Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    i will talk about them "learning" anything
    Oh yea they brought in new translators and editors familiar with the work because they didn't learn anything

And sorry but if a localization is bad in a JRPG it's as unplayable as anything. There is literally no point in playing YS if the localization is bad, there are much better action combat systems out there if all you care about is the gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    While each arc ties into a larger narrative, each arc ultimately tells its own story with a beginning, middle, and end.

You can play each arc without having played the last game. The Crossbell games have maybe half an hour of cameos from the Sky arc over the course of 100 hours.

A couple characters from Sky appears in CS1+2 as background characters.

CS3+4 brings back characters from Crossbell and Sky as supporting characters, but the focus is on the protagonists native to the CS arc. Also, if you've played FC, you'll be pleasantly surprised to see a core theme of that game come back in CS4.

Obviously, there is enjoyment to be had in seeing how the world and its characters change over the course of the games, but if you want to play a specific game, then go right ahead.
    If you think CS3 is as self contained as CS 1 and 2 you're in for a rude awakening when you play it. In fact I have suggested people to play CS 1 and 2 without playing the series. Wouldn't say the same for CS3 at all.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-18 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh yea they brought in new translators and editors familiar with the work because they didn't learn anything

And sorry but if a localization is bad in a JRPG it's as unplayable as anything. There is literally no point in playing YS if the localization is bad, there are much better action combat systems out there if all you care about is the gameplay.
    People come and go, McDonals hires and fires and yet you don't see any huge improvement. What really matters is company policy, and thats where Nisa struggles the most.

People come and go, McDonals hires and fires and yet you don't see any huge improvement. What really matters is company policy, and thats where Nisa struggles the most.
    Which company policies are you referring to exactly?

This statement reeeks of "I have no idea what I'm talking about". Unless you can provide evidence to these supposed "company policies" that NISA struggles with.

The fact you seem to think NISA doesn't care about the project when they brought on 3 new hires for a niche ass game that's gonna sell 100k copies is astonishing. They could have literally did jack shit, still released it, promise a shit PC port day and date and what are they honestly going to lose? 10k sales? The majority of people don't give a shit, if this move doesn't show you they learned and care then you're just cynical for the sake of it. We're talking a company that localizes games that sell in the 10-100k copy range in the west and you're sitting here acting like they're EA with some massive "company policies" hindering translation, editorial and porting work lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-19 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which company policies are you referring to exactly?

This statement reeeks of "I have no idea what I'm talking about". Unless you can provide evidence to these supposed "company policies" that NISA struggles with.

The fact you seem to think NISA doesn't care about the project when they brought on 3 new hires for a niche ass game that's gonna sell 100k copies is astonishing. They could have literally did jack shit, still released it, promise a shit PC port day and date and what are they honestly going to lose? 10k sales? The majority of people don't give a shit, if this move doesn't show you they learned and care then you're just cynical for the sake of it. We're talking a company that localizes games that sell in the 10-100k copy range in the west and you're sitting here acting like they're EA with some massive "company policies" hindering translation, editorial and porting work lmao.
    Are we doing the bethesda excuse ?

Im talking about "policies" like putting the game on pre-order way too early, horrible communication with players, and even when finally releasing it after numerous delays almost 1 year later the game was barely playable. Aka policy of not giving a fuck - people who gonna buy it will buy it.

Also, how exactly is company hiring new people some kind of redeeming move ? Companies do that all the time. I really applaud your faith in people if you believe that.

Are we doing the bethesda excuse ?

Im talking about "policies" like putting the game on pre-order way too early, horrible communication with players, and even when finally releasing it after numerous delays almost 1 year later the game was barely playable. Aka policy of not giving a fuck - people who gonna buy it will buy it.

Also, how exactly is company hiring new people some kind of redeeming move ? Companies do that all the time. I really applaud your faith in people if you believe that.
    I'm still waiting on you to cite and prove their company policies. You claimed they have some set in stone company policies holding them back what are they and care to prove them?

Also redeem what? They don't need to redeem shit to me, I actually gave a fuck about YS in general. I won't even play the localized version and have no reason to care. I'm just pointing out your absurd cynical criticism(to the point where you make up "company policies" in your head) over something that have actively tried to fix, again if they didn't give a shit as you claim they could have simply hired no one and niche game still sells niche numbers and no one gives a shit that a few anime avatars complain on the internet.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-19 at 07:23 PM.

And here I am just sitting here giggling over "Trials of Cold Steel" and "The Legacy of Heroes" mistakes from their marketing people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting on you to cite and prove their company policies. You claimed they have some set in stone company policies holding them back what are they and care to prove them?

Also redeem what? They don't need to redeem shit to me, I actually gave a fuck about YS in general. I won't even play the localized version and have no reason to care. I'm just pointing out your absurd cynical criticism(to the point where you make up "company policies" in your head) over something that have actively tried to fix, again if they didn't give a shit as you claim they could have simply hired no one and niche game still sells niche numbers and no one gives a shit that a few anime avatars complain on the internet.
    Here is one of policies they DON'T have - not releasing shitty ports. Here is another one they lack - having any form of communication with customers.

And for someone not caring/not affected by any of this you sure argue alot. As for trying to fix, perhaps they should try harder because as for recent steam sale the issues are still here. And YS is still on amazing 61% positive reviews on steam. For port issues alone.

And i love how you make it look almost as if they were charity doing this for us, from the bottom of their good hearts. People are cynical about them because NISA has long history of bad translations, delays and half assed ports. And YS failure was a little too big of a "opsie" to not be worried about CS3 PC port (or if it even happens).

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is one of policies they DON'T have - not releasing shitty ports. Here is another one they lack - having any form of communication with customers.

And for someone not caring/not affected by any of this you sure argue alot. As for trying to fix, perhaps they should try harder because as for recent steam sale the issues are still here. And YS is still on amazing 61% positive reviews on steam. For port issues alone.

And i love how you make it look almost as if they were charity doing this for us, from the bottom of their good hearts. People are cynical about them because NISA has long history of bad translations, delays and half assed ports. And YS failure was a little too big of a "opsie" to not be worried about CS3 PC port (or if it even happens).
    Dont forget some of their games overheating ps3s or crashing because they forgot to translate something lol.

Here is one of policies they DON'T have
    You still dying on this hill?

If so gonna need to see some proof of their "company policies".

The most important question here is: will we get jap voices?

10+ Year Old Account
    You still dying on this hill?

If so gonna need to see some proof of their "company policies".
    I don't need a proof, there are more than enough examples of their incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    The most important question here is: will we get jap voices?
    Falcom didn't let XSeed use them, so probably won't here either.

To be fair the Japanese voice track is nothing special and I actually like the english one in 1 and 2 better anyways. Brittany is in charge of the VAing again here so it will probably be good as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need a proof
    Ah yes, the internet when asked to prove claims there is no need to back it up.

Also for the record the only localizations I have played from NISA in the last 5 years is Demon Gaze 1 and 2 and both where excellent so if you want to cite their fuck ups as "evidence" I can easily cite these as great. That's how anecdotal works.

Falcom didn't let XSeed use them, so probably won't here either.

To be fair the Japanese voice track is nothing special and I actually like the english one in 1 and 2 better anyways. Brittany is in charge of the VAing again here so it will probably be good as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also for the record the only localizations I have played from NISA in the last 5 years is Demon Gaze 1 and 2 and both where excellent so if you want to cite their fuck ups as "evidence" I can easily cite these as great. That's how anecdotal works.
    We got the japanese voices for the pc versions officially.

10+ Year Old Account

Well if you want some examples you can have infamous translations of neptunia games in west release that were so bad they made IF go for self publishing do them all over again, and sever ties with nisa.

And if you want shitty ports (because NISA is yet to understand that there are more than 1 PC setup) than YS and Labirynth of refrain, would be examples of "crashes every cutscene if you are unlucky".

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And here I am just sitting here giggling over "Trials of Cold Steel" and "The Legacy of Heroes" mistakes from their marketing people.
    Wait did this really happen? I thought it was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Wait did this really happen? I thought it was a joke
    Yes. Initial tweet has "#TrialsofColdSteellll" (which lower case L's, amusingly) and their Power Point deck for their panel had "The Legacy of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel" on one of the slides.

Amusing mistakes from the marketing team rather than the localization team, but still good for all kinds of jokes at their expense in light of Ys VIII. Even if they picked up a bunch of XS staff on contract for this one so it's much more likely we'll get a pretty solid localization of the script at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    We got the japanese voices for the pc versions officially.
    Oh in November it looks like? Falcom must have changed their stance on that then. They'll probably let NISA use them as well eventually then.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-20 at 09:21 PM.

As long as 3 is not as repetitive as ToCS 2. Here's the next story segment, pick up 1-2 new/old friends, battle through, maybe do some side quests and hidden goodies, battle the bad guy of this chapter and just as you beat him he goes 'But wait, this is not my real strength' and an NPC has to step in to save your ass.
    and that went on like that for 3-4 chapters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    As long as 3 is not as repetitive as ToCS 2. Here's the next story segment, pick up 1-2 new/old friends, battle through, maybe do some side quests and hidden goodies, battle the bad guy of this chapter and just as you beat him he goes 'But wait, this is not my real strength' and an NPC has to step in to save your ass.
    3 is more like 1 in this regard.

Unfortunately 4 is again more like 2 in this regard from what I hear(but I haven't actually played 4 yet so can't confirm).

Honestly hope they go back to 2 game series, 4 was too much and 2(and apparently 4 as well) suffered because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Ive heard the third is comparable to the first game, which certainly is a shame sine its the weakest game in the entire loh series.