Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    WQ are from Legion so you cant really list in BFA due to not a single new aspect rather than "daylies 2.0"

Warfronts and Island are basically considered a Joke by the majority since Warfronts are farmed for getting fast gear on ALT and even when you get the gear you only do the Weekly

Island Expedition still ALT stuff due to ez EXP there is only a Weekly AP otherwise nobody will bother doing them beside xmog and pet collector

BFA wins over Legion only on the Art Dev Team, Zuldazar/Drustvar alone shit on every region from Legion beside Suramar, but any Legion zone even Argus shit on zones like Stormsong Valley.

Beside that still wrongly comparing XYZ to BFA on QUANTITY instead of QUALITY content.

Vanilla had better solo/class content from Class Quest to Epic Quest, Legendary Quest

TBC had Flyght and the First Tier of Reputation with the best ratio of Reputation Level Reward, BFA is like Legion shit tier you get Exalted and still have 60itm lvl more than any Exalted Crap item the vendor sells

Wotlk Questline vs Arthas was enough plus you had the first Hard Mode content in Raiding that GAVE UNIQUE GEAR in one of the best raid of wow aka Ulduar plus Algalon as secret boss, you could rep through dungeon that imho is way better and funnier than spamming the same Rare WQ or praying for no Bechead WQ

Cata was a mistake

MoP had CM that were pure challenging content, there is nothing like that in BFA and myth raiding doesnt count, PvP Quest 2.0 and Green Fire Epic Quest was an amazing oppurtunity to give to other class stuff like that since it was universally love by any warlock, wasted afaik, and 2 nice outdoor zone like Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle, which if you compare to Argus are on a different planetary scale

WOD was terrible, like cata they forget previous milestone, CM were ok but they didnt tuned some trinkets

Legion had TOWER MAGE THAT LITERALLY SHIT OVER ANYTHING ELSE beside CM, Artifact Skin itself made tons of content from PVE to PVP to SOLO CONTENT like Retribution and Unholy HIDDEN SKIN, they also added Paragon Chest that was an interesting concept for the problem of "why I have to do WQ if im exalted?" concept they forgot for like 3 months early BFA and ofc they didnt add mounts but PETS so people interest crashed down.

BFA have AFKFRONTS and IE that are literally done only once through the Weekly then you proceed to do AFKfronts with alt for ez gear and not even bothering doing with Main because you already knows that it will not TF

So according to this BFA is BESIDE RAID and ART, a step backward compare to Legion even 2 step backward.
    WQ don't count any less because they were introduced in legion if they did that would mean you'd have to take out dungeons raids quest ect ect from every expan leaving literally nothing to compare as you'd take every thing out unless it was introduced in said expan.

it doesn't really matter if you think there a joke or not you could say the same thing of literally any content in wow depending on how you play. in say mop the whole timeless isle and the barrens were a joke to me as i was a heroic raider and played with a group of heroic raiders in both, if you and your friends are geared enough every thing is a joke.

quality is also totally subjective, which is why looking at whats actually in the game is objectively better then looking at what I or you personally like the most. for example would you say that pet battles are a superior form of content to raids dungeons or bg's just because you like them more?

vanilla had solo/class content that bfa doesn't have that's true but probably bfa has a ton more max level quest lines between the horde and alliance then classic i think but i haven't gone though and actually complied the number of quest.

flight isn't actually content and i dread tbc reps so i couldn't agree there but that's all personal preference, though the rewards were better id agree on that.

wrath had also made the lich king into a cartoon villain who shows up every zone and lets you live for no reason, even then wrath didn't really have to much max level questing. i'm also not counting raids in theses comparisons. as far as rep goes i think you could only get to revered or so in the dungeons then had to do daily's but i could be wrong on that one tis been a while.

MOP was the best expan if you ask me and was the peak of world content.

legion was also above Bfa but we haven't got to the end of BFa yet so it could pass legion.

and finally as far as comparing bfa and legion goes if you just want compared 7.1 and 8.1 they are pretty much equal but weighed in different areas, legion pulls ahead when you take the other patches into account but with the .1 patches the only real thing Bfa falls behind on at max level is questing which is probably because of the horde and alliance split and Bfa has a warfront instead of a dungeon which is subjective on which people would like more.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    In reality, the luckier they get, the luckier they need to be for upgrades in the future.

It's always nice to get tf/wf, but there's a certain point where odds of an upgrade are just not worth putting the time in for.

Its weird to be arguing against burnout in a time where you get gear the fastest ever..
    Because, as a casual, I'm not playing to have the best gear available. If I get a tf/wf, cool, but that's not the reason I'm playing WoW; it's just a "oh nice" side benefit.

Pet battles, gambling in front of AH, ERPing in GS.. There are loads to do if you want to..

5+ Year Old Account
    If you feel there's nothing to do or the game is not fun then unsubscribe, why post your woes in a forum?
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It feels like there is nothing to do. Everything is kinda useless and I will definietly not do things like pet battle or getting transmogs etc. the game is just really dry and repetitive. At least back then you slowly unlocked everything, by doing hard quests to get keys to dungeons etc. nowadays everything is instant and nothing has value in WoW.
    So you admit there ARE things to do, you just don't WANT to do them? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    If you feel there's nothing to do or the game is not fun then unsubscribe, why post your woes in a forum?
    Because that kind of people HAS TO TELL YOU why they don't play anymore. As if, every time you went into a bad restaurant, you happened to come in front of the restaurant every day to yell HEY IT SUCKS.

I'm feeling this way right now unfortunately. Everything is in a weird, stale state. Doesn't help that the only things BFA actually added (warfronts and islands) are trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Again, this is subjective of you. YOU think they are boring, other people love it. And HOW can you possibly balance it so everyone have something they like without having something someone else dislike. Blizzard CAN'T cater to only those who enjoy raid nor can they cater only to those who like Pet Battles. The variety is needed!
    Variety of content sure is needed. But not way it is done in wow. You need target audience otherwise vision for the game is nonexistent. Game cutter to lot of different playstyles and different type of players which is reason why everthing is so medicore and tasteless.

Why you think classic team looks like they are kicking when comes to communication with community? It is becouse devs and players have clear vision how game should look like. Current game is completly divided. Communitt and devs cant agree on anything without allienating other group of players. Thats why blizzard answers during QaA are all so neutral.

Blizzard have to stop trying to please everyone and pick target audience.

Subjective....

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    - You need to grind AP if you're in Method/Limit/Exorsus only, and the amount of AP required is nerfed every week. The weekly islands missions give 2500 AP. A paragon cache gives 2500 AP. A lot of mission tables reward AP.
    - You can gain reputation by using the table missions. It's not an enormous amount, but if you check regularly it makes an interesting amount. Doing the war campaign (starting with the first mission after unlocking the 3 opposite zones until BoD raid) gave me 12.000 reputation points. The questlines in every zone give a fair amount of reputation aswell. If you happen to have an incursion in an emissary cache zone, it's +500 rep for both reputations if it occurs in your continent, or +1000 if it happens in the enemy continent.
    Everything you just said is basically world quests and islands lol. You didn’t add anything “new” to the grind, you basically just said “you can also do these other forms of world quests!”

And no, everyone has a different definition of grind. I didn’t say grind to 50, i meant grind to whatever your guild expects of you. Top 3 guilds aren’t the only ones that want players to be prepared. This isn’t even relevant and doesn’t matter, it seems like your just using it to excuse the fact blizzard pigeon-holes players into 1 specific way to grind rather than opening it up to M+/BGs/etc.

Again though, I’m not sure what your point is? You didn’t show any variety here you basically just added onto my point that there’s nothing but world quests and islands to grind. You just worded it in a way that makes it seem like a lot when really everything you just listed is world quests. Yes, you get reputation from questing and right after your done you only get rep from world quests and did you know that world quests are mostly just repeats of quests you already did?

I’m not even going to discuss the fact you mentioned mission tables as added variety. I can do that shit from my phone lmao. Basically to TLDR your post, it’s: “you have to do world quests and islands to grind shit in BfA”. That’s correct and exactly why they need to open up the grind to other forms of content for more variability so players aren’t just stuck doing 2 things that are 1 and the same.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-01 at 11:21 PM.

The ilvl soft cap is achievable with only weekly rewards. I'm just over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    To me a lot of this comes back to gear, and to mythic plus.

There’s the whole “bis doesn’t exist” thing which is dumb, and there’s also the problem of rerunning the same dungeons the entire expansion and getting better and better gear.

When I can back for Argus/Antorus, I was a bit undergeared so I ran m+ for a few days (why not? I already knew all the dungeons... it was easy).

I joined a heroic pug and discovered that I already outgeared heroic Antorus, but I didn’t know any of the fights. It felt really dumb. I quit.

I think dungeons should be released in tiers... it’s a problem that you can run content you already know to get new very good gear on patch day.
    ye . and now tell us for how long you play this game.

thats like i would say that i go to gym bench press 100kg 8-10 times and ... its so "average"

when in reality 60-70% of people in there would get squished if they tried it even once

because i have been going to gym for past 10 years.

the feeling when i was able to just barely push this 100kg 1 time and how maazing feat it was back then will never ever return

same is with game. you have certain set of skills which lets you complete game fast - amazing feat .... after 15 years of playing.

shocking that you can complete game fast

When I see this, I can't stop to wonder.. what DID you do more in let's say, Mists of Pandaria?

I remember it was raid and cap stupid valor points by doing meaningless heroics that were a zerg fest.

and selling challenge mode dungeons runs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    you're perpetuating the myth that casual = bad at the game. A+10 is not hard. this many weeks into the season, and a bit of luck, you have quite a few 400, 410 pieces in different slots.
    And that's, guess what, the system working as intended as M+ is supposed to be an alternative to raiding and it has nothing to do with titanforging.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

like omg actual no content? Or like literally no content at all? Or literally cannot even deal kind of content?

Because m+ and raids are still there, its just class design is in the toilet so they dont pack the same punch

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    like omg actual no content? Or like literally no content at all? Or literally cannot even deal kind of content?

Because m+ and raids are still there, its just class design is in the toilet so they dont pack the same punch
    Doing harder difficulty level isnt new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Doing harder difficulty level isnt new content.
    Ah ya it is.

Normal mythic dungeons are so face roll one should be careful calling that content.

M+ you actually need to pay attention to what you are doing for a start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The situation is pretty dire, I must admit. I'm just leveling alts these days.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    There's stuff to do. It's just not fun.
    /Agree 100%, "not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" the intangible nature of fun is what Blizzard used to know better than all other mmo makers, but that time is long past. All we have left at Blizzard is a lawyer named Ion that is in over his head and an angry unbalanced president of Blizzard named J. Allen, so I don't expect a turnaround any time soon.

There is factually more to do than ever before. Raid-or-die is a thing of the past.

People just always seem to forget that just because they don't want to do something, doesn't mean everyone else agrees.
    The game always had naysayers proclaiming how its content isn't fun or worthwhile.

Yet here it is, still. Gee, I wonder why?