Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I would rather have that 'partial' part more accented to make them stand from NE body wise. Just as Rastakhan is more muscular than playable Zandalari are.
    They could use the DH base

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    They could use the DH base
    DH have the same model just different texture

DH have the same model just different texture
    They have far greater definition and musculature.. like the original night elf model had. They softened the night elf Male in the 6.0 model revamps.

They have far greater definition and musculature.. like the original night elf model had. They softened the night elf Male in the 6.0 model revamps.
    It is just a texture. Their models aren't bulkier.

vs

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    We have 4 playable elves ... but the playable elves are a subset of Trolls ...so there are 6 trolls.
    We have 2 playable Tauren.
    We have 2 playable Draenei.
    We have 2 playable Orcs
    We have 2 playable Dwarves
    We have 4 playable Humans

So even granting you there are two many elves ... no one is complaining about too man humans who have just as many playable races (Human, Undead, Worgen and Kul Tiran). In fact, people are asking for Fresh Undead like Nathanos (which would use Human models) or Light Undead for Alliance ... so people want more humans and yet we already have 4 human races. But people wanting another elf ... totally unacceptable.
    So true, although I wouldnt count elves as trolls.

Even if there was 1 elf race, there will be haters protesting to any suggestion of more. Elf hate is a thing amongst fantasy lovers. But then they are also usually the most popular group, sometimes even more popular than human.

Given all fantasy races are variations of humans, any prejudice against elves is ultimately meaningless, there will be lovers and haters, there are many humans who hate humans though they are a minority, but they exist.

People who hate the whole beauty scene and hate elites, tend to hate elves, coz this is the type set they portray and are also loved for the same reasons, also those who hate perfectly good guys, hate elves because this is what they also represent. The ideal and haters of any ideal tend to hate them. People hate them sometimes because there is so much imagery of that standard in society, they are sick of it, or feel deceived by it as they themselves can never reach that standard (they feel) and resent the elves for being that and are an outlet to take their anger out on society media forcing that standard of beauty on us.

Many on this game hate anything that's popular, though they are a minotiry. The popular crowd is their kryptonite, and they naturally resent elves for it. Reminds them of the popular kids and the pedestal they are put on, to the cost of the hater's recognition and validation as human beings. It doesn't help when the elves have the models of the cheer leader/football jock or snobby A-grade student that has it all looks and brains who often made their school experience hell..

Much of this is the hate elves have, with these people, they've lost before they even had a chance
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-04-04 at 10:51 AM.

We have 4 playable elves ... but the playable elves are a subset of Trolls ...so there are 6 trolls.
    We have 2 playable Orcs

So even granting you there are two many elves ... no one is complaining about too man humans who have just as many playable races (Human, Undead, Worgen and Kul Tiran). In fact, people are asking for Fresh Undead like Nathanos (which would use Human models) or Light Undead for Alliance ... so people want more humans and yet we already have 4 human races. But people wanting another elf ... totally unacceptable.
    I know you posted that on April Fools... but cmon, Undead have nothing to do humans. Yes, lorewise they were humans once, but they're a totally different and unique model, where as this "nazdorei" concept, while it does look cool, it's still like 90% nightborne. Same thing with Worgen and Kul Tirans. Yeah they're humans (or used to be) lorewise, but at least the Worgen don't look anything like the regular humans at all and their human form can only be used when you're idling (or walking/riding).

And saying that we have 6 trolls... just lol. Apples to oranges

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I know you posted that on April Fools... but cmon, Undead have nothing to do humans. Yes, lorewise they were humans once, but they're a totally different and unique model, where as this "nazdorei" concept, while it does look cool, it's still like 90% nightborne. Same thing with Worgen and Kul Tirans. Yeah they're humans (or used to be) lorewise, but at least the Worgen don't look anything like the regular humans at all and their human form can only be used when you're idling (or walking/riding).

If this Nazdorei concept is "90% Nightborne" than Worgen should be viewed as "90% Human" by you.

I am pointing out the hypocritical nature of "no more elves" when there are many elf races as Human races. No one is championing No more humans.

In many Allied race concepts include several more human off shoots: Vrykul (I know lorewise humans are the off shoot, but still), Alterac Valley Humans, Fresh Undead and Light Undead. When people mention an elf allied race concept, people instantly start complaining about elves.

And the 6 trolls is pointing out how silly I view the "No More Elves" crowd.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I would rather have that 'partial' part more accented to make them stand from NE body wise. Just as Rastakhan is more muscular than playable Zandalari are.
    I see what you meant now. Yes it is the same model, just different texturing, which is what the fan base concept is. But to be honest, Rastakhan looks a bit too fat and big, not elegant muscular, like elves are. Especially the DH model.

I like the texture big Mama uses, but especially the face and hairstyles. I would add some beard options and maybe change the way the night elf model stands

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

They are humans...undead ones, given a more decomposed look. I mean, just because a different face is used and a set animation is used for the model that differs from the alliance e human doesn't change that.

Models are just representative, you don't think every human has those face selections or all move in exactly that way. The whole silhouette and model thing is intentionally created to make them look distinct, and varied, because this is rich.

It doesn't mean undead arenthuman or blood elves are a different species from night elves. They are just variations of each other. Before TBC, high/blood elves used the night elf model, and in wc3, they had the same model.

I see what you meant now. Yes it is the same model, just different texturing, which is what the fan base concept is. But to be honest, Rastakhan looks a bit too fat and big, not elegant muscular, like elves are. Especially the DH model.

I like the texture big Mama uses, but especially the face and hairstyles. I would add some beard options and maybe change the way the night elf model stands
    Fat? But yes he is quite bulky muscular. I think this is the form new elves should come with. Shape between naga and elf and male naga usually are quite brutish in appearance. It would be something new. To be honest closer to the original depiction of nelves from W3.

I somehow think the name is poorly chosen..

If this Nazdorei concept is "90% Nightborne" than Worgen should be viewed as "90% Human" by you.

I am pointing out the hypocritical nature of "no more elves" when there are many elf races as Human races. No one is championing No more humans.

In many Allied race concepts include several more human off shoots: Vrykul (I know lorewise humans are the off shoot, but still), Alterac Valley Humans, Fresh Undead and Light Undead. When people mention an elf allied race concept, people instantly start complaining about elves.

And the 6 trolls is pointing out how silly I view the "No More Elves" crowd.
    QFT . It's just baseless prejudice and hating. Nothing legit there

We have 2 playable Orcs

what are the 4 humans ? Kul tiran, normal and ?

Horde
    1 Undead - Foresaken
    2 Troll - Zanda and Darkspear
    1 Goblin - Bilgewater
    2 tauren - Highmountain and Thunderbluff
    2 Orc - Maghar and Ogrimmar
    2 elf variants - Blood and nightborne

Alliance
    2 Draenei - Lightforged and space goat
    2 Elf Variants - night and Void
    2 Dwarf - Iron forge and Dark Iron
    1 Gnomes - Shortpeople
    1 Worgen - Gilneans
    2 Human - Kul tiran and stormwind

And the Pandaren

But i agree in a sense, they wont do another elve race because they have done 2 already, they will most likely explore variants of new models, rather than something we already have! If anything id like to see mechagnomes and an undead variant.
    Last edited by Tyrilion; 2019-04-04 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    what are the 4 humans ? Kul tiran, normal and ?

Horde
    1 Undead - Foresaken
    2 Troll - Zanda and Darkspear
    1 Goblin - Bilgewater
    2 tauren - Highmountain and Thunderbluff
    2 Orc - Maghar and Ogrimmar
    2 elf variants - Blood and nightborne

Alliance
    2 Draenei - Lightforged and space goat
    2 Elf Variants - night and Void
    2 Dwarf - Iron forge and Dark Iron
    1 Gnomes - Shortpeople
    1 Worgen - Gilneans
    2 Human - Kul tiran and stormwind

And the Pandaren

But i agree in a sense, they wont do another elve race because they have done 2 already, they will most likely explore variants of new models, rather than something we already have! If anything id like to see mechagnomes and an undead variant.
    Undead and Worgen are technically both human.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Worgen not even on a technicality. Blizzard have straight up said Worgen are still humans and if they mate, will have human children without the Worgen curse, because it is just that - a curse.

"Worgen are not technically a race and thus cannot reproduce like one. The worgen curse is just a curse. Its origins are rooted in the druidic pack form that was later altered by the Scythe of Elune. The end result is worgen we see today, beings that can transmit their affliction to others via a single bite. In theory, if two worgen were to mate and produce an offspring, that offspring would not be a worgen. The child would merely possess the genetic material of his or her parents, like any other child sans the curse.[17]"
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Worgen

That answer comes from an ask CDev Round 4.

Also how many times has it brought up that Forsaken are Lordaeron Humans when people argue over lore and land bits, it's hilarious when people try to be intentionally obtuse.

Undead = dead humans, nothing else. dead. humans. No one who makes a Forsaken/Undead is playing any other race type besides a dead human. not a dead elf, not a dead orc, troll, or tauren. etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

People just try to justify what amounts to pettiness with the elf hate hard-ons they have by trying to make it seem like it is much more than pettiness when that's all it is.

In a lore sense yes, but in aesthetics i wouldn't consider them in the same group the same as i would consider trolls and elves in the same group

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    In a lore sense yes, but in aesthetics i wouldn't consider them in the same group the same as i would consider trolls and elves in the same group
    And you are getting to the heart of the problem. The "No More Elves" crowd cannot see how the elves could be different than the elves we have therefor "no more elves" we have enough ... but Human are allowed because they can see them being different enough for them.

Nazdorei would be a Worgen Inspired Elf concept whose aesthetic would be significantly different than any currently playable elf.
    –The Sith Code

And you are getting to the heart of the problem. The "No More Elves" crowd cannot see how the elves could be different than the elves we have therefor "no more elves" we have enough ... but Human are allowed because they can see them being different enough for them.

Nazdorei would be a Worgen Inspired Elf concept whose aesthetic would be significantly different than any currently playable elf.
    I understand both sides really elves are an aesthetically appealing and lore rich race but id very much like to explore other races in as much depth

No offence but I'd rather have Jinyu than another elven mutation. ^^' even if you put a lot of effort into those edits the last thing I want in this game is 5th playable elf.

Besides, these deep sea Jinyu looks amazing:
    Last edited by Ramz; 2019-04-05 at 07:20 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Kinda wish we'd get away from the humanoid models. Maybe a centaur, or honestly the original naga model. There's no reasons boots can't be like a bangle around the tail. And the jumping animation is trivially easy to figure out.

#nomorehumanoids
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Honestly, they could easily keep the base look of the Naga but have legs and a tail outside of water and have their legs turn into a tail when you hit the water, I love the monstrous look of Naga.