Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How will Blizzard redeem the Horde player character?

At the moment things are looking pretty grim for the Horde PC:

If you side with Sylvanas, you are actively snitching on major Horde leaders and betraying their trust. Should the rebellion win, the PC will never be trusted by the other Horde leaders again. That's assuming the PC is not just outright executed after Sylvanas is deposed.

If you side with the rebellion, you are actively committing treason. Should Sylvanas win, the PC will undoubtedly be summarily executed.

Things get even more grim if you take into account the whole Xal'atath / Gift of N'Zoth fiasco. Should you keep N'Zoth's gift, not only are you committing a grave crime against both the Alliance and the Horde, you are also putting the entire universe in dire jeopardy. It is very unbecoming of the "champion" of Azeroth to consort with an Old God.

And even if you cleanse N'Zoth's gift, you still heed his call and give Xal'atath to Sylvanas leading directly to untold casualties in the lead up to Nazjatar.

I think there's only 2 viable scenarios:

1) N'Zoth completely decimates both the Alliance and the Horde and makes the PC his prime enforcer
    2) Nozdormu shatters the timelines and resets everything to pre-BfA

As someone who gets invested in his character's story and roleplays a bit, BfA is making me kind of worried. At this point I'd rather hand myself over to Anduin and beg him to absolve me of my sins than continue with the Horde / N'Zoth story.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2019-04-18 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

If you side with Sylvanas, you are actively snitching on major Horde leaders and betraying their trust. Should the rebellion win, the PC will never be trusted by the other Horde leaders again. That's assuming the PC is not just outright executed after Sylvanas is deposed.

If you side with the rebellion, you are actively committing treason. Should Sylvanas win, the PC will undoubtedly be summarily executed.

Things get even more grim if you take into account the whole Xal'atath / Gift of N'Zoth fiasco. Should you keep N'Zoth's gift, not only are you committing a grave crime against both the Alliance and the Horde, you are also putting the entire universe in dire jeopardy. It is very unbecoming of the "champion" of Azeroth to consort with an Old God.

And even if you cleanse N'Zoth's gift, you still heed his call and give Xal'atath to Sylvanas leading directly to untold casualties in the lead up to Nazjatar.

1) N'Zoth completely decimates both the Alliance and the Horde and makes the PC his prime enforcer

As someone who gets invested in his character's story and roleplays a bit, BfA is making me kind of worried. At this point I'd rather hand myself over to Anduin and beg him to absolve me of my crimes rather than continue with the Horde / N'Zoth story.
    pre_Bfa? please make it pre wc3

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They don’t need to be redeemed. Treason is a non issue in the horde as litteraly every horde member has done it in the past. Helping the forsaken is another non issue as the pc has been doing horrible things for them since wrath.

The Horde PC is literally behind Sylvanas becoming an Old God puppet by first freeing Xal and giving the knife to N'zoth and then by passing the knife to Sylvanas so she can become a mindslave. Even outside of their treasonous shenanigans, the Horde PC is the sole reason 8.2 happens.

And we do it all for 10g.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Horde PC is literally behind Sylvanas becoming an Old God puppet by first freeing Xal and giving the knife to N'zoth and then by passing the knife to Sylvanas so she can become a mindslave. Even outside of their treasonous shenanigans, the Horde PC is the sole reason 8.2 happens.

And a toy!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve done worse for less!

How will Blizzard redeem the Horde player character?
    The same way they redeemed AU Grom Hellscream and made the Iron Horde become allies with the Alliance, Horde and the AU Draenei.

(by doing it instantaneously with zero story)

That's nothing, we genocide entire species for toys and funny hats.

That's what I'm saying. The Horde PC's actions makes sense if you assume that he is 100% in cahoots with N'Zoth. Right now the Horde PC is one of the evilest characters in the history of Warcraft.

And it's not evil Arthas-style misguided evil. It's just plain good ol' chaotic evil.

As someone who gets invested in his character's story and roleplays a bit, BfA is making me kind of worried. At this point I'd rather hand myself over to Anduin and beg him to absolve me of my sins than continue with the Horde / N'Zoth story.
    They're gonna patch it together somehow. It'll turn out Sylvanas was doing something good after all or something.
    Or maybe they're really working on that third faction huh?

Question is, how do you redeem a psychopathic mass murdering yes man who'd sell his own mother for 10 gold in the first place!

no. they question is how will blizzard redeem themselves to the horde players. they screwed our faction over and see nothing wrong with it. then wonder why people are upset. the writers are literally not allowed to read negative feedback.
    Last edited by Traveler Voltin; 2019-04-18 at 07:30 PM.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Question is, how do you redeem a psychopathic mass murdering yes man who'd sell his own mother for 10 gold in the first place!
    Easy, you hire that hobo to do your bidding, honestly challenging the PC and his army is asking a painful death, which is why I believe Saurfang could die in a raid to face his "honorable death" like Nazgrim.

Also I am wanting major opportunities like Azeroth itself to save our ass with declaring us her champion and will enforcer
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-04-18 at 07:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Easy, you hire that hobo to do your bidding, honestly challenge the PC and his army is asking a painful death, which is why I believe Saurfang could die in a raid to face his "honorable death" like Nazgrim.

Also I am wanting major opportunities like Azeroth itself to save our ass with declaring us her champion and will enforcer
    We should probably have major NPCs and villains hold an auction for PC's services. One big bidding war is all we really need to usher in era of Warchief Gallywix.

1- "*squints eyes at you* "I know very well of your crimes, XxJerkfFace69xX, but what you did worked in our favor in the end and for that, I am willing to forgive you. Should you overstep again I will cleave you myself!"

or

2-"It wasn't your doing, XxJerkfFace69xX, N'zoth's vile whispers had complete control over your actions - a curse that we orcs know well. Rejoice, my friend, for you are now free as a proud member of the horde once more! FOR THE HORDE!"

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no redemption
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I was upset about the whole Teldrassil thing being an Alliance NE player, it really does seem like Blizz put in the "omg you're totes making a choice with consequences" as a spur of the moment thing and didn't think it through for the Horde PC. Everything is clearly building up to something big and beyond just N'Zoth and Azshara, but we'll see and I don't have much faith at this point storywise but more content is always great!

I'm still waiting for when the Alliance are going to have their supposed in-fighting moment if they ever have it, but as for the Horde I just feel kinda bad for both the old honor dudes and the Sylvanas fanbois.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Ways they could "redeem" the player (taken from their previous works and/or world war 2):

We get an extra szene from before the war where Malfurion tells us to "just play along for now". Which gives you moral immunity.

Greymane comes over and is all "grr...smash evil Horde!" but then some Voidlord does a tentacle thing and we have to conveniently delay that for later. And then we just forget about it.

"Us Horde Citizens? We didnt know nothing! Tree? What Tree? I wondered where that tree went. No, I dont know why it's gone. Thought it just moved away or something. You see...we just didnt know nothing!"

We find out that Sylvanas is actually an angel working in mysterious ways which makes doing evil stuff in her name okay. Because that's how ethics work.

Talanji gives us a stern talking to and then we look sad for a while.
    Last edited by owbu; 2019-04-18 at 08:09 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

2) Nozdormu shatters the timelines and resets everything to pre-BfA.
    You're actually a genius. This is seems so accurate is scary. Even more enforced considering Blizzard's been talking about a level reset, and this is the perfect way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogbunabali View Post
    You're actually a genius. This is seems so accurate is scary. Even more enforced considering Blizzard's been talking about a level reset, and this is the perfect way to do it.
    Would be terrible, but a part of me actually likes the idea... that big has the ammount of disasters been... except their writing is'nt getting any better just because they reset.