Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Tennessee judge shares links saying 'Jews should get the f*** over the Holocaust'

Tennessee judge shares links saying 'Jews should get the f*** over the Holocaust' and calling Muslims 'foreign mud'
    The judge says doesn't agree with being a Holocaust denier

A judge in Tennessee is facing repercussions after posting racist memes and articles to Facebook, including an article posted on April 5 that called Muslims "foreign mud" and said Jews should "get the f--- over the Holocaust.”

Commercial Appeal reports that several organisations in Memphis, Tennessee are calling for state authorities to censure Criminal Court Judge Jim Lammey following the discovery of his racist Facebook activity.

Organisations calling for censure include the NAACP Memphis Branch, Memphis Islamic Center, Jewish Community Partners, American Muslim Advisory Council, the Anti-Defamation League Southeast Region, Bridges, Facing History and Ourselves, Jewish Federation and Jewish Foundation of Nashville & Middle Tennessee, Memphis Islamic Center, MIFA, the National Civil Rights Museum, and Tennessee Holocaust Commission, according to a press release.

Judge Lammey, who has made his Facebook page private since the local discovery, was first elected in 2006 and re-elected for an eight-year term in 2015.

In an interview with the Commercial Appeal, he claimed that his posts would not hinder his ability to judge fairly, and said that he “certainly doesn’t agree” with “being Holocaust denier.”

“My best friend — who’s deceased now — was Jewish and I wouldn’t do that,” he said.

Local Memphis organisation Just City has argued that Judge Lammey has a history of treating immigrants differently in court, including requiring some seeking probation to report themselves to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE. This practice is unusual, and could leader to a person’s deportation.

In a letter sent to city officials by the coalition of organisations alarmed by his posting, the coalition called the April 5 post “one example of his habit of sharing articles, conspiracy theories, and ‘jokes’ online that carry a dark message of hatred.”

"The content he spreads often targets Muslim and Latin American immigrants,” the letter continues, “which is troubling because of Judge Lammey’s elected position overseeing criminal trials as a representative of the State of Tennessee.”

They have called for the Administrative Office of the Courts and the Board of Judicial Conduct to publicly censure Judge Lammey and to “explore bringing the anti-bias and Holocaust education resources of our respective organisations to the judges, clerks, and staff of our state judicial system."
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8910526.html

It's okay everyone, he has a friend who's a Jew, so he can't be anti-Semitic.

Well, had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's okay everyone, he has a friend who's a Jew, so he can't be anti-Semitic.
    Well, had.
    I would laugh if this wasn't so sad and predictable. Seriously fuck holocaust deniers.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at some point they have to get over it.
    Nearly every community on this planet has a dark side to it's past and eventually they have to move on.

I don't mean forget what happened, lest it is repeated but put it in the past.

Same goes for my fellow Germans.

i agree with that sentiment.

they should get over the holocaust, and it's strange to me that they're the only group with so much protection for borderline ancient events.

I mean most groups should get the fuck over what happened in the past.

Certain groups of specific skin pigmentation that hold it over everyone's head to this day, despite the fact that most people alive now had nothing to do with it, nor experienced any part of it.

But hey.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I don't get why the phrase "holocaust denier" came up, he's clearly not denying it if hes saying get over it. I wonder when people will understand that they shouldn't post stupid shit on social media (hopefully never so we can keep laughing at them )

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

they should get over the holocaust, and it's strange to me that they're the only group with so much protection for borderline ancient events.
    I wasn't aware 70~ years was ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I wasn't aware 70~ years was ancient.
    might as well be.

it's sure as hell not relevant to anything today.

might as well be.

the holocaust is still younger than betty white....

7+ Year Old Account
    might as well be.

Tell that to the people that are still alive that went through it. It won't be lessened until a couple gen's have past.

It is still more recent than slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It is still more recent than slavery.
    shhh. some people won't be able to handle that knowledge.

How does saying "get over it" equate to denying it happened?

Funny thing is the actual holocaust deniers are more prevalent in a certain group of people that follow a book that starts with a Q. Nope can't call them or their linkage out though because it makes you Islamaphobic...

might as well be.

Such an ignorant statement.

Genocide permanently destroys communities, ruins futures, and fragments minority populations. Look at what the Turks did to the Assyrians. They are practically on the cusp of extinction thanks to that genocide that occurred almost 100 years ago.

might as well be.

And just when I thought that I had read the dumbest fucking thing I had read all month, you just had to go and mash your face on a keyboard.........

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Such an ignorant statement.

Genocide permanently destroys communities, ruins futures, and fragments minority populations. Look at what the Turks did to the Assyrians. They are practically on the cusp of extinction thanks to that genocide that occurred almost 100 years ago.
    yeah, and what protections do they get that jews get today? nothing even remotely comparable.

but it ultimately doesn't matter. how many millions have died out all throughout human history? countless unique peoples have been destroyed, some we probably don't even know about. the holocaust isn't even unique, or that bad compared to ancient slaughters. it only outweighs it in number of casualties, but it didn't even achieve its set goal. lets move on, get over it, and see if we can forbid it from happening again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it another couple decades until the survivors are dead. As long as it's in living memory, people won't get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Give it another couple decades until the survivors are dead. As long as it's in living memory, people won't get over it.
    Given that there are large parts of the world where events of one, two or five hundred years ago are enough to set them off on murderous sprees, just having the survivors no longer being around won't do much.

It isn't like the Jews go around murdering random German civilians like other groups do about ancient history, and if anyone had a cause to do so, it would be the Jews.

The thing is, the Jews make a deal about it because they don't won't to see it happen again and there are groups out there that would love to try it again.

There are people still alive who escaped the concentration camps and witnessed the butchering of family/friends/fellow human beings. There are even more people alive who've lived with survivors of the camps and whitnessed the damage and grieve it inflicted on their lovedones on a daily basis by "looking in their eyes", they are "whitnesses too". And then there are millions of people who know millions of their religion/race were butchered because of hate against their religion/race who see that same hate grow stronger every day again, who are afraid tides would turn against them again or other races/religions.

And then derpkitteh comes along, to stupid to understand the light of day.