Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    A bit of news slipping through the cracks.

Stone is asking for a different judge. Right now, he faces the same judge Mueller is using for everything else. Stone is claiming his lying to Congress, witness tampering, and obstruction of justice charges are not related, and therefore, he should get a separate judge/trial/location/whatever.

Mueller disagrees, and says the case is linked to the indicted Russians who attacked the election.

That's right: Stone is being accused of working directly with the Russians to attack the election. Now, we basically knew that, there are just on-record court filings that back that up.

If Stone cannot get a change of judge or venue, he's going to face a judge who already knows what trouble Stone intentionally got himself into. He might immediately change his plea.
    Why are these people so "smart" to do all this illegal shit for years suddenly become pants on head retarded the moment they're in front of a judge?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Why are these people so "smart" to do all this illegal shit for years suddenly become pants on head retarded the moment they're in front of a judge?
    Oh no. Don't misread this move by Stone and his team. Just because he has no chance in hell of claiming his case is unrelated doesn't mean it's not worth trying. If he stays, he's fucked. This is very likely not the only motion he's filing, either. A drowning man, whether they know how to swim or not, is going to move their arms a lot before the current sucks them under.

Oh no. Don't misread this move by Stone and his team. Just because he has no chance in hell of claiming his case is unrelated doesn't mean it's not worth trying. If he stays, he's fucked. This is very likely not the only motion he's filing, either. A drowning man, whether they know how to swim or not, is going to move their arms a lot before the current sucks them under.
    Every day he delays a sentence is another day he spends free. I'm going to expect plenty of what a lay person would call frivolous motions (though likely not bad enough to be actually censored as actual frivolous motions).

Edit: Also, mueller is submitting manafort's virginia sentencing recommendation today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Also, mueller is submitting manafort's virginia sentencing recommendation today.
    Ah, the "new and improved" one? That's going to be interesting. Here's more info for those interested:

The filing will be the first opportunity for the Special Counsel's Office to summarize the criminal activity Manafort engaged in, the remorse he's shown and the help he gave them, if any.

It will also be the first time the Mueller team is likely to give an exact number of how long they believe Manafort's prison sentence should be.
    and

Manafort is likely to be sentenced in the Washington case first, which is set for March 13. His sentencing recommendation in the Washington case won't come in until next Friday. The prosecution team has notified Judge T.S. Elliot about the finding that Manafort broke his plea deal in that case.

It's unknown whether...
    Wait, that can't be right. (checks source) Sorry, that's T. S. Ellis. My bad.

...whether Manafort's Washington sentencing recommendation will spell out what happened during his cooperation or if it will touch on his additional crimes outside of the financial trial.

Wait, that can't be right. (checks source) Sorry, that's T. S. Ellis. My bad.
    Problem with your Memory? Mr. Mistoffelees can help with that...

Judge to Roger Stone: Shut the fuck up!

"Counsel for the parties and the witnesses must refrain from making statements to the media or in public settings that pose a substantial likelihood of material prejudice to this case," Judge Amy Berman Jackson wrote.

They are also not allowed to speak in and around the courthouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Even the Press Secretary is being questioned
    Wow. I hope she's evaluating her life choices very carefully right now. First the "clarification" of Trump's "I didn't need to do this", now this? No wonder The New Guy left. This job is porpoise vomit.

Wow. I hope she's evaluating her life choices very carefully right now. First the "clarification" of Trump's "I didn't need to do this", now this? No wonder The New Guy left. This job is porpoise vomit.
    Now this would be hilarious to have her getting arrested for lying to him as well. I honestly wonder if she is that sad of a person given how brazenly and knowingly lied to the nation repeatedly.

Of all people, she HAS to know, there won't be no pardon coming if she does.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Now this would be hilarious to have her getting arrested for lying to him as well.
    She's not that stupid. More importantly, she has an ironclad defense:
    A) "This is what Trump told me."
    B) "I wasn't told anything about that."

Honestly (har!) I don't think she could have committed a crime here. She's not the ringleader of this circus. She's not even one of the clowns. She's a ticket vendor, tops.

She's not that stupid. More importantly, she has an ironclad defense:
    A) "This is what Trump told me."
    B) "I wasn't told anything about that."

Honestly (har!) I don't think she could have committed a crime here. She's not the ringleader of this circus. She's not even one of the clowns. She's a ticket vendor, tops.
    True enough, I don't think she knows too much, but she knows enough to know she is lying as evidenced by how she reacts to many things.

My personal favorites was the look she gave when a little girl asked her a question and she knew she had to lie to her face on camera and one time when she made a slip up and let us know one of Trumps nicknames when she messed and called him "President Chirp", guessing referencing his twitter addiction.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    @Breccia got it dead on imo. Stone's legal team is going to do what in legal terms is "throw the kitchen sink" at the prosecution. They will argue every motion, every charge, make every objection possible. Because hopefully, since their client is stone cold guilty, one of their motions will work and their client will get off on a technicality. It's what every good legal team does - it just doesn't happen with every defendant because they can't afford it. The defense is burying the prosecution with paperwork right now.

10+ Year Old Account

Stone is asking for a different judge. Right now, he faces the same judge Mueller is using for everything else. Stone is claiming his lying to Congress, witness tampering, and obstruction of justice charges are not related, and therefore, he should get a separate judge/trial/location/whatever.

Mueller disagrees, and says the case is linked to the indicted Russians who attacked the election.

That's right: Stone is being accused of working directly with the Russians to attack the election. Now, we basically knew that, there are just on-record court filings that back that up.

If Stone cannot get a change of judge or venue, he's going to face a judge who already knows what trouble Stone intentionally got himself into. He might immediately change his plea.
    Mueller should offer to let him get Judge Emmet Sullivan, the judge that asked if Flynn could be charged with treason

Thanks to stone asking for a change of courts, we know mueller has evidence on stone:

The filing goes on to say that stone was also communicating with "organization 1" aka wikileaks.
    Word is Mueller has direct communications between Stone and Wikileaks. Ruh roh Roger!
    Yeah, I linked the filing that "word" is coming from.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2019-02-15 at 11:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Word is Mueller has direct communications between Stone and Wikileaks. Ruh roh Roger!
    before the end, the Trump Campaign will have supposedly been Trump, his wife and kids, and a legion of coffee people

Manaforts recommended sentence: 19-24 years.

Now that's...a damn shame...*chuckles evilly*

Even the Press Secretary is being questioned. https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ers-report?amp

I wonder if the special council investigators were willing to accept her non-answers like they force the press to.
    Sounding more and more like obstruction. The most likely thing I can see them asking her is what Trump told her to tell the press/public in an effort to obstruct the investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    AKA "die in prison". Roger Stone is 66, which is bad for his possible sentence, but Paul Manafort is 69. Even with good behavior, he'd be 81 before glancing at those doors.

10+ Year Old Account
    AKA "die in prison". Roger Stone is 66, which is bad for his possible sentence, but Paul Manafort is 69. Even with good behavior, he'd be 81 before glancing at those doors.
    That's only for Manafort's the first set of charges isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    That's only for Manafort's the first set of charges isn't it?
    Seems to be the case. His other sentencing is actually waiting until this sentencing, possibly because Manafort might have gotten off lighter if he'd cooperated.

Whoops.

Manafort was found guilty of 8 crimes in August. There was a hung jury on the other 10 because of a member of the rabid fanbase who thought the trial was a witch hunt. I know of no action on those 10 charges.