Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    It absolutely can, and i’d Think BioWare would love that. EA, on the other hand, will never allow it. They most likely rushed it in the first place.

But i’ve Seen lots of people hoping for a FF14 gambit there.

I actually liked the game for what it’s worth. If it had enough meaningful content to do i’d Drop division and come back to anthem in a heartbeat.
    No it can't. At this point they'd pull a released game off the market to fix it. My point is they can't have a do-over on what's already happened and that all we can really do at this point is wait for it to get fixed or wait for it to die.

Also, given how they're actively reaching out to the community for help, I'm not sure they'd be able to do it if they pulled the whole thing off the market and turned off the servers until they fixed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes it can, and should do exactly that. That would actually save their face and win back their community
    Technically yes, but that's not what I meant. What I meant is that they can't have a do-over on what's already been released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Did they put anything in the Belgian game to make up for the lootboxes? I thought they just couldn't access the content so you can get the same result just by not buying lootboxes. That said, there's nothing like that in Anthem anyway - all the purchases are purely cosmetic and you directly buy the items.
    They changed it and those players instead get crafting materials (so they can chose a costume).
    Its more fair busnies model for sure.

As for Anthem having no lootboxes, they are in files:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8TSAt6tvVg
    All they have to patch it back when people forget abauth the outrage on this game. They have no reason to keep their word, like any other game publisher that just adds those later in game. Its just to much $$$ to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They changed it and those players instead get crafting materials (so they can chose a costume).

All they have to patch it back when people forget abauth the outrage on this game. They have no reason to keep their word, like any other game publisher that just adds those later in game. Its just to much $$$ to pass.
    You mean cosmetic lootboxes where keys are only earnable from in game activities?

Those aren't predatory lootboxes. They're just incentives to run certain activities. You also cannot get duplicates.

LOL just watched the video you linked. That's the just premium currency. You cannot earn that in game and can only use it to buy cosmetics from the shop. The shop is not remotely like lootboxes.

At least learn a thing or two before trashing a game. There are a lot of other things you could have gone after, but you aren't even really trying.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-03-20 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

10:15, the shards screenshot?

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/sto...nthem/currency

Because that still exists and is the cash shop currency. Not sure what else you're talking about because I don't want to listen to him talk for 15 minutes.

Or do you mean the in-game loot boxes that are...not too much different than in-game loot boxes in all kinds of loot-based games.

To those that really wanted this, a FoV slider will be added in the next patch (releasing next week).

Livestream started... This is discussing patch 1.0.4 which should drop sometime next week.

Elysian Chests will be added.. Chance for vanity item or crafting mats. Crafting mats is something like 25 MW embers.
    Legendary Missions have been added - At least 1 apex creature and a chest per mission guaranteed! Some enemies have been replaced with much stronger versions.
    Way more loot from bosses... Including legendary chances
    More loot from chests from world events, strongholds, etc...
    No more loading screens to access the forge! Access the forge from anywhere in Ft Tarsis
    Added Nvidia DLSS support
    Added Field of View settings
    Made some performance improvements
    Vault salvaging is much faster.
    A lot of components and gear has been buffed
    Some new universal components have been added. These focus around weapons - Ex- Acid slugs - When you hit something with 7 shotgun pellets it applies acid.
    A lot of fogwalls have been removed
    QP and Stronghold matchmaking has been greatly improved - You can't Q into a SH that's already 2 minutes past the start. You can't Q into a mission that is has already been going for 15 minutes.
    Flying has been improved - It takes longer to overheat and overheat status lasts less time.
    Interceptor melee is now just single button press rather than button mashing.
    Missing Strongholds should no longer occur
    Consumables are now sortable by rarity and name
    Flight to swim transition has been improved

Most important note =
    Grabbit vinyl confirmed
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-03-20 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good improvements, can't help but wonder why the f they could not delay a month or so to get this in and not embarrass themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Good improvements, can't help but wonder why the f they could not delay a month or so to get this in and not embarrass themselves.
    Seems like bioware/ea are willing to take a lot of bad reviews and press for roughly 120 million dollars in initial sales. (if they sold 2 million copies at roughly $60 each.)

What would you do for that plus interest? Clearly they don't care about embarrassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    That chest that gave them a bunch of blues and purples after they completed expedition in stream was omegalol moment.

Mixture of things, likely.

1. They wouldn't have known about many of these issues without players raising them. Would they have even thought about a stat page? Would they have ever realized that the number of loading screens was unbearable? etc.

2. They had 6 years to work on the game and they had a deadline to meet for EA's financials. Eventually you need to put a product out and you can't leave it in development hell forever.

Because as we've seen time and time again, it seems that developers need to be flooded with player feedback to identify a lot of issues that seem to go unnoticed internally.

That chest that gave them a bunch of blues and purples after they completed expedition in stream was omegalol moment.
    That was some Destiny 2 level shit right there, I had a hearty chuckle : P

It was GM1, but yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Mixture of things, likely.

1. They wouldn't have known about many of these issues without players raising them. Would they have even thought about a stat page? Would they have ever realized that the number of loading screens was unbearable? etc.
    "Anthem players" is such an outdated term. We should call them "paying beta testers".

Yup, Game sucks have moved on to Division 2, guess what it feels like a complete game that was released when it was actually intended not 6 months early like Anthem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I think this game would be awful for PvP because of how differently the Javelines play.
    Yeah I was kinda bummed to hear about no PVP in this game since PVP was probably the thing I enjoyed the most in destiny with its PVE being really mediocre. After playing Anthem though I can't fathom a world where PVP wouldn't be a shit show, its like putting PVP in ARPG's like diablo n stuff, while it could be fun in D2 it was also hilariously shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Seems a rather redundant question when you could be busy playing the game rather than moaning about people not being enthralled with a mediocre project.
    Likewise if the product is mediocre why spend the time sitting here beating a dead horse than just playing any of these games that are supposedly much better.

Also has no one ever heard of having multiple monitors? Or people being able to enjoy a thing without over indulging in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It can't un-release, go back into development and then release again in a better state.
    FF14 would like a word!

Though I wouldn't want this game to do that, as I'd like to continue playing it as its core is lots of fun.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Welp nearly a month in and the state of this game well.
    Majority of players have left, stupid changes made to the game, Bioware giving the usual "we hear you but please wait for the game to be fixed even though it should have been at
    If they can salvage this mess I'll be amazed. Because I honestly don't think they can and the April content update won't help it at all.
    I think the Origin subscription service changes the calculus a bit from normal. No amount of quick fixes will keep the majority around in the short term. But since the games updates are supposedly all free and it will be a portfolio item to drive subscriptions over several years, they can look more to the longterm than a regular game that had to scrape out whatever profits they could get now. That doesnt excuse it, but that is likely their business angle.

Aye. And anyone saying "oh wait for it to get better" needs to just be quiet imo.
    That's a very ignorant and frankly arrogant thing to tell people here. So, what, the people who actually play and like/dislike the game learned through actually playing should be quiet, while letting others who didn't buy the game, don't seem to want to buy the game, or played the game for, what, an hour like you, should get free reign to keep discussing it? Wow...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I dunno, when you pay a guy to fix your bathroom, then 6 months later he says it's fixed, but there are leaks everywhere and things fall apart, then he presents you with a bathroom roadmap, where there are certain gates at which various things will be fixed and/or added... i'd call that a scam
    That's more like paying for shoddy work than being scammed. I think people kind of misconstrue what scammed means, it actually implies intent. If a guy makes an honest effort to fix your bathroom but doesn't actually fix it, it doesn't mean he was trying to scam you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    "Anthem players" is such an outdated term. We should call them "paying beta testers".
    I prefer "consumer-workers"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    FF14 would like a word!

Though I wouldn't want this game to do that, as I'd like to continue playing it as its core is lots of fun.
    Touche. But not what I meant. Just saying that it can't get another chance to make a first impression. I was directly replying to someone saying that they don't want to hear anyone saying "just wait for them to fix it!" anymore.

What else is there to do besides that? It's released, the only real options are wait for them to fix it or wait for it to die. Even if they were to pull a FFXIV, that's still "waiting for them to fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Livestream started... This is discussing patch 1.0.4 which should drop sometime next week.

Elysian Chests will be added.. Chance for vanity item or crafting mats. Crafting mats is something like 25 MW embers.
    Legendary Missions have been added - At least 1 apex creature and a chest per mission guaranteed! Some enemies have been replaced with much stronger versions.
    Way more loot from bosses... Including legendary chances
    More loot from chests from world events, strongholds, etc...
    No more loading screens to access the forge! Access the forge from anywhere in Ft Tarsis
    Added Nvidia DLSS support
    Added Field of View settings
    Made some performance improvements
    Vault salvaging is much faster.
    A lot of components and gear has been buffed
    Some new universal components have been added. These focus around weapons - Ex- Acid slugs - When you hit something with 7 shotgun pellets it applies acid.
    A lot of fogwalls have been removed
    QP and Stronghold matchmaking has been greatly improved - You can't Q into a SH that's already 2 minutes past the start. You can't Q into a mission that is has already been going for 15 minutes.
    Flying has been improved - It takes longer to overheat and overheat status lasts less time.
    Interceptor melee is now just single button press rather than button mashing.
    Missing Strongholds should no longer occur
    Consumables are now sortable by rarity and name
    Flight to swim transition has been improved

Most important note =
    Grabbit vinyl confirmed
    That sounds like a great patch!

Only the change to flying may be overkill. I hope it takes "slightly" longer and not 20 times longer, otherwise that may ruin the flow of the game.

The whole point of an ARPG/looter shooter is to keep you playing.

Bioware couldn't even accomplish that simple task with the game.

Not to mention not having no competitive scene either PvE and PvP is absolutely stupid. This could have had a great chance to shine with PvP.
    I disagree.
    One thing i disliked in Destiny2 and Division is that everything played the same.
    I like that in Anthem the classes/javelins really all have different gameplay and different strengths/weaknesses.
    PVP would make that impossible.