.

I can personally attest that BM is harder than all specs of DH, harder than SV hunter and harder than Guardian druid.

Harder than BM includes MM hunter and Feral druid (seriously, don't play feral, it is stupid).
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Because those same people find LFR and Normal raids to be challenging content that they cannot seem to finish before reset.

BM isn't even the easiest hunter spec to play and is probably in the upper half of the most difficult specs in the game right now.

I can personally attest that BM is harder than all specs of DH, harder than SV hunter and harder than Guardian druid.

Harder than BM includes MM hunter and Feral druid (seriously, don't play feral, it is stupid).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=95

bm hunter dead last, mm hunter 3rd to last.

what are we supposed to play in raid :S