Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why would Slyvannas send assassin's to outland to kill Thrall? At best he Horde looses a retired champion and the orcs get demoralised, worse he activitly comes after you?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Why would Slyvannas send assassin's to outland to kill Thrall? At best he Horde looses a retired champion and the orcs get demoralised, worse he activitly comes after you?
    christie golden wrote the cinematic, you ask her.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    wait. I thought rogues were just sneaky, not actually magic and invisible.
    Rogues' Stealth in WoW has always fallen into the borderlands of "maybe magic, maybe mundane."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    We can only aspire to live up to their example.
    And kill ourselves before unification turns us into Light Borg?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Better than the alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    To paraphrase Sadfang "Better to die outside the unifaction, than live within."
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    All of the rogues in Elegy and A Good War were using shadow-magic for their stealth. Also in the game it's usually more than just mere stealth. Maybe it's something not every neighborhood rogue would use, but it was made a lot more common lately.
    *old man voice* Back in my day, rogues were just some sneaky fuckers with knives and poisons! And we had to buy them! And brew tea! I could practically piss a river after a long battle! Nowadays you kids got it easy with your shadow magic and guns!
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    he was out in the pvp honor quest back in legion, guess they forgot.
    I've missed that, thanks.

It's stupid though. That quest was in Undercity iirc, and why the hell would Drek'thar go down there after the whole Hillsbrad episode. Seems like they just threw him in there without thinking too much about it.

Sylvanas fans unhappy? I thought you were on board with the 'evil for the lulz' aka 'morally grey' direction of her Horde. The rest of the Horde is reacting.
    As much as we all dislike MoP 2.0 into N'Zoth, she's going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There does seem to be something "wrong" with those Forsaken assassins - beyond, well, being Forsaken. Not sure if it's something left to be in question or if it's just the way they're portrayed in a full cinematic, but they don't seem right all the same.
    I doubt it's corruption. They just look, well, dead. Forsaken don't look that bad in a cartoonish game, but I assume that in a more photorealistic portrayal they should look unsettling, being walking corpses and all.

Then again being undead should logically means your blood stops being of use at all so your veins would, I dunno, deflate or something. Best not think too hard about it. The only question I have is the V-shaped scar and why our attention was pointed towards it. Maybe it's a crude self-mutilation to look like Sylvanas's mascara or something?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    christie golden wrote the cinematic, you ask her.
    Did she? Are you actually being serious? Cause that explains it if true.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    these veins are directly from resident evil zombies
    Eh, not like resident evil has monopoly on it... Just saying that those veins are mostly used to signal something corrupting someone.I wouldn't equate Blizzards undeads with Zombies tho.

I can't remember blizzard ever having given forsaken those veins....unless you can point me to it.

https://youtu.be/vlVSJ0AvZe0?t=102

Everyone has veins, but they are not so blatantly "corrupted" as we can see here. It's not just zombie veins... it's heavily exagerated and done to attract your attention. Which, afaik, they haven't done before.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-15 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Sylvanas fans unhappy? I thought you were on board with the 'evil for the lulz' aka 'morally grey' direction of her Horde. The rest of the Horde is reacting.
    As much as we all dislike MoP 2.0 into N'Zoth, she's going down.
    The rest of the Horde isn't doing shit, even in this very patch. That's the funniest thing about this circus. While all the leadership either were or have become acolytes of the God-King, Blizzard have actually committed to making the Horde population a bunch of plebs cheering Sylvanas along until presumably 8.2.5.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Rogues' Stealth in WoW has always fallen into the borderlands of "maybe magic, maybe mundane."
    Always just assumed it was combat stealth. You don't have to be silent, just quieter than the ambient noise.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Send 2 noob assassins to take out Thrall, gg Sylvanas

I also like how Saurfang is now a silent spy master capable of "following" invisible ninjas
    He's been leading the Horde army for years he probably knows the tall tell signs of rogues skulking about...he probably know a great deal of techniques and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Did she? Are you actually being serious? Cause that explains it if true.
    https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...78007780986884
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dir: Marc Messenger
    Writer: @christieGolden
    Tons of love and effort from an incredible team.
    Hope you enjoy!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I doubt it's corruption. They just look, well, dead. Forsaken don't look that bad in a cartoonish game, but I assume that in a more photorealistic portrayal they should look unsettling, being walking corpses and all.

Then again being undead should logically means your blood stops being of use at all so your veins would, I dunno, deflate or something. Best not think too hard about it. The only question I have is the V-shaped scar and why our attention was pointed towards it. Maybe it's a crude self-mutilation to look like Sylvanas's mascara or something?
    I'm unsure what it is. Perhaps the fact that the cinematic goes out of its way of show a portion of their faces, complete with tainted veins and scarring - but this may just be showcasing what Forsaken look like in a modern FMV cinematic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    *old man voice* Back in my day, rogues were just some sneaky fuckers with knives and poisons! And we had to buy them! And brew tea! I could practically piss a river after a long battle! Nowadays you kids got it easy with your shadow magic and guns!
    *petulant teenager voice* sorry grampa, go with the times, it's 2019!

thanks for making me spit out my coffee

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    And yet no one likes Baine(well except Trassk and Alliance players... and Anduin).

I'm pretty sure the writers did like Vol'jin, but he's boring af and has no use when it comes to the Legion and Old Gods and such. They plan expansions out in advance and probably decided they needed someone more dastardly to get as the warchief and now Sylvanas' character is being dragged through the mud like some idiot, while Vol'jin is bathing in some Valor glory atm.

I don't think there will be another Warchief to be honest. I think they're gonna do away with that and just have us be vassals to the Alliance, since the future plots will call for us to be united and we'll just play second fiddle to Anduin and his A-Team as they take on the Void Lords in the next expansion.

Maybe they'll even let the player be Warchief, or leader of our race or something while all the important characters go off to join Anduin's band of merry friends.
    Lemme stop you right there, Mike. As a (primarily) Alliance player, I would hate to see Baine become Warchief. Cairne? Cairne, I would've loved to see become Warchief, but Baine? No thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...78007780986884
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dir: Marc Messenger
    Writer: @christieGolden
    Tons of love and effort from an incredible team.
    Hope you enjoy!
    Christie golden confirmed to be most chaotic evil being on earth.