Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Nono, I'm 100% in agreement with you. Am berating the crowd of usual suspects that always whinge and pretend to sit on numbers to support their narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here.
    Ahh k no worries sorry bout that, just hard to tell sometimes what is meant when reading replies, and in the process completely misinterpreting what was being said, probably be due to that I should be in bed right now.. lol

But totally agree with you it just gets so tiring and annoying when the usual suspects come marching into a thread, and start their tirade of whinge..

One another thing was watching a vid by Signs of Kelani showing the new naga zone in 8.2 and boy it is looking nice now..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-05-06 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    no it doesnt they can buy it with gold and are in no way required for anything and dont count towards any achievements. sorry this entire narrative is bs
    Yeah it's pathetic really.

541 toys available in the game, 2 of them on the store, a store that one can buy from using in-game gold, yet "it screws over collectors" in his mind. It's astounding, the mental gymnastics of these people.

10+ Year Old Account
    it looks amazing. but i'd rather it had one shoulderpad. and maybe a kneepad.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeah it's pathetic really.

541 toys available in the game, 2 of them on the store, a store that one can buy from using in-game gold, yet "it screws over collectors" in his mind. It's astounding, the mental gymnastics of these people.
    this is the forum and reddit community of today's wow. its annoying as hell. most of their points are moot and a lot complain and dont even play the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Raidbots treats tanks as they should be, too complex to be put into a 1 sim fits all box. It's not treating it like a second class citizen, it's acknowledging you can't sim for tanks.

Also, how does raidbots have the symptom if "have the mindset of method or get out" it literally simulates your rotation being done correctly, and shows you what gear is best for you. That's it. Seems like you have some weird issues.
    The problem is that AMR gives just plain bad info regarding tanks. Better to just hit your class Discord. If anyone suggests that their info is wrong in any way they just say "we're right rather than your feelycraft". Tanking has too much nuance for AMR's approach to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Raidbots made things easy thankfully, if we were still stuck with regular old simcraft I'd still be all over AMR because of the simplicity.

As would many people, people flock to simplicity, whether it's wrong or not. Why do you think icy-veins is so heavily used over each classes website or google docs? It's all there in one place.
    For some classes IV is the best guide or as good as others. Hunter for example, hunters guide writer there is a top tier hunter with a community of people helping him to make sure the guide is always top notch. But other IV spec pages don't have that sort of backing.

Though I agree if we had to do the old simcraft, people would stick to AMR for simplicity 100%. Surely the reason people still use it, is because they don't know how simple raidbots currently is. There is nothing AMR does, that raidbots doesn't do better and simply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    The problem is that AMR gives just plain bad info regarding tanks. Better to just hit your class Discord. If anyone suggests that their info is wrong in any way they just say "we're right rather than your feelycraft". Tanking has too much nuance for AMR's approach to work well.
    Yeah, I agree. I don't think AMR or Raidbots should step into the world of trying to sim tanks. It should be left to class discords/communities who know how to work out what's best for tanks, who put in the effort and testing and theorycrafting.

Expecting raidbots to manage tanks because AMR does, makes no sense. Because AMRs tank information sucks. It's wanting information for the sake of information, whether it's wrong or not.

For some classes IV is the best guide or as good as others. Hunter for example, hunters guide writer there is a top tier hunter with a community of people helping him to make sure the guide is always top notch. But other IV spec pages don't have that sort of backing.

Though I agree if we had to do the old simcraft, people would stick to AMR for simplicity 100%. Surely the reason people still use it, is because they don't know how simple raidbots currently is. There is nothing AMR does, that raidbots doesn't do better and simply.
    Hunters is more of the exception then the rule. I don't know how it's going this expansion but last expansion Icy was giving blatantly wrong info and for the disc priest guide was listing someone who wasn't even playing anymore as being who reviewed it.

It's just one of those, if you actually care, make sure it's where you're supposed to look, things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    It was never actually all that bad, just people used it wrong then moaned and it got a bad rep . Its ok if you want to just check azerite quick or get a rough idea. Tested it a few times and majority of the time it gets me within 100dps of raidbots best list. It just works different to simcraft not all on stat weights but real data iir (combat logs).
    I will quote him because he has the perfect answer. Also I am quite sure he is from TSL like me so another reason too quote him.

You say it's not that bad, and but you have no idea why it got a bad rep?
    It wasn't people using it wrong, it legitimately gives wrong information, the rotations it uses are wrong, the recommendations are wrong. Class communities have spent a lot of time going through AMR to write up lists of things that were incorrect on it.

Worth looking through rets one, they had a list of around 80 errors AMR has for ret pally alone. Which they tried to contact and sort out with AMR, and got ignored.
    All specs have a similar situation to that.

Everyone should be warned against AMR, and aim to use raidbots. Why use something that's often incorrect but can fluke it and be right, over something that just IS right?

Raidbots also doesn't work off stat weights. You're extremely misinformed. And AMR works off a basis of their incorrect APLs (proven to be incorrect) on top of combat logs going off ilvl percentile (not real percentile, they pick a random person doing well for their ilvl bracket when someone at 413 can sim 24k or 29k).

AMR is that bad, because it's meant to help to decide the optimal gear to use, and all its ways of going about that, are flawed. Everything it does is flawed because they're trying to do a care bear "real scenario" system, and they're just getting it wrong over and over again.

I recall Azor vs AMR Dev(?) time ago here where Azor found out their APL had some absurd major flaws like Trueshot CD begin like 60% of the real CD or something like that.

Hunters is more of the exception then the rule. I don't know how it's going this expansion but last expansion Icy was giving blatantly wrong info and for the disc priest guide was listing someone who wasn't even playing anymore as being who reviewed it.

It's just one of those, if you actually care, make sure it's where you're supposed to look, things.
    Yeah, it's definitely more of an exception, though since this xpac a lot of other specs have become "fine" guide wise, though there's better places for the information, a lot of class discords include links to iv in their resources as well as their official guide.

It's important to understand the tools you are using and how to interpret the data given to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

This quest chain is worth doing simply to see Mulgore covered in fog, makes it look like a totally different zone!

A bit buggy though.
    Got a kodo as a spirit guide and Chief Iti. Don't know if chief is also randomly choosen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    This quest chain is worth doing simply to see Mulgore covered in fog, makes it look like a totally different zone!
    That's awesome! Can't wait.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Like new zone, megadungeon and a raid? But Im sure you and others will find another reason to complain.
    all three of that is totally fine. cant say much about dungeon and raid, but the new zone do not look like its high quality content.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    all three of that is totally fine. cant say much about dungeon and raid, but the new zone do not look like its high quality content.
    You wrote like all we are getting is some new WQs, dont try to twist your words now. And Im pretty sure after 8,2 release you will pretty quick tell us how the new dungeon, raid and zone suck.

Man, promoting AMR is like promoting Noxxic back in the day. Site's just plain garbage, from a correctness perspective. They make too many (wrong) assumptions and take too many shortcuts with their models, when they _do_ get the correct results, it's almost always pure luck that they did.

Oh goodie, more void garbage. It's looking more and more likely that I can skip 9.0 too.

Heritage armour looks great! I don't play Tauren but if I did I'd be all over it