I'm glad they are implementing a catch-up mechanic. I stopped playing because I got bored of doing the same thing every week and was disappointed when the new content dropped and I couldn't do it because I didn't bother to get up to the cap before I stopped playing so it's good to know it won't take long to get up to the point where I can do the new stuff.

So it looks like theres a "buuut" they left out the vidoc: https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...80701565956096

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So it looks like theres a "buuut" they left out the vidoc: https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...80701565956096
    The change to eververse is mentioned the "This week at Bungie" post. The vidocs aren't really used to talk about eververse.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47660

Destiny Dev Team: Last year, we talked about our efforts to give you more control over how you purchase Eververse items. We released the Prismatic Matrix as an experiment to partially address this, but we believe we can do even better.

For Season of the Drifter, we want to try something new. We will be removing the Prismatic Matrix. Instead, every week, there will be unique bundles available that can be directly purchased for Silver, allowing you to directly buy exactly the items you want. All unique bundles will also contain an exclusive vanity item available only through that weekly bundle.

If you currently have any Prismatic facets, you can still use them up until March 5. After the beginning of the new season, they will turn into Expired Prismatic Facets that will dismantle into 150 Bright Dust. The Bright Dust Storefront will also continue to offer a direct path to acquiring items found within Bright Engrams.

As always, we will continue to monitor feedback and work to improve the Eververse experience each season. And when we are ready to try something new, we will share those plans directly with you. For now, here are a few items you can expect to see in next Season’s Bright Engram:

Yeah, they're going to get a bunch of flak for that. I get the idea behind it and it makes sense...until you start thinking about how it would play out outside of the vacuum of just that idea. They're offering a direct path towards a lot of RNG cosmetics which folks have wanted...but it comes alongside the removal of the only way to get those cosmetics without spending money - even if players have to rely on RNG.

There was no way removing that would lead to any positive reaction from players, they're losing something of value (free cash shop loot) without receiving something of equal value. Instead they're being told to pony up the money period, which is fine but they should have known would have been unpopular.

Interestingly, this pretty much confirms that a lot of the cash shop shenanigans were likely coming from Bungie rather than Activision. I get that Bungie likely needs to bump up their revenue generation now that they're on their own (likely can't touch the NetEase money for Destiny and they can't dip into Activisions war-chest anymore) and that's totally fine, but this was not a good way to go about achieving those goals : /

I'm fully expecting the usual YouTube crowd to blow this way outta proportion though.

Honestly, it's a good idea. Instead of paying for a random item, albeit from a smaller item pool, you can now just buy what you want directly. I just don't get why they thought to remove the free item you get each week would be a good idea. Personally I don't care because I could care less about the cosmetic stuff but people are gonna get pissed over losing free anything.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Honestly, it's a good idea. Instead of paying for a random item, albeit from a smaller item pool, you can now just buy what you want directly. I just don't get why they thought to remove the free item you get each week would be a good idea. Personally I don't care because I could care less about the cosmetic stuff but people are gonna get pissed over losing free anything.
    Except now the free chance at cash shop loot is gone. Again, when you put the change into fuller context it's not a clear overall benefit for players, and for a huge number who don't want to spend it's a straight negative for them. Remember, Bungie set these expectations with the free RNG things in part as a reaction to the continued largely negative sentiment about Eververse, so they started this whole thing.

They removed the free stuff because they want more money, plain and simple. If they left it in the game there's be less incentive for folks to buy shit since they'd continue to hope they'll get what they want from free RNG boxes.

Your last sentence is spot on, and it's decisions like this that make me continue to question Bungie as a developer. I get this isn't a design decision, but this is pretty fuckin basic behavioral and monetization shit that anyone working professionally on monetization should know.

correct me if I'm wrong but from what i was reading, the gear boost is ONLY for owners of season pass? so its NOT for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong but from what i was reading, the gear boost is ONLY for owners of season pass? so its NOT for everyone?
    If you're referring to the surge bounties I'm not sure. I would assume they are only for annual pass owners since they are the only ones who would actually need the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    If you're referring to the surge bounties I'm not sure. I would assume they are only for annual pass owners since they are the only ones who would actually need the boost.
    I'm talking about this post right here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50906015

the everyone part is what got me a little confused, because I'm assuming at least that not everyone bought the season pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm talking about this post right here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50906015

the everyone part is what got me a little confused, because I'm assuming at least that not everyone bought the season pass.
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Non-annual pass activities do not require high light level.
    Older activities like Leviathan / Whisper of the worm quest don't care about your light level, if you are above 300 something.
    Season of the drifter will have bounties that will reward blue light level 640 items for the returning(?) players.
    But the points are:
    - if you don't have the DLCs why would you need the light level boost asap?
    - both annual pass players and the non-annual pass ones can earn daily / weekly light upgrades very easy as it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Non-annual pass activities do not require high light level.
    Older activities like Leviathan / Whisper of the worm quest don't care about your light level, if you are above 300 something.
    Season of the drifter will have bounties that will reward blue light level 640 items for the returning(?) players.
    But the points are:
    - if you don't have the DLCs why would you need the light level boost asap?
    - both annual pass players and the non-annual pass ones can earn daily / weekly light upgrades very easy as it is...
    I have DLC's. I don't have annual pass. i literally merely questioned if saying "everyone gets 640 gear" statement. becasue it doesn't seem like everyone does. it has nothing to do whether I need it or not (not your call to make anyways), merely saying that NO, not everyone, even among those who have forsaken - are getting this catch-up mechanic thingie. I was just clarifying that it has to do specifically with ownership of season pass. saying everyone without qualification - is misleading.

Im thinking jump into destiny 2 but not sure if need season or not im confused about that .

BTW (i hope they dont release destiny 3 soonish D)

I like the catchup mechanism, but other than that meh. Gambit was fun at the start, until it turned into the whole 4stack 1k/queensbreaker meta. Hopefully the changes will adress that because otherwise i don't see myself coming back, especially since gambit is the focus of the dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post
    Im thinking jump into destiny 2 but not sure if need season or not im confused about that .

BTW (i hope they dont release destiny 3 soonish D)
    You do not need the Annual Pass, I would just get the game on its own (with Forsaken) and then you can decide later if you want the Annual Pass. No need to worry about Destiny 3 just yet as they still have one more major content update planned for later this year.

So I've been enjoying the new content, Gambit Prime and Reckoning are a lot of fun though I 'd be surprised If I'm able to do Tier 2 this week. As a bonus thanks to the surge bounties I can also tackle the Black Armory content which I skipped due to not wanting to grind in order to do it. Nice to be playing Destiny 2 again though I do intend to play Division 2 next week I will return to this at some point as I have a lot to do.

So i was looking through my PSN library for some stuff to redownload after clearing some finished games for more space and went "Oh yeah, i guess i owned destiny 2?" and i had legit forgot i owned the game. I asked around if anyone i know every got past the season of the forge stuff and everyone i know, many who played D1 hardcore every day to the end of Rise of Iron, haven't touched the game in forever.

So who is actually still playing? it feels like after the activision split the game fell off a cliff into a chasm and wasn't heard from again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i was looking through my PSN library for some stuff to redownload after clearing some finished games for more space and went "Oh yeah, i guess i owned destiny 2?" and i had legit forgot i owned the game. I asked around if anyone i know every got past the season of the forge stuff and everyone i know, many who played D1 hardcore every day to the end of Rise of Iron, haven't touched the game in forever.

So who is actually still playing? it feels like after the activision split the game fell off a cliff into a chasm and wasn't heard from again.
    There are still hundreds of thousands of players, I never have issues grouping up for content. Forsaken breathed new life to the game.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    There are still hundreds of thousands of players, I never have issues grouping up for content. Forsaken breathed new life to the game.
    Verifiable source that it's "hundreds of thousands"?

Because I find that hard to believe.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Verifiable source that it's "hundreds of thousands"?

Because I find that hard to believe.
    Found this with a little search. Don't know how accurate it is.

https://destinytracker.com/
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Found this with a little search. Don't know how accurate it is.

https://destinytracker.com/
    Honestly if that's accurate then I'm actually impressed.

Of course it will be across all 3 platforms but to say it's held 500-600k or so after all this then not bad.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-18 at 09:02 PM.