Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Israelis should go back to Europe where they came from after WW2.

The land belongs to the Arabs originally living there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Fuck the people in Gaza, feel so sad for the hebrew people that have to deal with this shit.

I hope Israel retaliates on a far bigger scale than ever before.
    If someone breaks into your home and forces you to live in the broom closet, would you not try to fight back?

The Israelis are foreign invaders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    No. If they want to be real victims then they have to accept being killed, similar to how Jews didn't try to kill Germans before and during the Holocaust. If however they fight back, they are no longer victims, but military combatants.
    Fighting back against foreign invaders occupying your land is wrong now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    I think there are a lot of Israelis who don't like how the government treats Palestinians. But what options do these Jews have? Do you let the Muslims wipe Israel off the map?
    The option to go back to Europe, where they came from, and give the land back to the people they stole it from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    In a perfect world, there wouldn't be any government at all.
    Have fun getting murder raped by the local war lord.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Gaza terrorists should have been wiped out a long time ago.
    Defending your home from foreign invaders makes you a terrorist?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Fighting back against foreign invaders occupying your land is wrong now?
    Pretty much yeah, in 2019. It'd be like saying Native Americans ought to start killing Europeans to get the land back. Nobody accepts that as a justification for violence anymore.

Pretty much yeah, in 2019. It'd be like saying Native Americans ought to start killing Europeans to get the land back. Nobody accepts that as a justification for violence anymore.
    So I can come and take your house, slaughter your family, and if you fight back you're the terrorist?

Israeli occupation started after WW2. People are still alive form back then. Should the Palestinians just lay back and accept the genocide?

- - - Updated - - -

Reminder that modern Israelis are European in origin.

The Arabs are the natives of the area.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    So I can come and take your house, slaughter your family, and if you fight back you're the terrorist?

Israeli occupation started after WW2. People are still alive form back then. Should the Palestinians just lay back and accept the genocide?
    You would be a combatant in that scenario, so I could attack you. Similarly combatants among any 2 countries can fight. But targeting civilians is terrorism and always wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Mine wouldn't, we are not in the habit of invading others and stealing their shit. "justifying annexation" is also lulz-worthy. That's illegal under international law. Justifying imperialism?

Fucking. Never.
    Then you have to implode the Romanian society, since at some point in the past it was taken by force.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    maybe Isreal needs to stop its ethnic cleansing.
    Pfff, if they are, then they are incredibly bad at it. One would then ask a logical question - are they even doing it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    You are really making me laugh now, thanks. This people has fought to stay alive for 2000 years. Romans, Byzantines, Avars, Mongols, Huns, Turks, Tatars, Russians, Hungarians, Austrians, there was no end to this onslaught, and when we sacrificed our best men to slow and stop Islam and the Ottoman Empire in Europe, we were paid back with BETRAYAL.

And yes, "it was taken by force", but it was US who suffered that. Our most "imperialistic" desires was unifying the Romanian speaking peoples under one banner, in one country, something that was desperately wanted and lots of blood was shed to achieve that.

Again, not everyone has an imperialistic past of greed. Some of us were on the other end of the stick. Yet we are fine now, and this is about Palestine, which isn't fine.
    Again even if your people have been defending it for the last "2000 years" that still means they would have conquered someone else in the last 2,500 years to get that region in the first place.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You can't hold the position that Hamas are a terrorist group and that they were elected democratically at the same time. Those don't make any fucking sense.
    Hamas was elected in the legislative elections in 2006, which sparked the Fatah-Hamas Conflict. Since then, Hamas has ruled Gaza with an iron fist with zero democracy, they are a self appointed government.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Why are they firing the rockets? That question never gets properly analysed for some reason.
    According to what I've read, the current bout of violence started when 2 Palestinian snipers wounded a couple of Israeli soldiers for whatever reason. Then the Israelis killed a couple of Palestinians (details were a bit sketchy on this). Then it escalated to rocket fire / bombing.

You would be a combatant in that scenario, so I could attack you. Similarly combatants among any 2 countries can fight. But targeting civilians is terrorism and always wrong.
    What's "wrong" is decided by the side that has more power. Certainly, targeting civilians is wrong. But if you target military targets and civilians just happen to be nearby when you attack, that's not really your fault (see: Palestinian casualties)! Possibly the Palestinians are aiming at specific targets too, but we don't really know because they don't come out and tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Israel is the only democracy in the middle east by the way.
    That would only be true for a very specific definition of democracy. So basically, it's only true to people that want it to be true.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That’s true, and a lot of Jews are thankful to America for that. I
    Am, anyway.

On the other hand, maybe Israel should have remained in the only place it matters. In the heart. An internal wrestling with God. Not the materialistic struggle it turned into.
    While I do see your point from a spiritual point of view, many Jews consider it is their promise land and Jerusalem is their holy city. The Wailing Wall for certain, has a significant importance to them even from a spiritual view.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    With the help of the US and the Evangelical community:

Don't forget the Germans with money, nuclear submarines and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm just glad it wasn't a high capacity magazine AR-15. People firing rockets at each other is fine. But if one of them breaks out an AR with more than 10 bullets, we would definitely need to start legislating.
    Yep, because there's no difference at all between a deranged maniac with an AR shooting up a school, and a militarized group firing back at whom they perceive to be usurpers who stole their land.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Just seems to be tons of people on the Left that are perfectly OK with some citizens lobbing 250 rockets at other citizens. So I'm just trying to get onboard. I know we hate AR-15s', so they are bad, but seems these rockets must be OK.
    Where do you get that stupid idea?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    Hamas is trying call the attention for the Palestinians struggle to get their territory back, even though they haven't chosen the best stratategy.

Israel IS the bad guy. It's very foundation lives up to the worst anti-semitic stereotypes.

I don't care about all the talk about it being a democracy or not. If that's a democracy, then F democracy.
    I fail to see how shooting your own citizens is the best solution for trying to reclaim land that wasn't yours in the first place. This solution may make sense to you, but it doesn't to me.
    Who's the bad guy here? the government that doesn't bother bettering the lives of their citizens, leaving them starving in the street and shooting them when they protest? or Israel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    According to what I've read, the current bout of violence started when 2 Palestinian snipers wounded a couple of Israeli soldiers for whatever reason. Then the Israelis killed a couple of Palestinians (details were a bit sketchy on this). Then it escalated to rocket fire / bombing.

What's "wrong" is decided by the side that has more power. Certainly, targeting civilians is wrong. But if you target military targets and civilians just happen to be nearby when you attack, that's not really your fault (see: Palestinian casualties)! Possibly the Palestinians are aiming at specific targets too, but we don't really know because they don't come out and tell us.

That would only be true for a very specific definition of democracy. So basically, it's only true to people that want it to be true.
    So basically everyone living in reality. Here's a link for you to read http://www.sgi-network.org/2018/Isra...y_of_Democracy
    Afterwards you can compare the freedoms you would receive in Israel with another country in the middle east. Take for example, Saudi Arabia.
    Let me know which one has more democratic qualities, Israel or SA.
    Last edited by announced; 2019-05-06 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Israel is going to wipe out the Palestinians and 50 years from now we'll look back and say Oh no, how could this happen? Well, we sure won't let anyone do that anymore!
    Who is going to say that? Yes im sure there are plenty of Americans saying that already. But this is Europe's baby after all. Why is NATO not involved at all? Why aren't all allied nations, Canada, France, England not upset about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    In that case, so does far left shit posting, all that would leave us would be threads like " what's your favorite ice cream" sounds boring to me.
    Gonna stop you and state there is no such thing as the far left. Never has been, never will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    While I do see your point from a spiritual point of view, many Jews consider it is their promise land and Jerusalem is their holy city. The Wailing Wall for certain, has a significant importance to them even from a spiritual view.
    Jerusalem is viewed as the Holy Land for all 3 major Abrahamic religions. The reasonable members of the 3 religions are willing to share it. They do it quite fine. Problems arise when your radicals get involved, Evangelicals, Zionist, name radical Muslim group. Jerusalem should have never been part of the equation when it came to establishing new Israel considering its exceptional cultural significance.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    So basically everyone living in reality. Here's a link for you to read http://www.sgi-network.org/2018/Isra...y_of_Democracy
    Afterwards you can compare the freedoms you would receive in Israel with another country in the middle east. Take for example, Saudi Arabia.
    Let me know which one has more democratic qualities, Israel or SA.
    I'm not sure what you want me to do with this. Your link gives Israel a low ranking for Democracy, and doesn't seem to have any of the other Middle Eastern countries at all... except for Turkey, which it beat in the democracy score for obvious reasons. Does that make Turkey not a democracy at all? It depends on your definition of democracy.

Israel, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Turkey and UAE all have elements of democracy to them, but they can also all be considered flawed to varying extents. Which ones you consider to be democracies is a bit open to interpretation. So my point wasn't that Israel isn't a democracy (I wouldn't go that far), but that it can't be considered the only democracy without going out of your way to ignore it's faults while discarding all the other countries for their faults.

Also, Saudi Arabia is a monarchy so that was a hilariously bad pick from you.

The opinions of Europeans on this count for f-all, given the centuries of utter hatred that continent has for the Jewish people.

The bald eagle and the tribe of Judah stand united against their common enemy. You know who I mean. Can't call evil by its name on this far-Left board.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Jerusalem is viewed as the Holy Land for all 3 major Abrahamic religions. The reasonable members of the 3 religions are willing to share it. They do it quite fine. Problems arise when your radicals get involved, Evangelicals, Zionist, name radical Muslim group. Jerusalem should have never been part of the equation when it came to establishing new Israel considering its exceptional cultural significance.
    It actually wasn't, it was originally (and technically still is) considered to be not owned by either Israel or the Palestinians. Israel took it over later on and the international community complained but did nothing. That's why most places still won't recognise it as Israel's capital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    It actually wasn't, it was originally (and technically still is) considered to be not owned by either Israel or the Palestinians. Israel took it over later on and the international community complained but did nothing. That's why most places still won't recognise it as Israel's capital.
    Definitely realizes various international stances on Israel. Israel also has one of the most influences in the world throwing weight behind Israel's claims to Jerusalem. Other countries are wishing they weren't so supportive in the past. Israel is emboldened with whatever it wants to do with Jerusalem as long as the US is behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    The bald eagle and the tribe of Judah stand united against their common enemy. You know who I mean. Can't call evil by its name on this far-Left board.
    With all due respect to the Israelis who do not deserve Hamas shooting rockets at them, you spelled end times cultists and zionists wrong.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Desperate actions of desperate people who where forced out of their homeland and are now in an open-air prison.
    I'm not debating that, but what is the plan? What do they hope to achieve, in the big picture, by sustained aggression? They hardly kill or even injure anyone compared to the number of missiles but they sure make the Jews pissed.

Or is that the end goal?