Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    People like that, like #arandomuser here, don't care about the victims of hate crimes. They care about scoring points against their political boogeymen. There are posters here from the left and the right that suffer from that. Like #arandomuser, they don't give a single fuck about actual victims, they just want stories to dunk on their opponents with. Why do you think he shit all over the thread once his narrative completely fell apart?
    oh just like the gop cared so much about the deficit and debt right?

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    oh just like the gop cared so much about the deficit and debt right?
    Again, I'm not an American, so the what with the who now? How does the GOP connect to this buffoon probably faking his own assault?

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    What is your point exactly? That it's better to leap to wild conclusions that examine evidence? I'm don't understand the people on this thread.
    No... The point is that the story stunk from the very beginning and all the White Knights and virtue signalers were out in full force to defend it just because of the race and politcal leanings of the allegedly involved perps. There was zero evidence besides a mans word, but you seem to have had no issue accepting that as fact?

Regardless, hopefully this fiasco stops someone else from being a dipshit like Jussie and we can fix the deeper issues in our country without idiots like this trying to cause more division.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Again, I'm not an American, so the what with the who now? How does the GOP connect to this buffoon probably faking his own assault?
    You are making claims about the left, assuming the right wing is saintlike and im just trying to dispel these myths.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lol, tell me more about how that works...

I still think that a good percentage of people who dismissed the story out of hand did so due to some latent racism. The story was not so unbelievable at the outset,especially if he had been targeted and followed.
    Lolwut? If you weren’t very skeptical about a story that two white, racist, homophobic, trump supporters watched Empire enough to be able to recognize Jussie at night in Chicago when it was negative degrees out, I don’t know what to say.

You are making claims about the left, assuming the right wing is saintlike and im just trying to dispel these myths.
    No, I said there are idiots on both sides that act like you do.

I need to ask. Can you read?

That's a real big stretch m8.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Lolwut? If you weren’t very skeptical about a story that two white, racist, homophobic, trump supporters watched Empire enough to be able to recognize Jussie at night in Chicago when it was negative degrees out, I don’t know what to say.
    Not only that but you'd have to believe that they planned it all out far in advance. Because they were carrying bleach and a rope for this specific attack. Then they had to stay awake all night outside in freezing temperatures waiting for him. They'd also have to have scouted the area in advance to find all the cameras. How many right leaning people even live or work in that part of a heavily left leaning town to know any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    What about defending the investigative process?

I'll wait to pass judgement until, you know, maybe a single fact is confirmed.
    Riiiight.... tell you what... I'll give it the same due process and fact investigation the Left gave it when the "story" broke.... Therefore, my conclusion: "OMFG HE LIED AND STAGED THE ENTIRE THING, STRING HIM THE FUCK UP, EVERY BLACK PERSON EVER HAS LIED ABOUT RACISM AND EVERY LGBT PERSON MAKES UP DISCRIMINATION AND EVERY BLACK PERSON OR LGBT PERSON THAT REPORTS VIOLENCE SHOULD BE ASSUMED TO BE A LIAR AND SHOULD FEEL GUILTY ABOUT THIS"

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    STRING HIM THE FUCK UP, EVERY BLACK PERSON EVER HAS LIED ABOUT RACISM AND EVERY LGBT PERSON MAKES UP DISCRIMINATION AND EVERY BLACK PERSON OR LGBT PERSON THAT REPORTS VIOLENCE SHOULD BE ASSUMED TO BE A LIAR AND SHOULD FEEL GUILTY ABOUT THIS"
    except, that is what the right is saying, none ironically.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    That's a real big stretch m8.
    I lol'd. Bravo to you.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Confirmation biases help a lot.

If he's 100% guilty of this, I hope people who "listen and believe" start adopting some healthy skepticisms.
    Honestly the whole thing seemed like a caricature of how right wingers are portrayed in left wing media. For those that don't understand, it's like someone like Rush Limbaugh saying he was assaulted by a group of black people, wearing big gold chains like rappers from the 80's used to, all yelling "this is BLM country!", in a rural community in West Virginia, before riding off on horses.

Like I think if you are somewhere in the middle, or on the right wing, you could see holes in the story pretty early on, but folks on the left actually believed this one because a lot of the media that leans left paint out conservatives to be exactly like this.
    Last edited by RickJamesLich; 2019-02-17 at 04:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Published within the last few hours. Make of this what you will.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ck/2895099002/

Gee, if only we'd waited until the police released this information in the first place, this thread could have ended 23 pages ago like the "I was stabbed by a leftist because of my Nazi haircut" one did.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Gee, if only we'd waited until the police released this information in the first place, this thread could have ended 23 pages ago like the "I was stabbed by a leftist because of my Nazi haircut" one did.
    Gee. If only that meant something after how much knee jerk over Trump's America?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    The story just seemed too good to be true which instantly raised my suspensions. I think this was the case for post people doubting it. We see plenty of stupid shit white people do towards black people daily, but just everything involved what was said the time it happened, it all just seemed off. Maybe it is because I love watching First 48, Forensic files and all those cop/detective shows, but it seemed too close to some of the made up bullshit the people on the show make up.

If it was one or two things that he described happened to him I would of been more on trusting his version, but my gut said something was off with his account and it is looking like more and more that he orchestrated the attack, which is sad because when actual hate crimes happen you will have shit heads pointing towards this case and the victim will not be believed.
    Might have been more believable if the attackers said they were from Gamergate and they're just trying to level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the police have proven or even suggested the attack was staged. What they have made clear is no part of their investigation has turned up anything to validate the claims.

That said, I personally never believed this story from the beginning. Not because it was unlikely or completely unbelievable, but he was unbelievable, his behavior and details.

First off

How do you know they were targeting you and how could they have known or suspecting anything about you, from randomly following you on the street?

If this is a hate group, and I am perfectly willing to believe they are why you all of a sudden and why no others reports of similar actions

If a couple of people attacked you because you are gay, they were wearing MAGA hats, and decided to put a noose around your head, well then why wouldn't they simply finish the job?

If they already went through all that trouble, that seems like a pretty stupid thing to do with little or no payoff for them.

I ask these questions because I honestly don't know the answers from what has been reported, I also think redacting text or any information that could help the police is suspicious.

I am willing to believe this man was a victim, I am willing to believe it happened because he is gay and black, I am for sure willing to believe it could have been guys in MAGAHATS

But I am not going to believe any of that without proof, which isn't to say the guy is lying, that requires proving also.

My opinion now is he made it up, and the details of what did happen are embracing, so it's much better to explained what happened to him the way he did. Seems less about justice or finding those responsible, and more about having a story, for some reason not yet obvious.

He is already famous, I am sure he has money, I don't see him as an advocate of activist of any kind, as I said I think something did happen and this was his best way to try to explain it, hoping it was fade away.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Gee. If only that meant something after how much knee jerk over Trump's America?
    What does that even mean? Trump is a shitty president who says shitty things. No idea how the reaction to his constant stream of shit is "knee jerk." It's more like a marathon at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What does that even mean? Trump is a shitty president who says shitty things. No idea how the reaction to his constant stream of shit is "knee jerk." It's more like a marathon at this point.
    There was no waiting for an investigation when people were desperately seeking the white dudes who absolutely existed. So, now this is just sour grapes from the people mad they backed someone who staged their own assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I still think that a good percentage of people who dismissed the story out of hand did so due to some latent racism.
    Don't you guys ever get tired of seeing evil everywhere? It's almost like a sickness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based