Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Unfortunate that they're doing a beta. Great way for all the people lucky enough to get in to plan out the best ways to level/farm gold/etc long before anyone else is ever able to log in.
    Thousands of people have been doing that since the announcement of classic. I'm not allowed to go into details, but if you want to play Vanilla WoW with the purpose of testing leveling routes and stuff, you can do that after 10 minutes research.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Sarcasm? hard to tell on the internet sometimes >.>
    No sarcasm, i hate sharding a lot

5+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please explain to me exactly what sharding is and why it is not desired. I honestly don't know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Can someone please explain to me exactly what sharding is and why it is not desired. I honestly don't know. Thanks.
    When a zone has a lot of players....Blizzard puts you in a...different reality (shard) with lesser players.

Its no longer possible in BfA to see 100 players on screen. Completely impossible.

People dont like this because classic is all about to community.
    example:
    You are supposed to keep meeting the same people on the world several times.

With sharding you wont be able to see everyone.

I want to meet the nightelf hunter on Westfall called Bigpoop...and to meet him again in Stormwind's Auction House.....and then meet him again in Plaguelands.
    Its all about the community.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-05-14 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    What are you talking about? Beta characters never transfer to live. In August we all start anew.
    That doesn't matter. They'll have months to practice the best leveling route, the best gold farming route, etc. Then they take advantage of that knowledge for the actual release and have a huge advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Yeah logging in with critical game bugs that they might have missed or shitty optimization is about as Vanilla-accurate as you can get.

I don't understand how doing a limited beta gives you a fucking advantage lol. If it was a new game? The game is 15 years old though and if it's indeed pretty faithful to the original release, that information is already out there.
    But it won't be 100% accurate, there is absolutely going to be some differences which might seem minor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Thousands of people have been doing that since the announcement of classic. I'm not allowed to go into details, but if you want to play Vanilla WoW with the purpose of testing leveling routes and stuff, you can do that after 10 minutes research.
    Private servers are in no way even close to 100% accurate to true vanilla/classic wow. Anything learned on them will be almost entirely useless.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Ever buy a store mount or pet? And what about the watts of electricity you have burned up in all those hours of playing WoW? Buy a new video card at any point? New computer? Internet access? Well over $3,000 my friend.

Base WoW alone and expansions are right around $3000... Heck it may be more like $4,000 or $5,000.
    How the fuck does buying a mount, pet etc. have ANYTHING to do with your original claim: "BTW... if you never lapsed you sub since launch... you have spend over $3,000 playing WoW."? Furthermore, if you're going to take arbitrary dumbshit things like the electric bill and computer hardware into account when calculating how much money one has spent on WoW, you might as well take other as-intangiably-connected expenses such as rent, workdays off for launch/raids etc.

By that assessment sure, I've spent 150.000+ USD on World of Warcraft. Get the fuck outta here. And I'm not your friend.

What is the logic of allowing character creation for name reservation two weeks before it goes live? Before they've even announced the realm names? How will that even work?

They will announce the realm names, just not yet - but it will obviously be before you can create characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What is the logic of allowing character creation for name reservation two weeks before it goes live? Before they've even announced the realm names? How will that even work?
    Realm names will be known before character creation time begins. we dont need to know the name of the realm this far in advance. it serves no purpose to even know that info right now.

they told us now, so that the players have something to expect and be prepared for.

knowing you will have a chance to reserve names.. and get ready is more important than knowing realm names right now, but they will be known when it is closer to this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    No it wouldn't be.
    You do that shit in trade / lfg
    So everyone who played vanilla did it wrong when the majority used LFG addons? The problem with retail LFG is that you get instantly teleported to a dungeon that requires no team work or communication. Then you get instantly teleported back and won't ever see them again, nor care for them ever.

An addon that helps you group up won't see any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    That doesn't matter. They'll have months to practice the best leveling route, the best gold farming route, etc. Then they take advantage of that knowledge for the actual release and have a huge advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

But it won't be 100% accurate, there is absolutely going to be some differences which might seem minor.

- - - Updated - - -

Private servers are in no way even close to 100% accurate to true vanilla/classic wow. Anything learned on them will be almost entirely useless.
    Private servers exist for years, and, believe me they are quite accurate. I would say 99% of experience is recreated well. Apart from minor bugs people who wanted to make powerlvling plan are long done with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Oh well, I just resubbed to this trashy fucking dumpster shit to have a chance to get into the beta. I don't even have the game installed LOL
    Ha I feel that

Private servers exist for years, and, believe me they are quite accurate. I would say 99% of experience is recreated well. Apart from minor bugs people who wanted to make powerlvling plan are long done with that.
    Nope, ____ servers got it all wrong according to streamers who interviewd and played Classic WoW

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post51191740

The problem with this assumption is, those who played private servers a lot are going to get a rude awakening. The game is going to feel a LOT different. Partly because it's on the new engine, and partly because the guesstimates of settings were off, and in some cases WAY off.

One example. Fire Rocs in Tanaris. On private servers, you can rounf them up and AoE. Because even though it is known they have the fireball ability, noone knew the frequency, rotation of abilities, etc. So it was left off.

Mana and life regen on Classic is WAY different (much, much slower) than private servers.

Pathing is more active in Classic than private servers. Drop rates are accurate on Classic servers and you don't get a bag drop every 4th kill like on private servers.

Bosses has various thematic armor settings in Classic, and various resists based on the boss. Private servers have these set based on the bosses level.

How do they know? They have a legit, accurate actual 1.12 server at Blizzard running that they can go reference.

I think 99% accurate is a stretch... maybe more like 70%-80% which is reptty darn good... but well enough to feel a lot different.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The problem with this assumption is, those who played private servers a lot are going to get a rude awakening. The game is going to feel a LOT different. Partly because it's on the new engine, and partly because the guesstimates of settings were off, and in some cases WAY off.

One example. Fire Rocs in Tanaris. On private servers, you can rounf them up and AoE. Because even though it is known they have the fireball ability, noone knew the frequency, rotation of abilities, etc. So it was left off.

Mana and life regen on Classic is WAY different (much, much slower) than private servers.

Pathing is more active in Classic than private servers. Drop rates are accurate on Classic servers and you don't get a bag drop every 4th kill like on private servers.

Bosses has various thematic armor settings in Classic, and various resists based on the boss. Private servers have these set based on the bosses level.

How do they know? They have a legit, accurate actual 1.12 server at Blizzard running that they can go reference.

I think 99% accurate is a stretch... maybe more like 70%-80% which is reptty darn good... but well enough to feel a lot different.
    Well, maybe you are right - if you are going for world first 60 this can matter, but for those who gonna play a lot, even rush to 60, but does not pretend for WF it does not matter much. I already know what zones to visit, what quests to do.

Well, maybe you are right - if you are going for world first 60 this can matter, but for those who gonna play a lot, even rush to 60, but does not pretend for WF it does not matter much. I already know what zones to visit, what quests to do.
    For sure man. And I like that it's even harder than PServers. Watched Staysafe for a few hours last night and man it just made me Jones out to want to play it. I cannot wait!