Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise there is a big list of people who can kill Nathanos with ease. He is nothing but a undead ranger. Arrows, traps, and poison will only get you so far. In game he is laced with so much plot armor that it's congealed into a stick that's been placed into his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    LFMAO It's a good thing I didn't watch it.

It explains a lot now.

I'm afraid for WC3 now.

They'll also give more spotlight to Sylvanas and Jaina.

I don't hate them but I had enough of them in WoW.

I hope that guy isn't on WC3.
    That Live Developer thing was actually the last straw to make me unsub. I guess they accomplished their mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    That Live Developer thing was actually the last straw to make me unsub. I guess they accomplished their mission.
    damn, they broke you

I only still play because of my friend.

this faction lore is not interesting to me.

only this part where b*** man stood up to heavily amped Tyrande and Malfurion just because he was empowered by two Valkyr's (which makes no sense) whose main ability is to resurrect people .
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2019-02-09 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    The main purpose of Darkshore event was just a weak plot to keep the night elf fans playing this game. However even in that scenario Sylvanas fanboy cancers like Danuser didn't waste time to pollute the story with their fanboyism.
    Didn't work on me Only did the War of Thorns once, never set foot the Darkshore "mascara" scenario. It is nothing but an insult to nelf players, that's what it is (to me). Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    damn, they broke you
    Did you watch that machinima? that's more like the vengeance the nelves need

Did you watch that machinima? that's more like the vengeance the nelves need

LoL that's better than anything in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I don't think Nathanos could really beat any of the faction leaders apart from Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    it's called being a plot-armored self-insert character for one of the writers.
    aka mary sue character

i think the ultimate problem with the darkshore scenario is that blizzard's writers are newer and probably not actual writers in most cases.

the team comes up with a situation they think would be cool, they go through designing it, then they hit a wall where "oh wait, we need this guy for this later plotline" and where they lack writer skill, their answer is "well, just have him leave the fight, that'll be fine".

they don't grasp that this is horrifically immersion breaking, that they've just put this person up against a demi-god that could smite them with a wave of her hand. they think it's ok to just have them casually stroll away from the fight, that that looks like an ok thing.

as for nathanos vs. tyrande in lore, tyrande would kill him literally instantly.

She could and she did...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's not really a characterization issue. The races being hiveminds with some exceptions is a given. The Forsaken actually have a decently robust cast, especially compared to how dire the tauren are with having only Baine and Hamuul or the Darkspear having Rokhan and Gadrin, it's just that they don't see much use. That and Blizzard are lazy. Rather than making Belmont, Faranell or Lydon Warfront commanders, we have Sira whining to us about how life is pain. Why? It's not because they don't remember them, they're there. It's because if Sira is a zombie, then they can mirror the boss fight with Maiev.

The real issue is much more basic and much easier to solve by people who can't write for shit. Personal power. There are no Forsaken other than Sylvanas who have a chance against Tyrande or Malf. Tyrande didn't need even more of a power boost. So they either need to buff some up or, what would have been better, have it be something like Maiev vs Nathanos, since they're closer to the same power level. Or you know, the best option, which was to have Tyrande kill Nathanos and have him later raised at the cost of a Val'kyr. It gives the Alliance a win, has the same end result, since the two bints can be raised earlier on and it allows Sylvanas a modicum of depth by giving some of her lifeline away to save her boytoy.
    That's more or less what I was going for, yeah.

And if we got more Belmont, instead of Edgy Tim, I'd be down.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

aka mary sue character
    not always, but in this case yes.
    mary sue/marty stu is typically a character whom the plot shifts around outside of the protag, antag, and established cast.
    the character in question has no faults and makes no mistakes, and even if they do they'll reveal they-were-right-all-along to erase the mistakes.

it's a square/rectangle type thing, self-inserts are often mary sues, but then there are some people who rain anvils on their self-insert and have the main characters rescue the self-insert, then the character is just a writer mouth-piece.

I see what you did OP.

OT: Nathanos probably survived because Tyrande isn't used to her new powers yet, Illidan took some years to "digest" the power of the skull of guldan
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Isn't Nathanos basically just a undead dude who's cunning and really good with a bow??

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    OT: Nathanos probably survived because Tyrande isn't used to her new powers yet, Illidan took some years to "digest" the power of the skull of guldan
    He killed Tichondrius immediately.

Nathanos faced two OP characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    not always, but in this case yes.
    mary sue/marty stu is typically a character whom the plot shifts around outside of the protag, antag, and established cast.
    the character in question has no faults and makes no mistakes, and even if they do they'll reveal they-were-right-all-along to erase the mistakes.

it's a square/rectangle type thing, self-inserts are often mary sues, but then there are some people who rain anvils on their self-insert and have the main characters rescue the self-insert, then the character is just a writer mouth-piece.
    Found a nice explanation for mary sue character, I believe multiple points apply to Nathanos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcXVGIi1m28

Found a nice explanation for mary sue character, I believe multiple points apply to Nathanos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcXVGIi1m28
    There was no statistical anaylze and he gave superman a pass for some reason. That video is the defintion of circle jerking/bandwaggoning.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's literally stated.
    They don't NEED to accomplish anything at that point.
    You're flat out told "Hey these are the last 9 Val'kyr made by the Lich King. That makes them stronger and they're the only ones that are able to bring back Sylvanas if she dies again".

I don't know what more you want. She killed one, that doesn't mean TWO with the Horde champion isn't enough to at least delay her, which is what happened.
    Technically the Alliance champion was there as well, the two cancel each other out and become an irrelevant point, same for the time when Sylvanas met Malf.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Yes, easily. Without sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Technically the Alliance champion was there as well, the two cancel each other out and become an irrelevant point, same for the time when Sylvanas met Malf.
    I think that there wasn't any heroes/champions in the Sylvanas vs Malf situation. The most canon version of this fight is in the short novel.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I see what you did OP.

yes, blizzard can always explain "minor" things like that like showing the characters struggling to control their powers or just getting out of stanima pretty quickly.

blizzard could easily have said "i could not control my emotion and elune''s power was too much to handle, that is why i wasn't able to finish nathanos"

that still doesn't explain why he escaped friking malfurion. the guy who is know for his entangled roots. and probably strongest mortal alive.