Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynreve View Post
    No idea why they didn't make it 30% for both factions. I mean the problem with warmode is that the 10% wasn't motivating enough, so the Horde wanted to do pvp while the Alliance didn't and also didn't find the 10% worth the hassle of putting up with a sea of red text.

The Alliance wouldn't lose interest again if the Horde also gets the 30%, and the Horde wouldn't now be pushed out of warmode by a sea of Alliance while now the Horde doesn't see the point in the 10%.

But a 30% for both would have solved everything. But no, as usual, Blizzard just can't do it right.
    I think people forget why the 10% buff was implemented in the first place. It was to offset the amount of time "wasted" from getting killed in world pvp. Everyone knows it is more efficient to do things like questing if you don't have to constantly look over your shoulder or fight other players in the process.

Now the reason Alliance have a 30% buff is because they spend more time getting ganked due to the much larger amount of horde players in warmode. On average, Horde players are not losing as much time to getting ganked, so the 10% buff is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    I honestly do not see it being a see-saw effect because there are enough horde players that actually want to PVP mixed with the progression raiders that want the bonus on horde to outnumber the alliance player base that wants the 30% buff. The True fix will end up being either nerf horde racials to where they are under Alliance racial or buff alliance racials so they beat horde ones, to push faction balance(but the horde would really complain then that their racials are not better, example give Everyman for themselves back to humans)

- - - Updated - - -

No one cares about RP....Sorry
    Blizzard doesnt have the skill to balance that out... its just reality. one side will always be better one class will always be better one spec will always be better, they cant balance it. And if they ever do then everything will feel exactly the same,which will just lead to,well why even bother playing it's all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reokotsae View Post
    If horde ever see this buff it will be for a very small amount of time. The only reason I and pretty much anyone in my guild has it on is because AP on the map is finite, and 30% more of it is a lot. If the buff was given to both sides IE: more horde, more horde dominated shards, way more time investment i'd drop it as would a lot of alliance resulting in it going back to pre 8.1 status quo. If alliance drops down to 10% it's no longer worth the time investment and wm back off again.

There isn't a great way to fix this, but they should probably remove pve incentives from warmode and plug in some form of boost into the honor/conquest system.
    Exactly, that's why this buff makes no sense because they'll never be able to balance sharding or faction choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    So if you knew I got a mount 30% easier than you, it would affect your fun??? Weird.

Sounds like a recipe for a life full of sorrow and misery.
    Depends on how you got it 30% easier.

Is it because you play a Rogue and I play a Warrior and you could stealth through 30% of the content? No problem, classes have their perks.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by applebiscuit View Post
    I think people forget why the 10% buff was implemented in the first place. It was to offset the amount of time "wasted" from getting killed in world pvp. Everyone knows it is more efficient to do things like questing if you don't have to constantly look over your shoulder or fight other players in the process.

Now the reason Alliance have a 30% buff is because they spend more time getting ganked due to the much larger amount of horde players in warmode. On average, Horde players are not losing as much time to getting ganked, so the 10% buff is appropriate.
    Actually, the reason it was implemented is because a vast majority of people would instantly turn it off (or never turn it on) if it were not for the 10% buff. Though, your analogy does hold up if we actually believe that the 10% waste for 'wasted time'.

Should have never killed off PVP servers and just used warmode for the PvE/RP servers. It should have never given a exp buff. If you have to buff a feature like this to get people to use it, it means they don't really want to use it. This desire by devs to return Wpvp by giving excessive incentive to do it needs to die. Wpvp is and always has been mostly broken and no where near balanced so there is no reason to put out a reward for it. This longing for what existed essentially only in Classic and for a short period of time needs to pass.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    They are obviously lying now are they? Horde will never get this buff ever, even when there are almost no Horde in Warmode anymore. It's just a manual setting that they decide to flip once in a while when they feel like it.
    blizzard system > your feel craft

5 weeks, this means the horde is still outnumbering alliances by a quite margin.

gonna tell you what the horde used to tell the alliance " if you cannot handle Wpvp, turn it off "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    blizzard system > your feel craft

5 weeks, this means the horde is still outnumbering alliances by a quite margin.

gonna tell you what the horde used to tell the alliance " if you cannot handle Wpvp, turn it off "
    People handle war mode just fine, the problem is people who don't bitched their way to a 30% buff.

Since the next AR are giving the Horde another one they have been asking for since forever, while the Alliance gets some Fat Humans that almost nobody gives a fuck about, Horde will NEVER get this Bonus.

It might be hard for Horde players to understand....but the only way for this faction imbalance to go away is for more players to play Alliance. So what they SHOULD do is ask themselves why they and the people they know in game are not playing Alliance...and then come forward and want a change to these reasons. You should want to play Alliance. That would fix the problem.

As long as Blizzard is pouring all the love + attention on the Horde side of the game they will have to keep feeding the Alliance buffs like that so the faction does not die off completely.

Removing factions from the game and making wPvP FFA would also fix all of these problems.

All these people complaining about their buff not being big enough, and yet you still haven't turned it off. That's what's keeping the buff so high, Alliance haven't started turning it on and you are keeping it on.

MMMM! QQ more! Your tears feed me!

In all seriousness. The only reason it's not 30% for Horde is because the alliance players aren't really using WM other then leveling Alt. It's not evening out. If it was evening out it would be 10%. It relies on the opposite faction being outnumbered, which the Horde outnumbers the Alliance when it comes to Warmode. Just gotta learn to deal with that. So in reality. You can't say blizz lied, because the function is working as intended. You should be blaming the players for not trying to even it out. As an alliance player, that plays on a server dominated by Horde Asshats, I wouldn't wanna turn warmode on, Unless I am leveling an alt. There's no point cause I don't pvp, and many players don't want to pvp endgame.

In conclusion. Complaining that blizz lied, and that Horde will never get the buff is really on the players. And you can't blame some players, PVP is boring. World PVP doesn't exist anymore, and even though this buff benifits the alliance? Alliance players still aren't really using Warmode. Besides, Blizz is horde bias all the time. No use complaining when you are the dominant faction in a way. But watch, someone will comment on my comment saying how "I am an idiot who doesn't know the game, Blizz has lied to us plenty of times. BLAH BLAH BLAH! I'm QQ cause I have no life." This is my opinion. Everyone is entitled to is. If you don't like it, Who fucking cares. I stated what I think are decent counter arguments, which I am not saying I am right and everyone else is wrong. This is how I see the system and people really should blame the players who aren't using WM if they want this to balance out. Which it likely wont. WM is useless anyways, other then the buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Since the next AR are giving the Horde another one they have been asking for since forever, while the Alliance gets some Fat Humans that almost nobody gives a fuck about, Horde will NEVER get this Bonus.

It might be hard for Horde players to understand....but the only way for this faction imbalance to go away is for more players to play Alliance. So what they SHOULD do is ask themselves why they and the people they know in game are not playing Alliance...and then come forward and want a change to these reasons. You should want to play Alliance. That would fix the problem.

As long as Blizzard is pouring all the love + attention on the Horde side of the game they will have to keep feeding the Alliance buffs like that so the faction does not die off completely.

Removing factions from the game and making wPvP FFA would also fix all of these problems.
    Exactly. Thank you for this statement.

Warmode is a great thing. You can opt out of PvP and get standardized rewards or you can opt into it for a chance of bigger rewards, but are then forced to contend with the enemies.

Players want the rewards without wanting the risk to come with them, while they also clearly ignore the fact that the additional rewards are there exactly because of the risk that comes with getting them.

There's also objective complaints and they basically boil down to two things; complaints about the sharding disbalance and the complaints about having no incentive to do world content in warmode because 30% more of something that means nothing to you is still pretty much nothing. You can spot these objective complaints very easily because the players posting them won't shift the disscussion to talk about "the +30% bonus that I can't have without having to do this annoying fighting with other players".
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-01-16 at 11:59 PM.

Isn't going anywhere, just like the PVP Enlistment Bonus. The extra 30% is nice but it's still about an equivalent drop in AP/hr considering there's less LFD grps with WM on, and yeah, taking time to WPVP. Especially with those quests where you need to kill a mob and there's several horde waiting to kill it first, so you have to wait for it to be killed, wait for another respawn, then tag it and hope several horde don't show up in the meantime. If I'm in a bad enough shard I usually jump shards instead of waiting.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-01-17 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I have absolutely no sympathy for the Horde here. I got told for months to turn it off when I was grossly outnumbered and getting wrecked left and right. The Alliance collectively gave up and let the Horde have their uncontested 10% boost.

Now all the same people that insisted at every turn that we disable Warmode and never look back are wondering why there aren't enough of us using it to even out the numbers. Truly, a mystery for the ages.

You still have the fancy BFA mounts, the story involvement, a promised plot line to explain your faction's inclusion in the coming raids (which we never got for Uldir) working animations on your Season one mount (RIP Vicious Riverbeast), a mount quest that the Alliance has no equal to, and more players to group up with for content / recruit for your guilds. You don't get mocked at Blizzcon. You didn't spend 100k for your Azeroth Chopper. You get to buddy up with your faction's leaders and aid them against each other while the Alliance next patch gets to pick a name for a boat.

Alliance has this one thing going for us and it's the end of the world here, on the official forums, and the WoW subreddit. I look forward to continuing to mow you guys down every time an Assault crops up. And if you don't like it: Turn it off. I keep hearing that's good advice.
    So both sides are dying in droves is what I'm getting. The point isn't crying about warmode and current density of alliance. The point is that now that both sides are being camped..why is the 30% buff only active for the Alliance? Warmode being displeasurable for you in the past justifies the buff? hm. you have a very vindictive viewpoint on what 'fair' is.

Given that the reason for the buff was supposedly compensation for wasted time rather than a "bonus" to incentivise players to pvp, I feel the added bonus for the lowest faction is entirely pointless at this point.

Blizzard already stated they've made it so whenever there's a dominant faction in Warmode, the non-dominant faction will only find themselves in shards balanced around a 50/50 split. Meanwhile the remaining players on the dominant faction will find themselves in shards devoid of enemy players. What supposed disadvantage justifies that the non-dominant faction receives additional "compensation" rewards then? They won't ever find themselves at any discernible disadvantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

OP is either just lying or out of touch.

There is still a big difference in warmode participation, and I'm not talking about max level or actual pvp.
    Past couple of weeks/months I've been leveling alts, some because of allied races some because exploring other realms.
    If I play a Horde character I could play all day with warmode on and maybe get attacked/ganked by a high level once maybe twice a day. If I play an Alliance character you get attacked/ganked every 15 minutes. I've just made a habit of only turning on warmode playing alliance if I happen to play during nighttime hours when there's barely people around. And this also happens on realms that are supposed to be Alliance heavy.

You want the buff balanced? Get all those oh so honorable Hordies to stop mass griefing as a start.
    Last edited by Varjo410; 2019-01-17 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynreve View Post
    No idea why they didn't make it 30% for both factions. I mean the problem with warmode is that the 10% wasn't motivating enough, so the Horde wanted to do pvp while the Alliance didn't and also didn't find the 10% worth the hassle of putting up with a sea of red text.

The Alliance wouldn't lose interest again if the Horde also gets the 30%, and the Horde wouldn't now be pushed out of warmode by a sea of Alliance while now the Horde doesn't see the point in the 10%.

But a 30% for both would have solved everything. But no, as usual, Blizzard just can't do it right.

Your post has fallen due to a logical fallacy. If there was a "sea of Alliance" as you put it, then Alliance would not have the 30%, as there would now be more Alliance than Horde.

Your point and post do not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    World PvP is fun as hell (especially when it's not zergs). Love a good 3v3 out in nature.

Who gives a shit what the other faction gets?

This is like... being mad that the guy over there playing tetris gets a free slice of pizza for playing tetris and you get nothing.

If you need rewards to play a video game, then... I can't really help you.
    Dude why does he get a pizza and I don't? Is it because I'm green?

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    I had WM on with my first 4 120 toons and had it on my 5th until hitting 120.

Whatever, I just keep it off and go about gathering my welfare epics.
    System is BS though.
    Wasn't this what the Alliance experience initially? So now the system is BS?

Regardless, I think it would be hard for factions to be balanced and one will always have the upper hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's getting a little boring stomping all over the Horde now, but I can't lie. The whining just puts a smile on my face.

I don't think there's any way to truly balance Warmode, but at least the Horde gets to experience what many Alliance players experienced at the start of BFA. Hopefully they figure something out but in the meantime I'm collecting all the Horde tears to sweeten up my tea with.

It's a failure, like everything else added in BfA. Current devs have never played WoW and we can see it in their way of "fixing" things. Nearly all "fixes" are percentages up and down. They don't attack the core of the problem, they only say "hey, this train is not fast enough! Just put more and more coal on the train boiler until speed is fine".
    We can only expect the disaster with a team like this.
    Sorry for my english!