Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Thanks God there's still hope. I can't believe people are defending militias detaining people at gun point.

Atleast some of us haven't lost their minds yet.
    That guy was arrested because he was a felon and wasn't allowed to have a gun. He should go to jail for that absolutely.

That is detached from the issue at hand though. These people did nothing that the police don't also do based on the video. They weren't actually holding people at gunpoint, they just had guns which is totally legal. You don't even need a permit to open carry in new mexico.

What are people supposed to do? The government refuses to do its job so now people have to do it for them. We increasingly don't have a choice but to take matters into our own hands. The government takes your money and gives it to people who aren't even legally allowed to be here. Soon we won't even be able to pay for the programs we have like social security let alone pay for all of the poor people rushing into our country expecting handouts that are stolen from the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    for what its worth, being a cop or a vet does not mean you cant be racist.
    Zero evidence of racism, though, which your whole argument was 'no evidence of felony' in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    Cool. Jaywalking and speeding are also crimes. Can I come take you hostage at gun point whenever you commit such terribad crimes? And if you attempt to flee before the authorities come....well, you might guess what would have happened to those people.
    If you read the article you would know what their plans were for if they tried to leave, oops. Btw, crimes not enforced by anyone =/= crimes trying to be enforced constantly with not enough people.

Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    -snip-
    This is part of the problem though, and also part of the reason CBP has said they don't want the militias patrolling. This man has to have known that he was not permitted to carry a gun, and was still willing to do so and dumb enough to let himself get filmed doing something illegal. So there's a couple points here.

He is acting illegally to catch people he claims are acting illegally, which makes him look hypocritical and stupid.
    He is willing to knowing break the law once in a scenario that involves running around with guns rounding up families. If you were the actual legal authority in charge of operations in that area, is this someone you would trust to be acting in an extralegal capacity? No. It just gives fuel to the "Well if he is already taking one illegal action what else is he willing to do?" attitude.
    His actions also feed directly into the opposition to militias as he's just handing them ammo to use for no real reason, he could have very easily gone along without a firearm or at least have had the presence of mind to not allow himself to get caught on camera or at the VERY LEAST looked at the footage before it was posted to social media. The fact that he was dumb enough to fail on all of these means he probably shouldn't be part of an armed group rounding up people in the desert at night.

You see the problems here? I mean, say a person was neutral on militias, which way do you think something like this would tip someone? And he guts the argument "Well these are law abiding citizens protecting their country!" again for no reason. When you've got people accusing you of being ignorant racists operating to illegally detain people you don't lean into that, and if you're fucking dumb enough to do so you're just making their point for them.

Not sure that asylum seeking is a good enough reason to be held at gunpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    History repeats itself. Once upon a time it was the Chinese, Italians, and Irish that were flooding the country that people were prejudice against.
    *Shares a border with Chinese, Italians, and the Irish. Wait a minute..*

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, for the party of 'law and order', a lot of anti-American Trumpkin cultists are celebrating terrorists taking the law into their own hands.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this thread the bleeding hearts vs the LAW IS RULE faction?

Either America and Mexico cooperate and find a way to fix this or poor people just continue to flee Mexico/Central America to come to the land of milk and handouts. Let's call a spade a spade: it's poor people with no future coming here adding to the poor people count, no matter how emotionally or pragmatically you look at it.

Why there is even a border between Mexico is mystifying to me at this point. They don't obey it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    *Shares a border with Chinese, Italians, and the Irish. Wait a minute..*
    Are you pretending to be obtuse or are you just that talented? All three of those groups faced discrimination from 'real' Americans and were portrayed as invaders, vermin, criminals, drains on society, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

Either America and Mexico cooperate and find a way to fix this or poor people just continue to flee Mexico/Central America to come to the land of milk and handouts. Let's call a spade a spade: it's poor people with no future coming here adding to the poor people count, no matter how emotionally or pragmatically you look at it.

Why there is even a border between Mexico is mystifying to me at this point. They don't obey it.
    These terrorists were breaking the law, bud.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2019-04-21 at 01:11 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

15+ Year Old Account
    I know you're raging, but do try to quote the right people lol.

What are people supposed to do? The government refuses to do its job so now people have to do it for them. We increasingly don't have a choice but to take matters into our own hands. The government takes your money and gives it to people who aren't even legally allowed to be here. Soon we won't even be able to pay for the programs we have like social security let alone pay for all of the poor people rushing into our country expecting handouts that are stolen from the rest of us.
    Government giving money to illegals? Have I missed a memo or are you just that ignorant?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

This is a grotesque generalization, no less racist than Trump's remarks that the immigrants who come to the US are nothing more than drugdealers, rapists and thieves.

I am an aspiring immigrant to the US. Don't you dare to accuse me of being a leech with no future. I have training, and education, and plans to make a career for myself when I make it to the US.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    This is a grotesque generalization, no less racist than Trump's remarks that the immigrants who come to the US are nothing more than drugdealers, rapists and thieves.

I am an aspiring immigrant to the US. Don't you dare to accuse me of being a leech with no future. I have training, and education, and plans to make a career for myself when I make it to the US.
    If you do it legally, you will be welcomed with open arms.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If you do it legally, you will be welcomed with open arms.
    Not according to MANY people here.

Asked many times. Why are republicans trying to limit LEGAL immigration if they dont have a problem with immigrants?

7+ Year Old Account
    These people did nothing that the police don't also do based on the video.
    And yet they're not the police. They've no authority.

They weren't actually holding people at gunpoint, they just had guns which is totally legal.
    If those families are afraid to leave for fear of being shot, they're effectively being held at gunpoint. Held illegally, I might add.

What are people supposed to do?
    Vote in people who will do something.

The government refuses to do its job so now people have to do it for them.
    Except the people don't have the right to take the law into their own hands. Besides, if those people are going to do what should be done, they wouldn't be rounding up families, they'd be in legislative halls getting reasonable immigration legislation passed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    It is why we are the strongest nation in the world and Canada doesn't even make the top 10. Go back to your soy latte, buttercup.
    Never had a soy latte before for any latte for that matter. Being the "strongest" nation doesn't make you the best.

And?

Good point. Borders should be abolished.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Either America and Mexico cooperate and find a way to fix this or poor people just continue to flee Mexico/Central America to come to the land of milk and handouts.
    Just your daily reminder that immigrants are not eligible for benefits. Unlike native born Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

That is detached from the issue at hand though. These people did nothing that the police don't also do based on the video.
    You say that as thought what the police do is ethical.

What are people supposed to do?
    Uh, live their lives normally? Is this a trick question?

The government refuses to do its job so now people have to do it for them. We increasingly don't have a choice but to take matters into our own hands.
    And yet when people say that in regards to defending themselves against white nationalists (who, unlike immigrants, are actually hurting people), you throw a temper tantrum. Why?

The government takes your money and gives it to people who aren't even legally allowed to be here.
    True. They should take more money from billionaires and corporations for that.

Soon we won't even be able to pay for the programs we have like social security let alone pay for all of the poor people rushing into our country expecting handouts that are stolen from the rest of us.
    Who told you we don't have the means to fund those programs?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Because the situation is plural chief. There is many problems at the border.
    List them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Sure. And why stop at the border states?
    You could have paramilitary groups of armed patriots roaming the whole country rounding up suspicious looking latinos. I mean, a lot of them must have slipped through the gaps and there could be terrorists among them. Or what's even worse, some might have made it to some swing state where they and their children could end up voting for the democrats.
    ICE seems to be woefully overburdened, so maybe set up a few camps here and there where you can keep them while their legal status is clarified, only temporarily ofc.
    Also, you wouldn't want to give illegals free food and shelter. That just encourages the rest to try and enter the US. So putting them to work is the only reasonable option.

/s
    You could say this is slippery slope but so many here would slide down on it all the way to the bottom