Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Where did they say we would get it in December?

Nighthold launched in January too. And Legion launched in August as well.

It's the same content pacing they had in place for Legion.

Also it's usually the pace between the opening raid and first big one now. Has been for years. You complain about pacing but raids have been paced like this if not slightly longer sometimes for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What defence?

@grexly75 is right. This release time lines up with Nightholds.

And pretty much other entry raid to major raid patches. Hell beats a few of the older ones by a month or two. You are getting raids quicker than you used to.

Also this has been a thing since at least Mists of Pandaria.

Everyone forgets that Legion by this time also added in Trial of Valor (a 3 boss Raid) and Return to Karazhan (8 - 9 boss dungeon w/ a challenge run). Hell, that was added in late October 2016.
    Last edited by BradicusRex; 2019-01-04 at 03:11 PM.

I'm actually glad that they are going to have the races swap places for a lot of the fights including racials.

I can't wait to hear the excuses from the kicking and screaming "mah OP horde racials are why Horde always get world firsts!" when Horde guilds still steamroll the Mythic leaderboards

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    I'm actually glad that they are going to have the races swap places for a lot of the fights including racials.

I can't wait to hear the excuses from the kicking and screaming "mah OP horde racials are why Horde always get world firsts!" when Horde guilds still steamroll the Mythic leaderboards
    Yeah I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact there are like 20x as many recruits and raid guilds on that faction.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Really stupid implementation of a "faction-war" raid. It's completely immersion breaking to switch sides, even with whatever dumb perspective excuse they throw at it. WTF Blizzard.

I don't like what I see from this because of these reasons:

1. Raiding yet another Horde capital, though this one is where you spend a lot of time currently

2. Having to kill Rastakhan, one of the few good new characters this expansion has

3. Jaina being the final boss, who is not interesting in the slighest and gets away without a scratch (that we'll see). How is it fun to fight a final boss of a raid, only to have her teleport away at 1% so that you have accomplished next to nothing?

4. Switching around factions during the raid because they couldn't figure out otherwise how they want to do whole different experiences. So much for that faction pride..

Now I just want to see the Azshara raid asap.

Quote Originally Posted by BradicusRex View Post
    Everyone forgets that Legion by this time also added in Trial of Valor (a 3 boss Raid) and Return to Karazhan (8 - 9 boss dungeon w/ a challenge run). Hell, that was added in late October 2016.
    Ok then let me remind you that the equivalent of those you said are coming in 8.1.5 and 8.2, so yeah, the same content. The difference is that it'll be faster mid expansion than legion and legion was faster at the start.

Azerite armor is in a bad state, islands are meh and warfront.. blizzaard did very bad here, but this thread omg, all I can read is "WAAAAAAA for 3 bosses they will change my race WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" among others, this community is starting to be worse than raising a kid.
    Last edited by eduwneso; 2019-01-04 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    A shame they choose this approach, I'd have more respect if they had just gone and said "ok both sides get a different experience and guess what that means completely different bosses and no we don't care if you say alliance or horde have it easier or better lore encounters there different get over it". To just break the wall and go now you are magically the other faction go kill bosses and don't ask why you are doing it is kind of pathetic.
    +1 to this.. i already hate this raid due to this one fact and the title for the mythic kill is such a sham.... (not like i'll get it but still....)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    Ok then let me remind you that the equivalent of those you said are coming in 8.1.5 and 8.2, so yeah, the same content. The difference is that it'll be faster mid expansion than legion and legion was faster at the start.

Azerite armor is in a bad state, islands are meh and warfront.. blizzaard did very bad here, but this thread omg, all I can read is "WAAAAAAA for 3 bosses they will change my race WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" among others, this community is starting to be worse than raising a kid.
    Because it is a pretty lazy way of dealing with it.

It's literally just a simple race flip that's used in other instances. Or with toys.

Maybe the raid is awesome don't get me wrong. But how they are handling the perspective is absolutely lazy and shoddy.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-01-04 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't like what I see from this because of these reasons:

1. Raiding yet another Horde capital, though this one is where you spend a lot of time currently

2. Having to kill Rastakhan, one of the few good new characters this expansion has

3. Jaina being the final boss, who is not interesting in the slighest and gets away without a scratch (that we'll see). How is it fun to fight a final boss of a raid, only to have her teleport away at 1% so that you have accomplished next to nothing?

4. Switching around factions during the raid because they couldn't figure out otherwise how they want to do whole different experiences. So much for that faction pride..

Now I just want to see the Azshara raid asap.
    1. Made up excuse: Dazar'alor doesn't remotely come close to Orgrimmar in terms of visuals and aesthetics, and I haven't mentioned the bossfights. Also technically it's not a Horde Capital... but that the least relevant thing, I know.

2. As a Horde I didn't find him particularly interesting? I'd be interested to hear what depth of his character you found intriguing.

3. She is? But opinions.. just alone the fact that she is one of the few heroes whom you would not expect to fight at all makes it somehow interesting.

"How is it fun to fight a final boss of a raid, only to have her teleport away at 1% so that you have accomplished next to nothing?" Yes, cause most raiders play the raid for lore-reason, totally not to have fun by overcoming different challenges with teamwork. I mean, why should we really care about, if the "teleports away at 1%" still means: the boss is defeated.

4. Should they dare to make the raid fundamentally different, the negative backlash would be overwhelming from both sides. It would be the perfect soil to continue bashing the developers with *insert your own faction here*-biased claims.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Not particularly excited to come back to the game to end a raid dressing up as a greenskin and beating on my own faction heroes. What happened with the idea of having the raid structured different per faction? Shame that didn't happen. Doesn't seem anyone except the usual suspects who praise anything in the game no matter what are happy with this.

Oh well, Orbonne Monastery will keep me entertained until Azshara I suppose. Or maybe I'll be completely detoxed by then.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2019-01-04 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity.

Well I was going to resub for this raid, now I will stay unsubbed. Maybe ill be back next year at the end of the expansion . Its a shame because i really wanted a Zandalari and Kultiran Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Well I was going to resub for this raid, now I will stay unsubbed. Maybe ill be back next year at the end of the expansion . Its a shame because i really wanted a Zandalari and Kultiran Druid.
    Yeah, I intended to use my expansion boost to get a Kul Tiran character to play with a friend... still waiting on doing that. Whenever you get around to it, Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    A shame they choose this approach, I'd have more respect if they had just gone and said "ok both sides get a different experience and guess what that means completely different bosses and no we don't care if you say alliance or horde have it easier or better lore encounters there different get over it". To just break the wall and go now you are magically the other faction go kill bosses and don't ask why you are doing it is kind of pathetic.
    Do u understand this cant never happen right?? there is multiple factor that prevent this.

First there is competition for World first, that mean if one raid is easier that the other will make a huge problem.

Second if the raid where the same, that mean basically we will get copy paste bosses with diferents skins.

Third you split your audience alot more, since Raid been something that both faction can experience, with your approach it mean you need to have a horde or alliance alt to check the other side.

This approach that Blizzard is taking make good sense, not to speak they announce this since day one. They said that no meter your faction you will be able to experience the other side.

If ppl dont care to read the info or listen to the interviews from blizzcon is thier own fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Not particularly excited to come back to the game to end a raid dressing up as a greenskin and beating on my own faction heroes. What happened with having two different raids? Doesn't seem anyone except the usual suspects who praise anything in the game no matter what are happy with this.

Oh well, Orbonne Monastery will keep me entertained until Azshara I suppose. Or maybe I'll be completely detoxed by then.
    they never announce it as 2 different raid, i cant understand where you all get this false information.

They announce a raid with 2 different stating bosses, and that and the end you will be able to experience the other bosses.
    Last edited by dranlord; 2019-01-04 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Still pissed we didn’t get to kill Jaina.

This expansion would have been worth it to get rid of that bitch.
    Definitely spelled Sylvanas wrong. Jaina isn't the BITCH. Sylvanas is. She She destroyed a city just so the alliance didnt take it, Then used a person's dead son for her own wicked ass agendas. Nope, Sylvanas is the BITCH for sure.

What motivation would an Alliance player possibly have to beat up their own leaders, especially after the humiliaton Alliance players have endured in BfA so far ... /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    What motivation would an Alliance player possibly have to beat up their own leaders, especially after the humiliaton Alliance players have endured in BfA so far ... /facepalm
    good lord, did any of you that pop up on a website dedicate to wowfans, care to actually read anything about the raid????

you dont face your leader as your faction, after killing Rastakan and retreating from the city since horde reinforcement arrive. A Npc tell you why your fleet need to retreat and then you will get transform into horde and fight the alliance bosses.

Similar is the experience for the horde, when they finish Jaina they find Rastakan is death, and a NPC tell the story (mean you fight the horde bosses)

good lord isnt that hard if you guys read or watch interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Not particularly excited to come back to the game to end a raid dressing up as a greenskin and beating on my own faction heroes. What happened with having two different raids? Doesn't seem anyone except the usual suspects who praise anything in the game no matter what are happy with this.

There was never going to to be "two different raids" it was always, you kill your bosses and then you see the other bosses through a "flashback"

Well its an interesting concept, lets see how it goes. It cant be worse than Uldir... Can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There was never going to to be "two different raids" it was always, you kill your bosses and then you see the other bosses through a "flashback"
    right!!!!

i think ppl are just making stuff to try to make a argument.

Isnt possible the make this much bullshit about something that was announce from day one.

So much for faction pride.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."