Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i agree with that sentiment.

they should get over the holocaust, and it's strange to me that they're the only group with so much protection for borderline ancient events.
    People are still alive that experienced it. Millions were rounded up help prisoners, tortured and killed, not something you just shake off or forget. When the thinking that caused some of that to happen is still alive in well in some groups you can't get over it and move on. Fuck I saw some idiots with SS jackets on just a few days ago.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The people in this thread who think Jewish people should get over the Holocaust are the same people who think white males are oppressed because of a Gillette commercial.

I think "moronic bigoted hypocrite" is.....underselling it....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The people in this thread who think Jewish people should get over the Holocaust are the same people who think white males are oppressed because of a Gillette commercial.

I think "moronic bigoted hypocrite" is.....underselling it....
    You are the kind of person who's advocating for gender change for 4 years old children.
    See, I can also make completely nonsense strawman arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Veknazel View Post
    You are the kind of person who's advocating for gender change for 4 years old children.
    See, I can also make completely nonsense strawman arguments.
    Except mine is 100% accurate and it clearly triggered you.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Except mine is 100% accurate and it clearly triggered you.
    No, I'm 100% right and you're wrong.

No, I'm 100% right and you're wrong.
    Wait, so you're telling me you DO NOT think white males are being oppressed right now?

Wait, so you're telling me you DO NOT think white males are being oppressed right now?
    Wait, so you're telling me you DO NOT think that 4 years old children should be allowed to have a gender change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    People are still alive that experienced it. Millions were rounded up help prisoners, tortured and killed, not something you just shake off or forget. When the thinking that caused some of that to happen is still alive in well in some groups you can't get over it and move on. Fuck I saw some idiots with SS jackets on just a few days ago.
    Everyone involved in the war experienced the same thing. My Grandma for example was alive in the war when the Nazi's and Italians came and they killed many people. She'd tell me stories how they lined up people and just executed them. They then burned villages. She explained how she saved a soldier who was executed but survived and she nursed him back to health. She was giving birth to my uncle and had nothing to eat or a place to live so she made a tent using two large pieces of sheet metal and baked some potatoes to eat. They took blonde women to Germany and one of them was nearly my mother. This was in Greece, and I'm sure every part of Europe has a similar horror story as well. The Jewish people aren't unique to the horrors of war. Not much of a difference between being rounded up to be gassed vs rounded up to be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Everyone involved in the war experienced the same thing. My Grandma for example was alive in the war when the Nazi's and Italians came and they killed many people. She'd tell me stories how they lined up people and just executed them. They then burned villages. She explained how she saved a soldier who was executed but survived and she nursed him back to health. She was giving birth to my uncle and had nothing to eat or a place to live so she made a tent using two large pieces of sheet metal and baked some potatoes to eat. They took blonde women to Germany and one of them was nearly my mother. This was in Greece, and I'm sure every part of Europe has a similar horror story as well. The Jewish people aren't unique to the horrors of war. Not much of a difference between being rounded up to be gassed vs rounded up to be shot.
    Oh I am certainly not saying it wasn't horrible for almost everybody that lived anywhere around there. Jews and other groups just collectively got it worse. They were trying to exterminate an entire type of people. For many of the others it came down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I certainly think people should try to look forward, it is foolish to ignore history, even more so recent history that living people have experienced and is still rippling through parts of the world.

might as well be.

it's sure as hell not relevant to anything today.
    If you can't see how VERY relevant it is today, i really don't know what to tell you. We should NEVER "get over" something like this. It's our duty to assure this never happens again, and fight right wing extremism every single day.

those posts are from learning from the holocaust, not forgetting it. we learn a few things from it:

1. mass killing people is bad, don't do that.

And yet you have no problem supporting it when it's convenient for your political views.

2. human experimentation is remarkably effective at advancing science, and we should be using it on extremely bad prisoners.
    What? Nazi medical science wasn't rigorous in the slightest and produced nothing of value.

And your conclusion shows that the only problem you had with the Holocaust is that it wasn't aimed at the "right" people. Which is why we won't shut up about it. Because you haven't gotten the fucking point yet.

3. animal rights are good and cruelty to animals should be punished harshly.
    Oh yeah this...this bodes well for your state of mind.

there's good things we can take from the holocaust. it's like a form of directed societal evolution, discard the bad and take the good.
    Ok, I take that back. THIS is something you should be institutionalized for.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    those posts are from learning from the holocaust, not forgetting it. we learn a few things from it:

1. mass killing people is bad, don't do that.
    People thought that was well known BEFORE the holocaust.

2. human experimentation is remarkably effective at advancing science, and we should be using it on extremely bad prisoners.
    The horrific expirments nazis conducted aren't seen as having advanced science in any way, shape or form.

Cutting twins in half and sewing them together, surprise surprise, didn't actually tell anyone anything.

3. animal rights are good and cruelty to animals should be punished harshly.
    ...but apparently not murdering millions of people; that shit can just be forgotten?

there's good things we can take from the holocaust. it's like a form of directed societal evolution, discard the bad and take the good.
    The things the holocaust caused are inseparable from what its goals were.

That's like saying "hey I don't like EVERYTHING those neo-nazis/white supremacists stand for, but SOME of what they say is good! Like keeping the immigrants out/national superiority/etc! SURELY I can support those specific aims of theirs!"

Oh wait, people DO say that.

Which is why remembering the holocaust is important.

It is a dangerously idiotic sentiment to support "just a lil bit" of what hate groups support. Everything they DO comes from their core messages of oppression and hatred; support for ANY fraction of their platform is support for all of it because you're not actively condemning them.

Luckily, most people aren't obtuse, mealy-mouthed pieces of styrofoam with access to a keyboard. Sadly, the rest of us still have to tolerate the few that are.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

They should. Bad things happened, lessons learned. Those who are capable taking a lesson took it anyway.

Wait, so you're telling me you DO NOT think that 4 years old children should be allowed to have a gender change?
    No I don't and have never argued such. I think 18 is the minimum.

Your turn.....again, tell me you don't believe white males are victims. Tell me you weren't;t upset by that Gilette commercial.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2019-05-14 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8910526.html

It's okay everyone, he has a friend who's a Jew, so he can't be anti-Semitic.

Well, had.
    From what I see thats like the rule in USA. At least for black people they can use insults that can put other non black people in jail. So sadly its not far fetched that someone thinks they are entitled to say such things because he has a friend that from X race.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I am certainly not saying it wasn't horrible for almost everybody that lived anywhere around there. Jews and other groups just collectively got it worse. They were trying to exterminate an entire type of people. For many of the others it came down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I certainly think people should try to look forward, it is foolish to ignore history, even more so recent history that living people have experienced and is still rippling through parts of the world.
    Got it worse is subjective. People dying to bullets vs gassing isn't going to know the difference in the end. The surviving Jewish people are upset that they were treated like a waste product, but people all over were experiencing much worse things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I really don't think the turks (ottomans) committed a genocide against the Assyrians.

Not unless they found a time machine to travel back in time about 3000 years.

If you however mean Armenians, then yes, you're right.
    Assyrian is the name for some Eastern Christians living in the region of Assyria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyri...ch_of_the_East

They were caught up in the larger Armenian genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Well, that didn't happen with the Jews. Plenty left, stronger then ever, with a very tight-knit community spanning the whole world and they even claimed their own country.
    That does not undo the destruction of local and regional communities, though. I wouldn't say it did not happen to them, rather that they rebounded as this kept happening to them anyhow since forever.

To be honest, I'm with him. I don't deny the Holocaust happens but should we kiss ass to the Jews forever because of it? Look at what they're doing to the Palestinians, it's low-key what the Nazis did to them but nobody bats an eye because if you stand against them you're an anti-semite. They have become immune to criticism, even if they do despicable things.

Believing in a religion doesn't mean the Jews suddenly need special treatment for something that happened almost 70 years ago.

All humans should be treated equally as the precious beings they are by default.
    And if they're bad people they should be judged as such on an individual basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Got it worse is subjective. People dying to bullets vs gassing isn't going to know the difference in the end. The surviving Jewish people are upset that they were treated like a waste product, but people all over were experiencing much worse things.
    Knowing your people are being marked, hunted and held in camps to be tortured and killed when you also experience the things others do is worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing your people are being marked, hunted and held in camps to be tortured and killed when you also experience the things others do is worse.
    That's generally what war is. Also how is that any different compared to what Israel is doing to the Palestinians? No gas chambers were used in the taking of their land but it was nearly a genocide. Or you think that land looks like this because of a series of peace treaties and agreeable business decisions? It's one thing to complain that your people were marked and hunted to be disposed, but you lost all credibility when you're basically doing the same thing minus gas chambers. Also, who died the most during WW2? The Russians by a mile died the most, and nobody cares because mainstream media blames Russia for Trump winning the election, despite we have a trade embargo against Russia.