Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Saying they should get over it is not the equivalent of denying it happened. But I'm not surprised to see who is behind the backlash (ADL).

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well, at some point they have to get over it.
    Nearly every community on this planet has a dark side to it's past and eventually they have to move on.

I don't mean forget what happened, lest it is repeated but put it in the past.

Same goes for my fellow Germans.
    Problem is when there's a statistically-relevant number of people trying to repeat history.

"Putting it in the past" isn't limited to the victims, in fact it applies much more to the aggressors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Saying they should get over it is not the equivalent of denying it happened. But I'm not surprised to see who is behind the backlash (ADL).
    It's priceless for those trying to reenact the Holocaust to tell the Jews to get over it. But not surprising, deplorables will be deplorable.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Such an ignorant statement.

Genocide permanently destroys communities, ruins futures, and fragments minority populations. Look at what the Turks did to the Assyrians. They are practically on the cusp of extinction thanks to that genocide that occurred almost 100 years ago.
    I really don't think the turks (ottomans) committed a genocide against the Assyrians.

Not unless they found a time machine to travel back in time about 3000 years.

If you however mean Armenians, then yes, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I really don't think the turks (ottomans) committed a genocide against the Assyrians.

Not unless they found a time machine to travel back in time about 3000 years.

If you however mean Armenians, then yes, you're right.
    The Assyrian or Syriac genocide (also known as Sayfo or Seyfo, "Sword"; Syriac: ܩܛܠܥܡܐ ܣܘܪܝܝܐ‎ or ܣܝܦܐ) refers to the mass slaughter of the Syriac Christian population of the Ottoman Empire and those in neighbouring Persia by Ottoman troops during the First World War, in conjunction with the Armenian and Greek genocides.
    The Ottomans persecuted Armenians, Greeks and Assyrians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It is still more recent than slavery.
    The issue isn't really slavery.

The issue is the decades of brutal American apartheid that followed slavery. That shit didn't end until a few decades ago, and some aspects of it linger to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i agree with that sentiment.

they should get over the holocaust, and it's strange to me that they're the only group with so much protection for borderline ancient events.
    People are alive today that lived through the holocaust.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean lets face it, this is pretty much the base platform of all Republican parties: everyone else needs to stop complaining because we're tired of hearing it.
    Babies? Stop whining you had sex.
    School shootings? Stop whining guns are awesome.
    Rape? Stop whining you dressed that way.

I mean at first I was kinda joking but then I stopped and looked at their policies and realized that almost everything they support can be summed up as "Shut up and stop whining because we find you annoying."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I wasn't aware 70~ years was ancient.
    Well, Japanese got over two nuclear strikes almost instantly, so... yeah, they probably should

American jews forfeit their right to moan about the holocaust when they allowed Israel to run rampant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a bit excessive :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The reason it is important is because it could have happened with any race/religion/group and is the most recent example of it that and still has lingering repercussions.

The modern day Jews should get over the holocaust. It's history. Grow balls and move on. You didn't go through shit. Stop crying.

Would I ever say the above statements at work or in public? Obviously not. Because I'm not a retard like this retarded judge. If you're too fucking stupid to avoid posting memes about controversial shit like this, you're faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too stupid to be a judge. This dumbass deserves everything he gets.

*Disclaimer: If you were one of the old jews who actually lived the holocaust days and survived, you don't have to get over it. You are 100% allowed to be mad forever. Sorry you had to deal with that shit.*
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Yeah they definitely arent over that
    Can confirm. Just look at some Japanese commercials and tell me if you find one that makes actual sense. Their brains are more scrambled than the craziest/most pathetic of the mental patients of America.

They are definitely still feeling the effects of the bombs.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Genocide permanently destroys communities, ruins futures, and fragments minority populations
    Well, that didn't happen with the Jews. Plenty left, stronger then ever, with a very tight-knit community spanning the whole world and they even claimed their own country.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    might as well be.

it's sure as hell not relevant to anything today.
    Well slavery was well over 100 years ago and people still rage on about that.

was first elected in 2006 and re-elected for an eight-year term in 2015

He's elected to office. Let the voters take care of it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Well slavery was well over 100 years ago and people still rage on about that.
    I don't think that many people are upset about slavery. I think people are more upset at what came after slavery, because it impacted a certain demographic's culture, economics and mindset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    The Ottomans persecuted Armenians, Greeks and Assyrians.
    Yep, i was wrong. Another day i learn something new. Interesting to see it worded this way in english, as in my native language Assyrians refers only to ancient peoples. My bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    was first elected in 2006 and re-elected for an eight-year term in 2015

He's elected to office. Let the voters take care of it.
    Even if because of his actions and leanings he cannot judge fairly?

I get the intention why a country would want to elect its judges, but the election system for judges in the US is a nightmare.

Guilt is a weapon like any other and it has served them well. They will never discard it willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Well, Japanese got over two nuclear strikes almost instantly, so... yeah, they probably should

The anime and merchandise that's come out of japan proves this is a lie.