10+ Year Old Account
    My only real issue with dubs is that comedy just doesn't translate. So much of humor is in the delivery and japanese and english are just such different languages that even if the english actor tries to mimic the tone and timing of the original it just doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dubs always feel so lifeless to me as well. It's like they're afraid to make noises or yell or cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    You're not going to make me like garbage, the voices don't fit the characters, the english voice actors don't express the emotions as well as the originals and it just sounds so out of place apart from being simply ugly that it makes me wonder if they're having to work on some budget studio with mediocre audio mixing.

There's literally no reason to watch anything on a dub that isn't the original. Which holds true for american films/series too. The original is always better regardless of language, and unless you're unable to read subtitles why the hell would you choose something worse? Makes no sense.

Even if you ignore that it's objectively worse, you still have unsynchronised lip movement which is hilariously immersion killing.
    Oh look, it's the same, 20-year-old outdated arguments yet again. Seriously, you could not be more cliched unless you said that Cowboy Bebop is the one good dub. But good on you for calling an entire industry bad at their job. I really don't get it. Whenever someone mentions a voice actor, you don't see me responding with "ew, Japanese voices". But the moment anyone says the word "dub", it sends everyone into a spiral of hate. Not only are they not detracting anything from your enjoyment, but no one is telling you you're only allowed to watch it in English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh look, it's the same, 20-year-old outdated arguments yet again. Seriously, you could not be more cliched unless you said that Cowboy Bebop is the one good dub. But good on you for calling an entire industry bad at their job. I really don't get it. Whenever someone mentions a voice actor, you don't see me responding with "ew, Japanese voices". But the moment anyone says the word "dub", it sends everyone into a spiral of hate. Not only are they not detracting anything from your enjoyment, but no one is telling you you're only allowed to watch it in English.
    And the same argument could be made that someone disliking dubs doesn't detract from your enjoyment of them either. No one is telling you you're not allowed to watch it in English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    And the same argument could be made that someone disliking dubs doesn't detract from your enjoyment of them either. No one is telling you you're not allowed to watch it in English.
    The constant harrassment by people here does make it so nobody can discuss them, so yeah, it kinda does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good dubs are rare.
    And this is defendly bad:

But i know a cure:

10+ Year Old Account
    I maintain that I would totally watch Aussie dubs.

Its not that i hate dubs, some can be pretty good. With the Kono suba dub i feel that it lost its charm.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dub voices aren't really a problem for me unless they just sound miscast. , I have a bigger problem with the dub scripts going too liberal or literal at times (which entirely depends on who is doing the dub) and not matching mouthflaps.
    And granted nowadays my majority of anime from the last few years is music and sol/comedy and the former is just really grating to watch dubbed when you go back to the original voices whenever there is a song.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

The constant harrassment by people here does make it so nobody can discuss them, so yeah, it kinda does.
    you really don't realize most people are just bsing with you and don't really care? the only thing anyone finds really offensive is that guy who downloads the rips off illegal streaming sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0d676e2bcd1c0d89aec804a3012f7389/tumblr_pljdejCzrt1thzx08o1_540.gif[IMG]
    pls no more teasing with yoshino. I need to get caught up but watching a movie is hard enough with my attention span and barely watching any anime lately.

broly movie was good

shield hero ep 2 was a lot better than the cringefest of the first ep

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    pls no more teasing with yoshino. I need to get caught up but watching a movie is hard enough with my attention span and barely watching any anime lately.
    rest in pepperinos

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Shit posting. Shit posting never changes.

Cant we all get along and appreciate Thighs?

I think we can all appreciate thighs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Cant we all get along and appreciate Thighs?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Why would you threaten someone with a gun?

Mysteria Friends - episode 1

First episode aired yesterday. It's the only new show this season that I'm interested in, mainly because it gives me more of what I want: Ann, Grea, Hanna, Owen, William, and Ms. Miranda hanging out. If you love the characters like I do, then this will be fun. The background art is great, but the character art feels barebones. Okay animation. If you're not already attached to the characters, this is going to appear as generic SoL/magic highschool trash to anyone else.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-01-23 at 12:14 AM.