Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    How am I a whale? I have never spendt money on any of that besides a server transer a few times over the years. I hated wod and unsubbed through it all. Months back I unsubbed from wow again. If I ever wanted a class/race at max level I have done it the normal way, by leveling.

Im just telling you how it is. Blizzard dont NEED 10 million subs like they did before. They get so much money from other revenues these days. They dont NEED top notch quality content anymore, cause they can just throw a silly pet, mount or introduce a new allied race and people will throw money at it. I dont know who these people are, but they are out there doing it.

I have never spendt money on shit like that and I never will. I also always just unsub the moment I find the game not worth it. Be it for months or even a year. There others games out there to be played.
    You are a whale in Blizzard eyes.

Not that you in particular are a whale spending money.

But Blizzard is doing a usual freemium-mobile-game tact, to squeeze player with "extra" that can be Mounts/Toys/Race

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    You are a whale in Blizzard eyes.

Not that you in particular are a whale spending money.

But Blizzard is doing a usual freemium-mobile-game tact, to squeeze player with "extra" that can be Mounts/Toys/Race
    how can I be that when I spend the total amount of 0 dollars on the game? For the past few months and the coming months. I dont even have the game installed.

I have also never bought any pet or mount. Do you even understand what the term "whale" means?

According to your logic, anyone who has ever given Blizzard money is a whale, be it for the game or sub. So congrats, you are a whale.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It feels like there is nothing to do. Everything is kinda useless and I will definietly not do things like pet battle or getting transmogs etc. the game is just really dry and repetitive. At least back then you slowly unlocked everything, by doing hard quests to get keys to dungeons etc. nowadays everything is instant and nothing has value in WoW.
    Welcome to the game since probably idk mid- WoD or so. I still liked WoD overall cause the raids were very good, but outside of that there wasn't much to do. I quit Legion after Helya came out mostly cause I couldn't raid, grinding AP was dumb and pointless, and legendary RNG was also stupid. It might have been halfway decent with patches, but who knows. If BFA is Legion 2.0 as most say, I am glad I didn't play Legion. I made it a whole month and a half into BFA before quitting due to boredom and my class and the game overall was not fun in the least.

Maybe I will play Classic maybe not, haven't decided still yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heroic/Mythic+ setting for open world content, locked behind ilvl requirement? (Rewards should scale with them aswell.)
    Players keep progressing, quests take more time = more time spend = profit for blizzard.

edit: also wouldn't mind worldscaling for older zones! I like questing

That why i asked the definition of "hard" in wow for you because even BFA is pretty much a joke.

Refrain to asking M Jaina because it is like asking to you if you did Kelthuzad in Vanilla.
    I did both and while it was complicated to find enough people motivated to clear Naxx back then, the content itself did not require even close to as much focus and skill as downing mythic Jaina does now. Same goes for the dungeons that were a complete joke back then compared even to +0 mythics with appropriate gear. When you are getting to +15 and higher it is so much harder it is not even funny.

So yeah, vanilla was a joke when it came to difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I did both and while it was complicated to find enough people motivated to clear Naxx back then, the content itself did not require even close to as much focus and skill as downing mythic Jaina does now. Same goes for the dungeons that were a complete joke back then compared even to +0 mythics with appropriate gear. When you are getting to +15 and higher it is so much harder it is not even funny.

So yeah, vanilla was a joke when it came to difficulty.
    Why talking about raids where the difficulty is subjective due to overall raid skill and effort? Vanilla Raid difficulty was all the preparation then you could afk mid fight and let 5dps get the job, BFA difficulty is just stacking cheese class and bruteforce, it seems harder now because all classes can do anything and so difficulty have to been adjusted or exagerrated, see KJ

Still outside Raid, like Vanilla, BFA is plain easy

- - - Updated - - -

how can I be that when I spend the total amount of 0 dollars on the game? For the past few months and the coming months. I dont even have the game installed.

I have also never bought any pet or mount. Do you even understand what the term "whale" means?

According to your logic, anyone who has ever given Blizzard money is a whale, be it for the game or sub. So congrats, you are a whale.
    Seems hard to understand.

I even told that Blizzard considers you [as player] even if you don't spend, for them every player CAN BE a whale.

who cares if you dont play wasnt talking of you only, "as player" means how blizzard views players.
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-03 at 02:54 PM.

Why talking about raids where the difficulty is subjective due to overall raid skill and effort? Vanilla Raid difficulty was all the preparation then you could afk mid fight and let 5dps get the job, BFA difficulty is just stacking cheese class and bruteforce, it seems harder now because all classes can do anything and so difficulty have to been adjusted or exagerrated, see KJ

- - - Updated - - -

Seems hard to understand.

I even told that Blizzard considers you [as player] even if you don't spend, for them every player CAN BE a whale.

who cares if you dont play wasnt talking of you only, "as player" means how blizzard views players.
    Then talk about that. Write that the company Blizzard treat every gamer in the whole world as "whales". Say that Blizzard is only after our money and dont care about anything else. Say that, and dont come telling other people who they are.

Then talk about that. Write that the company Blizzard treat every gamer in the whole world as "whales". Say that Blizzard is only after our money and dont care about anything else. Say that, and dont come telling other people who they are.
    I never said you are a whale because you spend money, i dont even know if you are playing.

I even stated that Blizzard CONSIDER you, not THAT YOU ARE TRULY A.

chill

I took a BFA break for about 2 months until one month ago. It really helped to make the game a lil more interesting again. However, I do not play more than 10h/week, so there is always something to do.
    I dunno how many hours (or /played) the OP has, but I guess you overplayed the game. I recently bought myself a RC-Car (Rustler 4x4 VXL) and it has become a great hobby for me. Maybe that would be something for you?

AcHiEvE hUnT. LiNk MyThIc JaInA

Thats like saying a 5 hour buss trip is harder than a 2 hour trip in the same buss. It is silly and simply not true. It takes more time and it might be annoying to spend an extra few hours but it sure does not make the trip itself more difficult for you and no, it is not subjective. Raids are harder now, in every way. You can also not just stack a "cheese class and bruteforce". You obviously have no clue at all about what you are talking about.

Balance is also much, much better these days than it ever was in the first couple of expansions and your statement also makes no sense here as you somehow think that every class is the same and can do the same things but then pretend like stacking just one class lets you beat anything without effort.
    Also, the endgame has always been the hardest part of the game so it makes sense talking about it if we are talking about difficulty.

But anyway, as you clearly have no real experience with the actual endgame this conversation is rather pointless, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Thats like saying a 5 hour buss trip is harder than a 2 hour trip in the same buss. It is silly and simply not true. It takes more time and it might be annoying to spend an extra few hours but it sure does not make the trip itself more difficult for you and no, it is not subjective. Raids are harder now, in every way. You can also not just stack a "cheese class and bruteforce". You obviously have no clue at all about what you are talking about.

Balance is also much, much better these days than it ever was in the first couple of expansions and your statement also makes no sense here as you somehow think that every class is the same and can do the same things but then pretend like stacking just one class lets you beat anything without effort.
    Also, the endgame has always been the hardest part of the game so it makes sense talking about it if we are talking about difficulty.

But anyway, as you clearly have no real experience with the actual endgame this conversation is rather pointless, is it not?
    Neither you have experience so please.

The bus example is enough to ignore you, but the fact that you compare class balance from Vabilla to BFA when vanilla had a different mindset of RPG Classes just prove that you are not even playing this game
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-03 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    This was a fact during WOTLK too.

Let's not pretend otherwise. A game that's had over 100 million accounts made yet only ever maintained a tenth of that number.

Or do you mean that 90% of players starting BfA have left? In that case, citation needed since you literally have no such numbers. When I login I see the same servers be high/full as when BfA was new, with only a few exceptions where Full has gone to High.

"I play on a dead server and it's DEAD!!!!" - yeah, color me shocked. I play across 3 highly populated servers and they're full as ever.
    Why do you have this massive hatred for classic wow. I don't think its going to do that well and won't have many subs, but you serisouly have some sort of inability to not care if people prefer the game in a perivous state.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    ...Snip...
    This is pretty accurate tbh, there's a couple of things I would add or clarify from my PoV though:

Part of the reason that classes are simplistic and boring is that even if they did have useful procs, they'd get lost in the sea of meaningless ones, Oh! I just procced a mastery buff from this trait I happened to pick, what should I do differently now I've got all this extra mastery? Well, the answer is nothing. Because it doesn't matter.

To stop players from making the wrong choice, Blizzard have decided to simply remove the choice altogether. You can't be shit at mana management if it's impossible to go OOM, you can't be shit at watching your threat if the tanks produce so much that it's not an issue. You can't equip the wrong gear if you're looking at a single number to see which is best.

But if players can't make bad decisions how will they learn from them? If they can't fail how will they improve?

People wonder why raider.io exists and it's because you can go into a +7-10 key and find a rogue at 400+ ilvl and it's a complete toss up as to whether that player is going to be doing 30k dps while using stuns, blinds, and interrupts; or be doing 14k dps and not even know what an interrupt is (as i found out yesterday in a +8 Tol'Dagor).

The whole point of this thread is that never has WoW had so much content, but never has it also had so little I wanted to do. And that's because while there might be a broad range of things to do, none of them have any real depth. Islands are all the same no matter how much they try to jazz them up, I'll do however many is needed for my weekly quest and that's it. Warfronts are the same, they're 20-30 mins of something to do to maybe get a TF. WQs were useless a long time ago and emissaries are barely worth the effort anymore.

I've even stopped caring about using my seals now too. Because not only do I need to get "something", I also need it to TF and have a socket for it to be usable from a +10, and gear is so "bleh" that the only things unique enough to roll on are trinkets and weapons/shields anyway - I mean I don't look at the loot table and think "Hmm I should roll on this in case those gloves drop and also TF to 415 or above and have a socket..."

And if that weren't enough, what's the point when within a few months it's all going to be reset again by the next major patch? I mean, yeah in the short term I'll be getting upgrades again, but the tradeoff is that everything I've worked for doing +10s, 11s, 12s... 15s every week is going to be obtainable by billy no-mates from a few Emissaries and weekly quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Why do you have this massive hatred for classic wow. I don't think its going to do that well and won't have many subs, but you serisouly have some sort of inability to not care if people prefer the game in a perivous state.
    I don't have a hatred of any sort for the game itself, nor would I use such a harsh word at all in this context as little as I care for the zealots acting like it's the second coming of Christ.

That's rather off-topic in any case.

I don't have a hatred of any sort for the game itself, nor would I use such a harsh word at all in this context as little as I care for the zealots acting like it's the second coming of Christ.

That's rather off-topic in any case.
    I get its offtopic, but a lot of what I see you do is trash people who think the game was better in a previous expansion. What made me ask was your graph (Which I know is a flip of someone elses graph) is just more needless trashing of those people and classic wow.

I get its offtopic, but a lot of what I see you do is trash people who think the game was better in a previous expansion. What made me ask was your graph (Which I know is a flip of someone elses graph) is just more needless trashing of those people and classic wow.
    I have no issues with people thinking the game was better in a previous expansion. I think the game was better in a previous expansion.

I have issues with people thinking the game was perfect, in a previous expansion. Which tends to be the case, meanwhile cold hard facts show that the same crap has been spouted on the forums for every iteration, just with different coatings.
    Either way, I'm as entitled to my sig as those first bringing it along are, AKA the crowd that'll jump into any thread about current WoW, to hail their imaginary second coming of Christ.

/end derail.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-04-03 at 11:24 PM.

I have no issues with people thinking the game was better in a previous expansion.

I have issues with people thinking the game was perfect, in a previous expansion. Which tends to be the case, meanwhile cold hard facts show that the same crap has been spouted on the forums for every iteration, just with different coatings.
    Either way, I'm as entitled to my sig as those first bringing it along are, AKA the crowd that'll jump into any thread about current WoW, to hail their imaginary second coming of Christ.

/end derail.
    No one said anyone wasnt entilted to anything. Your statement that it tends to be the case for people believing the game was once perfect just proves my point. I've seen very few people who actually believe the game was ever perfect.

No one said anyone wasnt entilted to anything. Your statement that it tends to be the case for people believing the game was once perfect just proves my point. I've seen very few people who actually believe the game was ever perfect.
    You've not seen =/= they're not filling up forum space by the bucketload.

Not sure what you're hoping to achieve here, really. I'm not changing my sig, and you're not gonna be successful in rewriting experiences I've had for a decade now of nostalgia-fueled nonsense.

You've not seen =/= they're not filling up forum space by the bucketload.

Not sure what you're hoping to achieve here, really. I'm not changing my sig, and you're not gonna be successful in rewriting experiences I've had for a decade now of nostalgia-fueled nonsense.
    I don't give a shit about your sig or your experiences. I was simply curious about your distaste for that group of people. They're also not filling up forum space, because you are group of a larger group of people in with the fanatics.