Page 24 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Speaking of this event, what happen to that one musician who offered an autographed collection of his cds for someone to punch these kids, I forget the name.
    On topic I kinda want these kids to sue successfully to atleast teach the media to fact check before they rush out shit likes this.
    Considering they did, I don't know what you are complaining about. They updated their stories as new information became available since the longer videos weren't available for days after the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    That's a good way to look even more retarded considered because of the mainly the washington post and cnn the students and families of covington were fearing for their lifes from death threats over the coverage.

TLDR:
    Leftist's are unhinged and violent
    Funny when the Right has committed more murders and mass murders in the past 2 years than the Left has in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Funny when the Right has committed more murders and mass murders in the past 2 years than the Left has in the past decade.
    Closer to the past 4 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

How they did that ? You mean that the people made mean comments about the teens ? Do you really want to go on Breitbart and see lunatic screaming that they have big Glocks ?

Few thing amaze me by the thin-skinned nature of MAGAboys who keep droning ''FAKTS BEFORE FEELINGS'' while mentally collapsing at the first insult.
    I think national news outlets trying to slander a group of unknown teens is a bit further than "FAKTS BEFORE FEELINGS". A lot of these teens and their families received death threats lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I think national news outlets trying to slander a group of unknown teens is a bit further than "FAKTS BEFORE FEELINGS". A lot of these teens and their families received death threats lol.
    NOT from the news network itself. Left wing outlets and people receive death threats all the time. Hell they were mailed fucking bombs. You don't see them yelling and screaming and suing the president for his "Enemy of the People" bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It still amazes me people still engage in discussions with Mall Security (or whatever the fuck he calls himself nowadays), Machismo, or sarahtasher...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    NOT from the news network itself. Left wing outlets and people receive death threats all the time. Hell they were mailed fucking bombs. You don't see them yelling and screaming and suing the president for his "Enemy of the People" bullshit.
    Yeah sure, the news networks didn't send the threats themselves, they just spread the lies that lead to those death threats. If they had done their actual jobs and reported the facts, instead of fabricating the articles by cutting the parts of the video that not only didn't match their narrative, but serve to disprove it, they wouldn't be in this situation now. Neither them or the kids in the video.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2019-03-11 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Yeah sure, the news networks didn't send the threats themselves, they just spread the lies that lead to those death threats. If they had done their actual jobs and reported the facts, instead of fabricating the articles by cutting the parts of the video that not only didn't match their narrative, but serve to disprove it, they wouldn't be in this situation now. Neither them or the kids in the video.
    Did CNN / Washington Post cut the original video? No. They were working with the information they had at the time. Which is why they issue corrections and updates later. And even apologies. It happens.

Now if only we could get Faux News to stop fronting conspiracy theory bullshit that would be nice. Have they ever issued corrections?

15+ Year Old Account
    These lawsuits are making the kid look bad.

*sues WaPo and CNN*

Nothing racist or bigoted going on here!

Yeah, right mate.

I actually had some sympathy for the kid until he started this nonsense.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    These lawsuits are making the kid look bad.

*sues WaPo and CNN*

Nothing racist or bigoted going on here!

Yeah, right mate.

I actually had some sympathy for the kid until he started this nonsense.
    Are you saying that CNN and Washington Posts embody certain races?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    One more time for the road, after this you are on ignore - The government is a tool. Nothing would happen without the private party.
    Enjoy your stay on MMO-Champion!
    Ah yes - the old "I'm wrong so I will get the last laugh and then put you on ignore, smugly" tactic. Commonly used by you and other weak willed people that can't come to terms with being incorrect.

The only way I see this kid ever getting any money is if any of these cases somehow get past dismissal (unlikely), and billing hours are high enough for CNN or WaPo to just make the kid go away and save money.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    One more time for the road, after this you are on ignore - The government is a tool. Nothing would happen without the private party.
    Let me ask you a question that you'll ignore. Government is 100% involved. No private party could initiate an action or expect a result without the government allowing it.

I get that your point is that it wouldn't happen unless a private citizen initiated the action, but the private citizen couldn't do initiate it - couldn't even contemplate it - unless the government had already laid down the framework for the suit. I know you're going to say that is your point - the government is the tool the private citizen uses, therefore it can't happen without the private citizen initiating it. The tool analogy.

But the analogy is too simple for this discussion. We're talking about mechanisms for restricting speech. Only the government can do that, period. Therefore, any action that restricts speech - either private or public - has to come from the government, 100% of the time. Whether they are the ones initiating the individual suit or just the process by which a private citizen does the same, without the government creating the laws, passing the laws, ruling on the laws, and ultimately enforcing the laws, the suit wouldn't exist.

Therefore it's the government ultimate action is restricting speech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Did CNN / Washington Post cut the original video? No. They were working with the information they had at the time. Which is why they issue corrections and updates later. And even apologies. It happens.

Now if only we could get Faux News to stop fronting conspiracy theory bullshit that would be nice. Have they ever issued corrections?
    Exactly. And Precisely. WaPo didn't do a good job and owned up to it, but they didn't break any laws and they reported on what they had at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

It was 6 AM in the morning, and English is not my native tongue. What I tried to convey was that nothing would happen without a private entity pushing it forward.
    Hence why I've been sticking with "government is a tool", and the private entity being the driving force.

"Why do so many people want the government to punish speech?" <-- The government wouldn't be involved in the case at all, unless a private party sued. Which was my original point.

I had like 5 people to reply to EVERY single comment. If it were just you, I'd maybe put more effort into actually having a discussion.
    Where the hell did you learn english so well? (not joking)
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-03-11 at 01:48 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Looks like Souls was right. Dunno why you are bashing him. Those teenagers shouldn't have been there in the first place.
    Why not? They shouldn't have been standing waiting for a bus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Where the hell did you learn english so well? (not joking)
    Unless I'm misremembering, Karlz0rz is Norwegian and English is a required class in schools there. I think something like 90% of Norwegians are at least bilingual.
    Last edited by Masark; 2019-03-11 at 01:52 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

All you armchair lawyers and legal experts should do some research first before regurgitating all these talking points you got from the leftist media.
    The lawyer representing the kids is an expert in libel and is rather well known. He's already gone after CBS and got a settlement out of them (google is your friend). No high powered attorney is going to take on a case like this contingent on winning/getting a favorable settlement unless they knew they had pretty damn good odds of doing so. Use your heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    All you armchair lawyers and legal experts should do some research first before regurgitating all these talking points you got from the leftist media.
    The lawyer representing the kids is an expert in libel and is rather well known. He's already gone after CBS and got a settlement out of them (google is your friend). No high powered attorney is going to take on a case like this contingent on winning/getting a favorable settlement unless they knew they had pretty damn good odds of doing so. Use your heads.
    Your kind and kin considers that a fat turd screaming that there are sex tunnels below pizzeria as not suable. Your kind and kin routinely send death threats to actresses because they are in movies your owners ordered you to hate. Your kind and kin only conception of LIBEL is ''SOMETHING I'M TOLD TO NOT LIKE BY MY HANDLER'' : you kind and kin is mentally incapable to consider that saying Trump policies sucks is not ''A LIE'' but screaming that ''OBUMER KENYSAN MOSLEM'' is a lie

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Why not? They shouldn't have been standing waiting for a bus?
    No, they shouldn't have been there in the first place. It was a school sanctioned event, from a tax exempt school since it was catholic, to protest for a political event, something the school, being a religious organization with tax exempt status that gets federal dollars, shouldn't be able to do. Just like a church can't inject itself in political things and keep their tax exempt status.

It is amazing, there are 25+ pages in here arguing about how frivolous this case is... But in reality it's pretty much textbook Defamation.
    It checks all the legal requirements easily, it even checks the box for Libel against a Public Figure, if the defendants wanted to make that their argument (foolishly as it sounds.)

And as have people shown in this thread alone, WITH LEGAL CASES, you are wrong. Amazing isn't it?

But, I already proved you to be objectively wrong, ignoring me won't change that simple fact. I even provided your own quotes that showed you arguing against your own words.

You got your ass handed to you, deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

You whine about people being armchair lawyers... then proceed to do the exact same thing.

I love the irony, thanks for the laugh.