Confirmed Bills at Dallas for the 4 pm Thanksgiving game.

Man, let's jump through some Thanksgiving Feast tables.

Only 1 EST early game this year for once, and it is the Bills. Last time Denver had to do that they lost to a Rick Dennison led offense, which is impressively bad.

Denver gets to play the Raiders in week 1 and 17. Week 17 divisional games between 2 bad teams where its half practice squad players are always fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, wish the Saints/Rams game had come later in the season, or been a prime time game, gonna be a hot day.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Man, wish the Saints/Rams game had come later in the season, or been a prime time game, gonna be a hot day.
    I'm confused at this one as well. This was screaming to be a prime time late season game for Playoff pushes. Instead it is a week 2 late game with the Saints coming off a Monday night game at home.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...228171354.html

"Tyreek Hill’s son removed from parents’ custody amid battery, abuse investigation"

Still nothing conclusive has been revealed to the media abotu who bears responsibility here and what exactly is going on with the child, but this would certainly not be a good look for Hill, even if no conclusions can be drawn about his involvement in the child alledgedly getting hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    So whats happening... the NFL sort of admitted they screwed over the Raiders and Bucs in the scheduling department, and Mike Mayock is SUPER paranoid about draft leaks. I wonder how many he was privy to when on the other side of things.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So whats happening... the NFL sort of admitted they screwed over the Raiders and Bucs in the scheduling department, and Mike Mayock is SUPER paranoid about draft leaks. I wonder how many he was privy to when on the other side of things.
    Apparently the plan with the Raiders was to fire everyone after the draft anyway.

Could argue this is just a new GM wanting to bring in his own guys rather than the last GM's guys. But with Gruden there I can't help but feel this is another stage in the Raiders Train Wreck.

Also this week in dumb draft takes. It's suddenly become common thought that the Packers should draft a QB at 12. Even though, you know, they have a GOAT and the only two possibly good QBs figure to go top 5.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Changes in scouting usually happen when the draft is over, not when teams make FO changes. Makes sense for a team that is planning on not bringing their scouts back to not let them have any information. Only reason anyone is making a big deal about this is because it is Gruden and Mayock.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    the only two possibly good QBs figure to go top 5.
    Are you telling me the Daniel Jones hype train is a lie??

15+ Year Old Account
    Also this week in dumb draft takes. It's suddenly become common thought that the Packers should draft a QB at 12. Even though, you know, they have a GOAT and the only two possibly good QBs figure to go top 5.
    Meh. Worked for them drafting Rodgers when they had Favre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Meh. Worked for them drafting Rodgers when they had Favre.
    Favre was 35 when Rodgers was drafted, A-A-ron is 35 now, so its not outside the realm of possibility, but it still seems unlikely unless an opportunity presents itself as happened with Rodgers falling in the draft.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The Raiders are always going to be screwed so long as their home is needed for baseball season.

Mayock going full shut down on draft leaks could be a case that they've already sorted out business and know their draft board. Which makes a nice change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favre was 35 when Rodgers was drafted, A-A-ron is 35 now, so its not outside the realm of possibility, but it still seems unlikely unless an opportunity presents itself as happened with Rodgers falling in the draft.
    It probably will never happen again. Teams will trade up if they think a guy is a 1st round QB, and you have to imagine there's more pressing needs even if someone fell to 12.

These days if you're looking for a Favre-Rodgers transition you need to be doing your homework on the Day 2 guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    It probably will never happen again. Teams will trade up if they think a guy is a 1st round QB, and you have to imagine there's more pressing needs even if someone fell to 12.
    Texans did it two years ago and took Watson at 12.

Because Mitch went at 2 and the Chiefs traded up to get Mahomes at 10 (with us hapless Bills). Watson was still the 3rd QB off the board. I wanted Watson that year too (but will readily admit I was pretty gun shy about Mahomes).

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, can you imagine being at 10, needing a QB, and not taking either Mahomes or Watson, who are sitting right there?

Jesus, it still makes me mildly ill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Because Mitch went at 2 and the Chiefs traded up to get Mahomes at 10 (with us hapless Bills). Watson was still the 3rd QB off the board. I wanted Watson that year too (but will readily admit I was pretty gun shy about Mahomes).

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, can you imagine being at 10, needing a QB, and not taking either Mahomes or Watson, who are sitting right there?

Jesus, it still makes me mildly ill.
    Time will tell on that one, since they did come away with a couple good defensive players.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Bills signed TJ Yeldon. I'm a fan, though I know he's not the best RB around. Wish the Chiefs would have grabbed him for some more depth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russell Wilson bought 13 of his offensive linemen 12k in Amazon stock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Russell Wilson bought 13 of his offensive linemen 12k in Amazon stock.
    He knows who makes him look good at least.

So apparently the Raiders are planning some sort of "Surprise Pick at #4" according to Ian Rappaport. Sourced.

The fact that a certain Josh Rosen is still a Cardinal makes me increasingly suspicious that "Surprise" is trading up to #1.

10+ Year Old Account
    So starting too plan my USA trip. At the moment will be starting in Las Vegas and doing a grand canyon tour and then going down too Phoenix for my very first NFL game Falcons v Cards. Make my way too Atlanta and watch Falcons v Rams & Seahawks, then travelling too New Orleans for the Saints vs Falcons. I'll watch Panters v Falcons on TV and then travelling back to ATL for the next 3 games. (Bucs, Saints, Panthers) and then going home. Obviously in the downtime between games I'll be doing tourist stuff. But this trips main focus is attending as many NFL games live I possibly can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    So starting too plan my USA trip. At the moment will be starting in Las Vegas and doing a grand canyon tour and then going down too Phoenix for my very first NFL game Falcons v Cards. Make my way too Atlanta and watch Falcons v Rams & Seahawks, then travelling too New Orleans for the Saints vs Falcons. I'll watch Panters v Falcons on TV and then travelling back to ATL for the next 3 games. (Bucs, Saints, Panthers) and then going home. Obviously in the downtime between games I'll be doing tourist stuff. But this trips main focus is attending as many NFL games live I possibly can.
    Wow, that's quite the trip! Hope you have fun

- - - Updated - - -

"In a turn of events, 49ers’ franchise kicker Robbie Gould has pulled his contract proposals that he sent to San Francisco and told the team he will not negotiate or sign a long-term deal with them, and he would like to be traded, Gould said Tuesday." - Schefter

Well, there's a story that's going to come out and cause waves soon, bet on it.

Didn't Gould indicate before the season that he might want to sign back with Chicago? Going to be hilarious if that's what he's trying to force here, due to some currently unknown slight by the Niners.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and then this:

"Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal." - Rapoport

KC moving and Seahawks getting picks back after trading most of them.

- - - Updated - - -

"The #Chiefs need to work out a long-term deal with #Seahawks pass-rusher Frank Clark, who also needs to pass a physical for this trade to be official. At the least, KC understands where the Clark deal will likely come in and it is workable. Must be done before the draft" - Rapoport

Seems like this is close to done, barring the usual stuff. Unless Clark plays hardball, Chiefs should have their new pass rusher.