Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You level another char and start all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Happychild View Post
    Says the guy with 1054 posts on a website about a video game..
    To be fair, 1055 posts in 4 years is like less than a post each day. Which would take a lot less time than all the content you're doing to get AP. Also, it's better than just lurking on forums and never speaking their opinion (which I suspect you mostly do, due to your post count.)

OT:
    Gratz, you finished your neckless for now, focus on your other pieces of gear and upgrade those while you wait for 8.2 to come out. Or just do what ever you find fun, be it islands or raiding or what ever. Not sure why you would need someone to tell you this though?
    Last edited by Noxina; 2019-04-15 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

What do you mean?

Now you can finally play the game.

and here i sit on my toons between 37-40 and couldnt give less f...cks about ap grind ^^ :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I didn't say I don't do any of that content, I said I don't do it when the rewards are AP only. If the rewards are a good ammount of gold and resources to fund my seals or they give runes sure, I'll do the content. But when it's just AP for reward there's literally no point to bother. And no I don't do islands at all except on alts for the exp, they are complete garbage by design. What I spend most of the time is PvP, raiding, mythics with guild/friends. To me that's actual content that requires involvement, not just a pointless grind.

Again, the AP exclusive content is so worthless I don't understand why anyone would willingly spend the time focusing on it. You can unlock all your trait rings with minimal grinding. There are much better things to do with the time.
    dunno i started to do them recently on several alts (when i finished leveling and basic gearing up on all 12 horde alts ) solely because gotta collect those dublons for mounts/pets 1 toon will do it probably till end of expansion to get this 1000 dublons mount but i do only 3 mythic islands per weeek and swap to next alt dont do them more then for 2 hours per week either since cba

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    So you wasted a bunch of time doing stuff that wasn’t fun for a “reward” that apparently isn’t that great. The question shouldn’t be “what do I do now?”. What you really should be asking yourself is “why did I even do this in the first place?”.
    the answer is simple too - people have 0 self control . and are addicted like hell to wow.

Level alts, collect mounts/transmog, pvp, work for titles++

If nothing like that interests you, I suggest just taking a break until 8.2 is out!

10+ Year Old Account
    If only ap became gold once youre maxed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Level up some Allied races for Heritage armors maby?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a cap at 50? I didn't even know that..

I'm at level 46 and I actively AVOID WQs that give Azerite, because it's pretty much the worst reward there is in the game.
    If people are farming Azerite WQs, why aren't they 50 already?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Having your neck at level 50 means you played this game ALOT. My neck is level 44 and I feel I even focused too much on azerite. If you are at level 50 and get bored, you kinda have to suit yourself for kind of "overplaying" the game. I do not judge, but I don't think you can't be at level 50 with a healthy relationship to the game. You simply played too much. There should be no "fix" to this, most players are not near level 50.

Aww, it want attention!

You did well /pat, good work /pat, we all bask in your glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Having your neck at level 50 means you played this game ALOT. My neck is level 44 and I feel I even focused too much on azerite. If you are at level 50 and get bored, you kinda have to suit yourself for kind of "overplaying" the game. I do not judge, but I don't think you can't be at level 50 with a healthy relationship to the game. You simply played too much. There should be no "fix" to this, most players are not near level 50.
    I've done a total of one clear of HC uldir and on HC BoD, I haven't touched islands since the start of the expansion, never do Emisarries that reward AP and play the game like 3 hours/week to do Conq Cap and relist my AH.
    And I am at level 43 on two toons, one which I haven't done a single raid encounter with only arena.

Getting to 50 by now shouldnt be too hard, as the OP have pointed out in this very thread he did his daily Emisarry, weekly Island, weekly +10. All which is SUPER casual to do and doesn't take much time.

To be fair, people who activily play this game and aren't at 50 (or close) are doing something horrible wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you wait for 8.2 and do it all over again. You've achieved nothing but get to the same point everyone else will be kicked to once the patch lands
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations for this life achievment.

Not sure where this whole "have no life" thing is coming from. I havn't grinded for AP at all. I have a girlfriend, play competitive sports on a schedule, regularly am out with friends/family. If you simply do your weekly BGs, 1x week mythic 10, and daily world quests (3 or 4), you'd be near 50.

Anyways, you have 3489 posts on a single video game message board. Jesus Christ lol.
    Yep..... I hit 49 doing it exactly like that.... It's been the least effort "grind" ever... I've also done island expeditions every other week, probably less than that, I only do those when someone needing them has asked for people to come along...

I think the daily emissary quest is probably the bulk of my AP gains... It's normally easy to pick and choose the easiest four and be done with it.

Lots of jerk answer, classic MMO-C.

I'm in the same boat, and a lot will be there too. We are talking about a good fraction of WQ, Emissary, Mission, most of the Island Expedition reward not giving anything once you reach level 50. If you would get a small amount gold or something else as a reward at least. A tiny amount of Titan Residuum would be neat.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Currently level 49. Once I hit 50.... what do I do? Islands become useless. Half of the world quests give no reward. The daily do 3-4 world quests for a chest will give next to nothing (only 2k gold will be of any benefit). Even getting 10k rep with a faction will be significantly less useful.

So my question is, once I hit 50, what do I do? Is there any timeline as to when a higher level will be allowed?
    Use this new free time to realize how much time you wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Use this new free time to realize how much time you wasted.
    This. The neck piece is just a hamster wheel. I Understand if you're a top mythic raider and have to unlock all traits in max ilvl gear (iirc you unlock them all before 50).

You will have a head start for next patch, but there will be catch up mechanisms for people that didn't farm their ass off.

At this point the gearing system is irrelevant. Look at how BoD mythic gear will be replaced by Mythic+10 gear next patch.

Hamster wheel system. You some how managed to "Beat" it this patch but you'll have to do it all again next patch.

Waste of time.