Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Putin is a remarkable man and deserves the utmost respect of his compatriots.
    Only thing he deserves is to be laughed at and ridiculed considering he's a mafioso trying to play a statesman. Only two people on this planet out-do him in the ridiculousness. Those two are trump and kim. Hard to rank those two, since they keep out-ridiculing each other through their fan club.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Too bad Obama didn't pass it, eh?
    Wouldnt matter to me who passed it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    What? If you publicly slander a person, you might get slapped with a fine, if it goes to court and you're found guilty (Like the shitshow between junes lokka and that reporter). It's not exclusive to politicians, though, which I think they meant here.
    Yes, it's not exclusive to politicians. We have quite strict slander laws here. We don't have free speech in such way it is in eg. USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, recently 2 guys here went in big trouble for criticizing left wing politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes, it's not exclusive to politicians. We have quite strict slander laws here. We don't have free speech in such way it is in eg. USA.
    That I agree with (it's way too strict).
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Doesnt have to be a politician. You can get fined for insulting just about anybody in Germany.

Not that anyone other than the police and stuck up snob people would ever make use of that though.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    In your country, do you face a fine for insulting politicians?
    Not yet, but the Resident is working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    In your country, do you face a fine for insulting politicians?
    Is this a dystopian clown world thread?
    I'll post one...

“to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

This looks like "What happened to the internet" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Yeah, so how does one clean up the toxic waste dump of the internet without treading on free speech. Left to their own devices, humans get more toxic, not less.
    The answer is to make people responsible for their own emotional state rather than dictating the expression of others to make them feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    What? If you publicly slander a person, you might get slapped with a fine, if it goes to court and you're found guilty (Like the shitshow between junes lokka and that reporter). It's not exclusive to politicians, though, which I think they meant here.
    Spreading lies about someone by saying something demonstrably untrue like "they beat you up and stole your dog" is legally punishable.

Stating an opinion about someone like "Putin is a fuckwit" is not. And that should be especially true for politicians.

This is how you end up with a place like China, where Winnie the Pooh is censored because the thin-skinned president is such a little bitch that he can't stand that political detractors compare him to a cartoon bear.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

@Russia putin is a fuckwit

guys if i commit suicide by shooting myself in the back of the head 4x don't believe it i was murdered

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not yet, but the Resident is working on it.
    Here's a fun bit you may be able to appreciate... insulting someone is a misdemeanor here, with damages to pay (50 bucks or so, something like that). But if you insult him in return, that nullifies the case as the court assumes "if you insult him back, you're even."

Kindergarten logic applied by real world lawyers.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Here's a fun bit you may be able to appreciate... insulting someone is a misdemeanor here, with damages to pay (50 bucks or so, something like that). But if you insult him in return, that nullifies the case as the court assumes "if you insult him back, you're even."

Kindergarten logic applied by real world lawyers.
    I'm not following your point. Insulting someone "here" (in the U.S.) isn't a misdemeanor - it could be, but not just automatically. And insulting back doesn't nullify a misdemeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm not following your point. Insulting someone "here" (in the U.S.) isn't a misdemeanor - it could be, but not just automatically. And insulting back doesn't nullify a misdemeanor.
    Obviously, I'm not from the US. I was telling you a funny detail is all. Nevermind...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Obviously, I'm not from the US. I was telling you a funny detail is all. Nevermind...
    Ah, ok - where you are from. That is interesting. Sorry about not following at first.

I face a 15 day "fine" every time I let the mods here know how incredibly retarded they are. Does that count?

Side-note: Brb 15 days.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Yeah, try that with posting stuff directly about him on facebook.. It has happened that people got "randomly" house searched for speaking up against him (Remember Rékasi Károly's son).
    By law it shouldnt happen in Hungary, but law means little here nowadays..
    Unfortunately, it is true.

No i call them idiots all the time. Our politicians that is our king is badass.