Poll: Texas vs California

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Tornadoes are everywhere, its earthquakes versus hurricanes.
    No not really. There are high prone areas/states and areas/states that maybe have one very 50 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    State taxes really do not matter much since the IRS allows you to deduct state taxes from your income tax. Californians may pay a bunch of state tax, but Texans pay a bunch more federal tax to even it out.

I've lived in both and the biggest deciding factor is climate. I cannot stand Texas climate and I can only imagine the people who live there have never left the state, because if they did they'd pack up and move as soon as possible.
    Yeah I think you need to lay off the crack. Federal taxes are based on income and household size not state. That’s why they’re called federal taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I'd take the politics and attitude of califfornia and the cost of living of Texas. But i'd much rather just stay where i am.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    from an european view it is Cali.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ranzino But what about the German settlers in Texas? At one time there was even Texasdeutsch!

https://www.sacurrent.com/Flavor/arc...usage-and-beer
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I guess the answer is California, because it'd be cheaper to fly to Canada from there.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's possible to have a view of the world where you don't want either of those types forcing their worldview on you.
    What worldview would California force on you, anyway?
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2019-04-20 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I know people who live in both. Both say it's the best but talk about moving Haha

Texas is a way better state than CA. Theres too many people in the big cities in CA. Traffic terrible. Taxes terrible. Government interference in almost every aspect of your life terrible.

Texas all you have to worry about is hurricanes. CA doesnt even have water even though they are right next to the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    CA only for the weather. Otherwise, if both had the same weather, Texas easy.
    This.... maybe. It's a really tough one, weather in CA is so nice but it is so ruined by liberals. It would honestly take me a long hard think to decide. As someone else said, Id go between them, Arizona or Nevada, warm dry weather but not retarded laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What worldview would California force on you, anyway?
    would likely be the first state to start banning shit if it were ever legal. speech, guns, anything wrongthink.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Cali. not even a question. there is literally nothing in the world that would compel me to move to texas. one of the worst states in the union.

- - - Updated - - -

even austin isnt that great because the city is so gerrymandered that the left-wing residents have no power over their own city, its all delegated to the rednecks in the surrounding hills.
    Kind of like the Cities ruin it for everyone else in CA? Don't see you crying about that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Also the forum here has MASS amounts of people from CALI - also cali outnumbers us in TX by a LONG shot so it's pretttttty baised considering the forum is based off of WOW and most people live in CALI to begin with.. but LMAO
    I wouldn't get too worked up over some internet forum poll.
    /s

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been to California ( stationed there when I was in the Army ) and had a chance once to get a much higher paying job there, which offered me all moving expenses paid. I did some research and that along with my experience being there, it was not a hard decision to turn it down. Never been to Texas, but from what I have read and heard about it, it would also be a easy decision. Texas by far.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    People saying one has better food than the other: don't you people ever cook? I can't imagine choosing where to live simply based on which has the least crappy restaurant food.
    Speciation Is Gradual

5+ Year Old Account
    Texas, because you can actually afford to live there if you're not a millionaire.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    People saying one has better food than the other: don't you people ever cook? I can't imagine choosing where to live simply based on which has the least crappy restaurant food.
    Lol! Well I really like Mexican food and they both have that. But I agree, that would not even make my list of considerations. I am sure both states have a Burger King.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Only California west of the Coastal range or in the High Sierra is worth it. Everywhere else is a dump. Though some of SoCal is good.

Texas is way more affordable, like infinitely and there is no end in sight for the housing crisis. Cost of Living is a major factor that just sucks in California. But if you live in those two areas the weather is alright and its the place with the most fun stuff to do.

Texas, I am unsure what is fun in Texas and there isn't the kind of ecological diversity you will get in California. Plus it can get horrifically humid I'm told and of course Tornados and Hurricanes exist. But in terms of ability to afford to live, it wins out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I have lived in both. Was in San Francisco and moved to Austin about 6 years ago.

Between the two cities I didn't notice much difference outside of San Francisco being insanely more expensive and Austin having a lot more space in and around the city. Sure Texas has worse weather without a doubt but it lacks the every decade or so an earthquake ruining your life until things get back in order (I grew up in Cali). People like to make these satellite view/statistical judgments of people and palaces but truth be told people are just people wherever you go most of the time and are just trying to go about their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could live on the coast in CA. But, I'll never make that kind of money, even if I hit the lottery.

I wanted to move to north CA back in 09, but after calculating the cost of living I would be taking a 12% pay cut, even with TX property taxes factored into the equation.

But, there is no better vacation state than CA. Maybe Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    California has a huge homeless problem. You don't really see that in Texas. California gets to many tech giants in an area causing rent and prices to go up. Hurting alot of the neighborhoods there. California politicians seem more focused on Trump then actually helping there state with its homeless issue. Now imagine if all the illegals get sent to sanctuary cities. California is gonna be a heavily populated state if it happens.
    Do you think a few select cities in California = The entirety of the state?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) California Coast
    2) Austin, TX
    3) Anywhere else in California
    4) Any other big city in TX
    5) Eat a bullet
    6) Anywhere else in TX
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect