Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    I thought we all agreed to stop overusing that word
    Suck a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    The fair price for alts is FREE. Mounts were account wide in MoP, so when you got Anglers rep and bought the mount with was with the knowledge that every character you had, now and in the future, would have the benefit of a water walking mount. Anything else is taking something away and then charging us to get it back. And if equipment works like gems, then that's pretty much what it is, with one use free for one character.

A second issue is Blizzard devs have complained in the past about what a terrible burden it is to introduce a system and then have to maintain it in future expansions. So when the devs get bored of this mount equipment system or it doesn't work out as they hoped so they pretend it never happened and fail to support it or just remove it we're just shit out of luck?
    Exactly. The next load of shite they'll be spitting out is well, you can mount the mammoth/yak/brutosaur but only the character that bought it can use the vendors.

Blizzard made the mount system account-wide and nobody was holding a gun to their head when they did it. They could leave the strider's innate ability alone. They aren't because as I said before, they are petty and want to get back at players for not letting them limit the strider before. They are passive-aggressive to their customers at every turn. There is a logical solution to this and they are willing to endure ANY blowback for what gain? There is literally NOTHING to be gained from a customer goodwill perspective to not doing what they did with the Sky Golem with the water strider. The only difference between the two is that they have a bug up their ass about the strider and didn't get their way before and this is a way to inconvenience people with the strider while pretending to be reasonable because they are opening the ability up to other mounts.

Opening the water walking is a good thing for people who don't want to go back to old content to get the ability. Just like with the portals, they could leave the old things intact and ADD THE NEW thing. It is a false choice imposed by the developers because they think they can get away with anything and cover it up with nonsensical false earnest "questions" posed by Bornakk, who isn't 1/100th as clever as he thinks he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    This is a Blue response to what I thought was a well-written post from a player, who seems to be unlike most of the crazies (myself included) who rattle on here or on the WoW forums.

Just something I’d like to get your perspective on, if the character who earned the Anglers reputation along with the mount gets the water walking item for free, what would a fair price be for the alts to get it? If that character who earned the reputation and mount has the option to water walk (but might choose something else), do you feel that alts should have every single thing that the other characters have?

Also, just out of curiosity, how often would you estimate that you have you used the water strider mount in the 6+ years it’s been available?
    Thanks folks for chatting! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

This smells of the same craziness of the portals. Why on this planet, when your game is on fire to the point you have to make an "I am sorry our expansion failed to live up to our players expectations" tour to all the gamer media outlets, would you decide to start dismantling legacy systems that are largely used by the most loyal of players.

Of all the groups for Blizzard to alienate why choose your most loyal? Mind boggling.... Especially when you consider games like ESO and FF14 seem to listen to the wants and needs of its playerbase.
    Meh, I felt 'cheated' (not really lol) so to speak when I killed Sinestra on time, meaning during raid release and used the 'Dragonslayer' title for awhile...until everyone was able to kill it after the fact, xpac, whatever and so my title was no longer special. Come to think of it, as a former hardcore raider, I've felt that way about most of my titles and special mounts but whatever, that's the way it goes, no QQ'ing here. Eventually everything becomes the norm, even waterwalking mounts and I for one am happy because even though I did the grind for that rep, I really despise seeing everyone on that mount just because of waterwalking.

15+ Year Old Account
    People complained that any time a new expansion came out, they had to use the waterwalking mount to get around and didn’t like it. Blizzard comes up with a great solution that allows you to give water walking to any mount except the engineering one and now you complain that they gave you more options. People with the strider now can choose to still have the strider get water walking. People who want to use it on a different mount can. If you love your water strider, continue to use it. If you don’t, use it on your favorite mount, both, or neither. You get to decide what to put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They're still consumable. If you decide you want to be an owlbear instead of a starcaster or a warden bird instead of being humble you need to pay to buy a new glyph to switch.
    When did that change? Last time I played retail was when you bought the glyphs and learned them. Once you learned them you could switch between them without buying them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Nothing has been taken away. It is exactly as it was before except you can use water walking on other mounts. It is as if they were giving you something. Just another indicator that the community has lost all of their senses and are just outraged for the pure reason to be outraged. Why don't you tweet about it?
    You lose nothing on characters 100+, every char gets the equipment via mail and can just put it in.

But... your characters below 100 can not hop on the waterstrider to waterwalk because mount equipment is unlocked at 100. Elixir of Water Walking requires level 35 to use and are not free.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    When did that change? Last time I played retail was when you bought the glyphs and learned them. Once you learned them you could switch between them without buying them anymore.
    When the dumbasses removed the glyph panel

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You lose nothing on characters 100+, every char gets the equipment via mail and can just put it in.

But... your characters below 100 can not hop on the waterstrider to waterwalk because mount equipment is unlocked at 100. Elixir of Water Walking requires level 35 to use and are not free.
    Tested on PTR

Item costs 50 gold (40 with exalted rep)

Characters 100+ get it in the mail. Characters under 100 do not even those that are high enough for MoP content were the mount is available.

So basically all your characters under 100 that can currently use water walking (for free) are going to have to pay 40 gold each (using the exalted character to post the item) if that the ability you want for them.

Multiple copies can be purchased at once as the item is not unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    When the dumbasses removed the glyph panel
    That was a dumb move. Having like it was but with only the new cosmetic glyphs would have been better.

Are they seriously considering giving water walking ONLY to the characters that got the anglers rep? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Are they seriously considering giving water walking ONLY to the characters that got the anglers rep? wtf
    Anglers rep to buy. Haven't tried on other characters without exalted rep. (flying a character down now)

There will be a non Anglers version from a profession if what they said originally is accurate. price for that will obviously vary.

Edit - Was able to buy at Friendly
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-04-16 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    That was a dumb move. Having like it was but with only the new cosmetic glyphs would have been better.
    Yea, other glyphs were kind of cookie cutter but a cosmetic glyph panel still being there would be cool.

Sounds like the system plays out essentially identically to how it does now, I just don't have to use my strider to walk on water anymore. Still requires rep to buy and works on alts, by sending the glyph item from a main to them.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-04-16 at 08:21 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    People complained that any time a new expansion came out, they had to use the waterwalking mount to get around and didn’t like it. Blizzard comes up with a great solution that allows you to give water walking to any mount except the engineering one and now you complain that they gave you more options. People with the strider now can choose to still have the strider get water walking. People who want to use it on a different mount can. If you love your water strider, continue to use it. If you don’t, use it on your favorite mount, both, or neither. You get to decide what to put it on.
    The flip side is that, should you wish to use anti-daze for a while, or the slow fall for a while, you have to go back and buy another water walking equipment item.
    So they took something they made baseline for 1 mount 6ish years ago (with a second in WoD) and made it optional with the cost of a) time to go get it in MoP-land, and b) gold for each character who needs it.

I still don't think it's a big deal either, and people will probably just buy a 20 stack and send it to the alt so they have water walking for water-heavy zones, and otherwise can swap to anti-daze for faster travel without the hassle of getting dismounted.
    All in all, you probably get a net gain in time saved with anti-daze (when not in tank spec), so to me, I'm fine with this change.

Others feel like their time was wasted and feel cheated that something was taken away, and for those, I really have no sympathy because there are plenty of modes of travel available and a small amount of mounts are inconvenienced for a greater variety of mounts to have even more properties.
    Leveling a shaman with anti-daze, for example, sounds awesome because I can water walk AND not get dismounted by annoying shit hitting me in the back? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    The flip side is that, should you wish to use anti-daze for a while, or the slow fall for a while, you have to go back and buy another water walking equipment item.
    So they took something they made baseline for 1 mount 6ish years ago (with a second in WoD) and made it optional with the cost of a) time to go get it in MoP-land, and b) gold for each character who needs it.

I still don't think it's a big deal either, and people will probably just buy a 20 stack and send it to the alt so they have water walking for water-heavy zones, and otherwise can swap to anti-daze for faster travel without the hassle of getting dismounted.
    All in all, you probably get a net gain in time saved with anti-daze (when not in tank spec), so to me, I'm fine with this change.

Others feel like their time was wasted and feel cheated that something was taken away, and for those, I really have no sympathy because there are plenty of modes of travel available and a small amount of mounts are inconvenienced for a greater variety of mounts to have even more properties.
    Leveling a shaman with anti-daze, for example, sounds awesome because I can water walk AND not get dismounted by annoying shit hitting me in the back? Yes please.
    Getting hit while water walking will make you fall under the surface so you are effectively dazed anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Went to Nat with a character who didn't have any Angler rep.(level 87 - so higher than that need to get the strider in MoP originally). Could not buy.

The item requires level 100 and either strider collected to allow purchase.

i don't have a level 100 without angler rep on PTR but it looks like just being lvl 100 and having either strider will let you buy the item.

I don't see the mount equipment in any profession.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-04-16 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    So basically all your characters under 100 that can currently use water walking (for free) are going to have to pay 40 gold each (using the exalted character to post the item) if that the ability you want for them.
    I might be missing something here. Sure you can send the item to your alts but how do they actually use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I might be missing something here. Sure you can send the item to your alts but how do they actually use it?

Need to be level 20. Was the character you tried that high?

So it costs 40g (50g if you're not exalted)... Wow going to break the bank on buying some of those...

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    The mount equipment system is bad, in context, it just gets worse.
    If you are going to do a mount equipment system, why not incorporate a system like Neverwinter that has real benefits.

Im mixed about this. I farmed the rep back in MoP for this mount, and it was cool having it. It more or less feels like Blizzard is taking something away from me, even though we get the waterwalking on all mounts.

It was a cool thing to have. And lets be honest, it does not require lot of work these days. Park one of your alts at the anglers vendor in pandaland and do the dailys everyday. Or buy the rep tokens from timewalking vendor.

I bet this mount equipment system will bite Blizzard in the ass down the road. Not quite sure how, but in some way.

BTW - Must any character be lvl 100+ before using the waterwalking ability? Or is it enough having one character over that lvl to have it work on lets say a lvl 42?