10+ Year Old Account

Atlantic Rim 2/10 I loved it
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Avengers Endgame: 9/10

Loved it. Not a terrible fan of time travel, and a few plot holes get handwaved as a result, but the rest of the movie made up for that.
    Putin khuliyo

Saw Avengers End Game last night. It was pretty good.

It's unfair for me to rate it given my 11+ years of watching Marvel movies at a regular interval, so much so that the stories are part of my life. It requires the context of like 15+ other movies. Given that caveat...

I thought the story was very well written. The direction they took really surprised me.

The comedy was adequate. Some of it was a tiny bit forced but whatever.

The action was pretty good.

The pacing was phenomenal, time flew by to me. (Which also speaks to engagement/entertainment.)

Most importantly, I thought the exact right characters got the right amount of screen time. Infinity Wars was garbage because there were too many people trying to get camera time. In this movie, there were a number of characters who had their own plotlines, but it worked really well together and didn't take away from anyone else's.

I'll give it an 8/10*. It loses two points for, as everyone would guess, the time travel and some other flaws about suspending disbelief. I'll give it a pass because the time travel wasn't the focus of the movie, and it is a film about super heroes, but a really well done movie would've had something that completely made sense.

*provided you've been watching Marvel movies for the past 10 years

10+ Year Old Account
    The Avengers:Endgame 10/10
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Avengers:Endgame 7/10

Slow to start.

Was enjoying the big battle until the "GIRL POWER!" part. It was unnecessary. Rescue was already kicking ass, Captain Marvel was already kicking ass. It made the movie too cheesy at that point.
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2019-05-02 at 04:42 PM.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Aquaman: Very good, I'd give it 10/10 for a comic book movie, it had everything. Coherent story, good acting, great fan service, and heroes and villains I care about. Props to Oceanmaster and Black Manta. Sweet special effects and action scenes.

The Founder: Also recently saw this movie on Netflix. If you want to know the origin of McDonalds, then see this drama. It's very good.
    I also loved Aquaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wandering Earth 2/10

Holy shit what bullshit that Chinese crap was. Visually it was gorgeous like Chinese movies are, but the story, script and acting were absolutely shit. A good reminder to not watch Chinese movies.....

Or movies generally - I don't watch a lot of movies, but it's been ages since I saw something that was even decent.

Also: the funny Chinese bots giving it 9 and 10 star reviews on imdb: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7605074...ws?ref_=tt_urv
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons: 7.5 ~ 10 It starts out very strong, but gradually loses steam until you just kinda shrug at the ending. Shows glimmers of a wonderfully bonkers Stephen Chow movie, but it's nowhere near in the same league as Kung Fu Hustle (10!) or Shaolin Soccer (9.5!). Bonus point for Shu Qi and Chrissie Chau's hotness.

Serenity (2005): 9 ~ 10 Can't remember the last time I saw this. A decade ago? Maybe? Jesus. Still great.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

5+ Year Old Account
    Why do people who think infinity war was better, end up giving endgame 10/10?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prospect

Been putting this off for a while but since it's recently hit Netflix I figure now is as good a time as any and I have to say it was quite an enjoyable experience. The depiction of a future is fairly unique in the way someone who has only lived in a junk yard would see it in that it's dirty, archaic and downright unreliable. Alien gave us a bleak future of CRT monochrome screens and command line but is almost leaps and bounds ahead of what we see in this movie but this really isn't a strike. If anything, it's refreshing especially when it comes to the suite designs.

The add to this, the world itself feels lived in. It has its own language, pop culture and thanks to the way it's presented as explained abovet it almost gives it an authentic look in to where and how we may find ourselves if ever on the fringe of humanity for strange riches. There are pirates and a discount Drax-in-a-box too!

Pedro Pascal really does a great job with his role and his english accent is both scheming and charming. You know he's a snake in the grass and will remind you that he's capable of keeping himself alive in the unruly green but fits more as an anti-hero than an outright villain. Sophie Thatcher did a great job too even though I have no frame of reference to draw from since this is the first time I've seen her acting. It's weird how she can so casually brush off her loss but I can understand that in order to do so means she's able to leave so it's a balancing act which builds up to a cliched bond between the two and a "Jake" inspired ending where the horse is replaced with a shit rocket.

If you're in to movies which take place in a janky ass future, Oberyn Martell, skewering balls to money on a planet which wants you dead then this is for you.

It's not quite Serenity / Of course there are space pirates
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-05-04 at 12:55 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Endgame: 7.5/10

I liked it well enough, I just found that it lacked the emotional impact and urgency of Infinity War. It was also a "sloppier" paced movie that had some plot points it struggled with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Endgame 6/10. Time travel, yuck.

A Quiet Place: 2/10: Just so... so many stupid plot elements.

Sicario: Day of the Soldado - 3/10: A not bad action film who's strong points are negated by a completely half assed, rushed ending.

Valerian - 6.5/10: Haven't finished this yet, so I'll have to revisit this score, but this flick is almost criminally underrated. Yes, the acting isn't great, but the kid is really no worse than Keanu Reeves in any given role, for example. Artistically this movie is just off the charts beautiful and imaginative.

Endgame: 6/10. Enjoyable enough but time travel dragged it down for me. Stagnant during first act, confusing on second, and only third felt like the story was actually moving forward. Very anti-climatic overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dickshark: 10 ~ 10 Culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant.

5+ Year Old Account
    Justice League 1/10, bleh..at least had Aquaman n Mera, but not as entertaining as James Wan's version...everything else was garbage..

Oddly I prefer Mera's current haircolor, stands out more, I guess, less random character.

Currently watching Wandering Earth, thought it was ridiculous idea to turn our planet into a space ship...until I read about movie Moonfall which is so stupid i lack words

Edit: saw trailer for justice league, looks like a different movie...a good one..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-05-15 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KristenOne View Post
    Cold Pursuit 4/10 slow lacklustre movie. None of the characters are very well developed, could much have been better.
    you prefered the same old mindless revenge action movies?

the movie was ok, it was a black comedy and something new from liam neeson.
    the character and the villain were not that strong and overrated as in most revenge movies.

Birdman 9/10 on NETFLIX

I can see why this film won Academy Awards.

It is performed in the grungy New York Broadway theatre backrooms

Best to watch this Movie in the Afternoon & not in the evening when tired

Emma Stone is quite hot in this movie.. As Birdmans (Michael Keaton's) daughter.

Edward Norton, Michael Keaton are just Awesome
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2019-05-11 at 02:53 PM.

Saw Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (yes with those dashes in the title zzz) yesterday on desktop.

The movie's animation style was really artistic. The characters all hard charm. The plot/story/way it was told was very well done. I can see why people gave it 8/10s and like it so much.

But it wasn't really a masterpiece to me to rate it THAT highly. It's basically assuming you watched previous spiderman movies from the 2000s to get the references, and most of the charm also assumes you're familiar with the spiderman origin story, so you can't even really call it that original or say it started from a real "beginning" to say it's a standalone movie with a complete encapsulated story.

I also think there were some pacing issues. Some parts seem super fast, especially with the animation style, like your eyes should be glued to the screen or you'll miss something, and then other scenes will needlessly take time and be slow.

I think it's fair to give it a 4.5/10. It's pretty good, but let's not forget it builds up off you watching previous movies. (I also think the origin story doesn't parallel that well with the real spiderman, and it feels disjointed all over the place as a result. But I'd have to write too much to explain that.)

10+ Year Old Account
    BlacKkKlansman: 9 ~ 10 Solid film. Took me a bit to realize that that was Liz Allan.

Ten Tigers from Kwangtung: 10 ~ 10 Revisited a classic. Amazing all-star cast. I'd like to try your Wu-Tang style. Let's begin then!

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part: 7.5 ~ 10 It was OK, but it lacked some of the charm that made the first movie so good.