Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I want them to not throw out sales when releasing content as a blatant and obvious cash grab, that's all I want.

- - - Updated - - -

It's called 'temptation'. You might buy X thing if it's a whole $20, but if it's got a 30% discount, suddenly it's going to be a lot more appealing. Stores around the world have done this for decades. It's why 'Black Friday' is the biggest seller of commercial goods in the west every year.
    Sorry buddy, but that's just your perception on this. At no point is a new visual skin for your character "Content". About the only content they produce for the new races are the very small chains for your armor. To say that this is content, is hilarious. Furthermore, what would you consider .... Death Knights? Demon Hunters? Pandarens. Cash grabs? YOU WANT TO BE ONE OF THESE? PAY FULL PRICE OR BOOST.

Those are worse cash grabs, because they DONT discount them. In this case, they are releasing something probably later than anyone expected since KT's were done, and in doing so they are providing a slight decrease in cost.

I think if I were to actually criticize anything related to this, I would criticize the CURRENT PRICING for all of their value services. They are all too expensive. There should be no reason why a faction change costs $30 USD, and Warcraft 3 Remastered also costs $30. And this isn't because WC3R is underpriced, it's because the value services are EXTREMELY overpriced.

We are quickly reaching the point that server doesnt matter, and the Race change is the only service that actually should cost 20-30. Everything else should be a $5-10 cost, max. Character Customizations should be $5 max, and it will mostly be used to change gender. Race change should be 7-10 max, and PCT's shouldn't even really exist. Faction change should be $20 max and bundled pricing to convert all characters on a realm for a flat fee of like 60.

That is the real travesty here. Not a sale to help new "content" (READ: PLAYERS SKINS) be easier to do, financially.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Sorry but I don’t see how this could fall under predatory. People who want the race will get them either way just how they have with every single other race release. Blizzard giving a discount isn’t going to make people flock to a race they wernt going to play to begin with.
    No, but those people probably would've just gotten those races in the free methods that are available. Like I said, it's all about temptation. You're being tempted with the thing you could've easily gotten before, but for more.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I know one mentally challenged guy, who is laughing uncontrollably on absolutely normal things. That's why..
    Who said I’m laughing uncontrollably? Btw, why would you feel bad for someone who can take so much joy out of something you find mundane? That’s someone who’s getting much more out of life than you are.
    Anyways, nice personal attack for no reason, guess you’re going on ignore as you have nothing constructive to add.

I never liked the idea of "power increase as time progress", so I'd ideally have preferred that ZG/Dire Maul/etc. gear was nerfed to be in-line with its location than artificial gating, or even that it was simply available from the get-go. I like the idea that everything is available right from the start, and that the true meaning of progression is not "did you managed to reach this boss at patch X or Y ?" but "did you manage to reach this boss, period ?".

BUT it's a pretty good evidence that the team takes Classic seriously, and it will recreate for a time how it happened in Vanilla. So I still consider it a plus, even if it's not strictly speaking my preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them to not throw out sales when releasing content as a blatant and obvious cash grab, that's all I want.

- - - Updated - - -

It's called 'temptation'. You might buy X thing if it's a whole $20, but if it's got a 30% discount, suddenly it's going to be a lot more appealing. Stores around the world have done this for decades. It's why 'Black Friday' is the biggest seller of commercial goods in the west every year.
    It's not "a lot more appealing" to anyone who already considered race changing, you're blowing shit out of proportion. Most players hold off until holiday sales for character services.

There are no "free methods" either as leveling is not the same as preserving existing characters (with bags, loot, reputation and all). At this point it's common to have alts above 100 that won't be replaced unless you have nothing to lose.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2019-03-11 at 07:24 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Black Friday is the biggest sales day of the year not because of temptation but because that’s the day they mark everything down. And yes, I understand the concept of impulse buys (the reason candy is right next to the checkout); however, Blizz is literally offering a discount to people who are already planning on race changing. You’re saying that they are doing it to get more people to race change, which could have a part to play, but at the same time you and others are bitching about Zandalari and KT and know people are going to race change, yet you complain when Blizz does something that helps these people.
    Would you be happier if Blizz did a poll of who is going to race change and then only gave those people who answered yes the discount? Never mind, you probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Uh, what? Lol. A list of content is entirely relevant.
    For people who don't think, maybe.
    For others, the amount of actual relevant content and its duration is much more relevant than a dumb list of the different types of content.

Leveling in Vanilla alone was at least five times longer than it is current WoW, so saying "well, we have leveling in both" as if it were equal is, well, dumb (now, people can prefer a short leveling, but that's preference, not amount of content).
    Gearing at max level through dungeons was much slower, power progression was much smaller, dungeons were much bigger. A guy can spam faceroll a few 5-man in BfA and get its blue ready for entry-level raiding in the same time as it take someone to clear a single dungeon in Vanilla, where he has only a chance to get an item (again, some people might prefer the quick gearing and claim that Vanilla is just artificial gear starvation, but the fact is, content stay relevant for much longer in Vanilla, and a single dungeon provides for as much time played as several ones in current WoW).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Does this mean that in 2 years they'll re-release Wrath?
    WotLK happened four years after Vanilla, not two. There is TBC before.

Edit : also, WTF this discussion of shit about race change in BfA in a thread about Classic ? Can't you bring this crap in the relevant forum instead of polluting here ?
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-03-11 at 07:31 PM.

This rollout plan is great for the leveling/gearing experience through classic WoW. I'm happy to see that they are trying to stay as true to the vanilla experience as they can while maintaining as non-broken a game as they can deliver.

If there's one thing that I would like to see them deviate from, it would be to somehow allow everyone to experience the opening of the AQ gates, whether it be through a lengthy cut-scene or a scenario (I believe that would be possible if they're sitting the 'old build' on the current platform... or at least a more current platform).

It would also be nice if they kept Hakar's Corrupted Blood glitch but I can see where that would get real old, real fast.

Finally, as expensive and time-consuming as it was, I'm kind of looking forward to getting my Dreadsteed again. That was quite the adventure and the best reason, other than gear, to be in Dire Maul.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Who said I’m laughing uncontrollably? Btw, why would you feel bad for someone who can take so much joy out of something you find mundane? That’s someone who’s getting much more out of life than you are.
    Anyways, nice personal attack for no reason, guess you’re going on ignore as you have nothing constructive to add.
    Alright, now I am laughing thank you..

And btw, don't take things so seriously. Also, you were full of assumptions. Let me guess, you are not big fan of Classic idea, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    People wanted free transfers (2 or 3) between connected servers, instead we just have 30% ...

You're delusional if you thought free transfers were going to happen.

they always do. trolls thrive in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I really like this idea. Gives people a chance to sink into 'current content' a bit more - go do Onyxia and Molten Core, then maybe go do something else than gearing for a bit (or, god forbid, go do something else and appreciate things that are not WoW since we don't have to do dailies/mission boards every day. Or the weekly M+ / PvP caches). And then when the new content is coming out, just to get straight back into it and repeat.
    looking forward to seeing how it goes. my gf wants to play it. i personally am not looking forward to it. i got tired of the endless grinds the first time around. BUT.. it has been long enough, who knows? worth giving it a try first at least, right? actually let it come out, and see how i feel about it before i make my own personal opinion? if i don't like it, i won't really play it. simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Imagine playing BFA when 80% of "Vocal Minority" playerbase left it for good.

Content in BFA? What is it? I'm looking very hard and don't see any =/ If you meant Warfronts and Islands that aint a content, sorry for the truth.
    Name that juicy classic content that you will get besides a few raids and 3 5mans?
    The AQ opening, one major grind event?

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking love what I’m reading. I want to thank Blizzard for giving us a true classic experience here. My friends and ex guildies from 2005-2011 are planning to get the band back together so to speak and this is just icing on the cake. We just talked about how we were sad Dire Maul would be out at launch because it would make so many other items we used not worth it. This will also help make the experience more exciting so when they drop dire maul everyone will be pumped and ready to farm it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Forum whiners: “Premium services are too expensive, Allied races are obvious race change bait”

*Blizzard literally reduces the cost of race changes as new allied races release*

Forum whiners: “Predatory practices!! Cash grab!!!”

Y’all need a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    What are you doing then on a WoW forum when you find WoW at its "core" boring?! You here for the off-topic forums?
    Waiting for my subscription to run out... and killing time while installing Resident Evil RE:2 and Devil May Cry 5.

15+ Year Old Account
    This isn't gating, you forum mouth breathers, this is patch content in relation to how it actually came out in vanilla wow..god such idiots..

People that were planning to race change would probably do it regardless of the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    Waiting for my subscription to run out... and killing time while installing Resident Evil RE:2 and Devil May Cry 5.
    I mean getting bored of WoW eventually is a normal thing... but why did u play this game in the first place if you think that it's bring at its core?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Forum whiners: “Premium services are too expensive, Allied races are obvious race change bait”

*Blizzard literally reduces the cost of race changes as new allied races release*

Forum whiners: “Predatory practices!! Cash grab!!!”

Y’all need a reality check.
    Those two things arent mutually exclusive given how overly high their services still are even with the reduction.

Both of these things are true.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg