Page 1 of 3
LastLast

More Customization Options (really need to happen)

I am fully aware of the fact that the game needs a lot more attention and more careful approach from the devs right now, because there are issues that should definitely be prioritized over this.

However this is something that I really stumble upon almost on daily basis when I am playing. At this point, they really need to give us more customization options for each race. I know this is an ever-returning topic but hey our wishes are still being pretty much ignored.

We especially need hairstyles, faces, skintone options and also separate eye colors (which they already kind of hinted at). LOADS of them.

For example, I just tried to edit the Kul Tiran hairstyles and I put those on the Forsaken and the only thing that I can say right now is that it's something that I never knew I always wanted.

And no, the allied races aren't fixing the problem. They are actually making it even worse in my opinion, because adding a race with three skintone options is just riddiculous.

Please feel free to share your ideas on customizations that you really want to happen. I want this thread to be as inspirative as possible!
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Why should Blizzard do anything they can't profit off? Why would they add mustaches to Undead for any reason besides "it's the right thing to do" or because "it would be nice"?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why should Blizzard do anything they can't profit off? Why would they add mustaches to Undead for any reason besides "it's the right thing to do" or because "it would be nice"?
    You basically just invalidated updated player models, the expansion of hairstyles available to each particular race, etc.

Aesthetics can regain the interest of casual players far better than endgame content can, and there are more casual players than there are hardcore raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You basically just invalidated updated player models, the expansion of hairstyles available to each particular race, etc.
    I hope we're not seeing WoD as doing anything but proving my point.

I don’t say this as a joke, but as a legitimate idea. Tie unlocking new customization to achievements, and rep grinds. Exalted with Valarjar and killed 10k vrykul, guess what? Vrykul beards on your toons. Is your green Orc exalted with Orgrimmar or a new Orc based rep, at exalted buy the new haircuts and beards magazine, one for each playable race and corresponding reps.

I want to see more, but not overlapping options...I.e. mag’har and Orc should/could both get more, but not each others. Or just better and more frequent Night Elf Night Warrior Night Eyes.

This could be their plan.
    Now that most people have switched to allied races, they’ll make the original races cooler.
    Then, after those race changes, they’ll add a new allied race. Then expand customization of the original allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm blown away by your keen business sense. How would Blizzard ever profit off more customization options in an MMORPG? What an absolutely absurd concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I'm blown away by your keen business sense. How would Blizzard ever profit off more customization options in an MMORPG? What an absolutely absurd concept.
    That's a lot of snark while also doing very little to argue. Adding new hair and mustaches to Undead will not promote character change services or faction change services in the same way that Allied Races do. The amount of work to add new hairstyles for Undead is not worth the smaller amount of revenues that would be produced if that same labor was put towards something like an Undead allied race.

It's not a matter of "it's a good thing, so it'll make money", it's "it's not good enough of a thing compared to others that can also make money". Hence why we're getting Vulpera and not Undead Mustaches.

I would rather them bring us actual housing (or better: Guild Housing) than more haracter visual customizations.

When wearing full armor, the animations are pretty much the only thing you see from your character anyway....and over the last years, Blizzard collapsed most anmimations from race+gender specific to class-specific. It began with monks in MoP. Prior to that we had 6 races per faction with 2 genders each...so 24 options with ~3 unique animations. Which totals 72 unique animations over all character models.
    Now we have ~2 unique animations per class, which totals to 24 unique animations.

Yes, it's sad.

I hope we're not seeing WoD as doing anything but invalidating my point.
    Fixed that for you.

Because it does invalidate your point.

Your claim was that "Blizzard is not going to add more customization options "because it's the right thing to do" or because "it is nice"". But that is exactly what Blizzard did:

They expanded the hairstyle options for the playable races.
    They added druid form customization, allowing you to pick the color of your forms depending on your character's hair/fur color.
    They added better character models.

All of those "because it's nice" and/or "because it's the right thing to do".

WoD being a well liked expansion or not has no bearing in this subject, because "improved player models" is not the reason the vast majority of players dislike the expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    OP is definitely right. Character customisation was never one of WoW's strong points, but for a.good time it could get away with it. But here and now, in 2019, it's ridiculous how little customisation options we have. Hell, even little funny things like that warlocks' green fire quest seem to be out of the picture. We definitely need everything the OP mentioned, plus stuff like frostfire skin for fire/frost mages, racial overlays for priest and paladin spells (at least iconic ones such as Holy Light or Flash Heal), return of race+gender based melee animations, etc.

I guess it all boils down to Blizzard deciding whether WoW is still worthy of long-term investment or not. In the latter case, we'll only get w/e features have the highest expected RoI, and very little of anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Forsaken moustache guy needs a pipe permanently clenched between his teeth. I'd pay good money for that. Well, reasonable money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why did they add black night elf eyes
    why did they add gold blood elf eyes

- - - Updated - - -

I hope we're not seeing WoD as doing anything but proving my point.
    wod added updated versions of nearly every race... for free... no need to buy the expansion even.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

More is always good, but tbh I like WoW's customization more than any of the other popular MMOs that are out there right now so I'm not really complaining.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's a lot of snark while also doing very little to argue. Adding new hair and mustaches to Undead will not promote character change services or faction change services in the same way that Allied Races do. The amount of work to add new hairstyles for Undead is not worth the smaller amount of revenues that would be produced if that same labor was put towards something like an Undead allied race.

It's not a matter of "it's a good thing, so it'll make money", it's "it's not good enough of a thing compared to others that can also make money". Hence why we're getting Vulpera and not Undead Mustaches.
    What a deluded person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lmao a undead with mustache? Nah. I'll pass!

But yeah I made a post about more customization over allied races before BFA launched

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They added druid form customization, allowing you to pick the color of your forms depending on your character's hair/fur color.
    They added better character models.
    Your quote made me have to go look up the original cat form, and the original wind riders. And compare them to the current models and the updated wind riders we got in MoP. The former... I think I'm gonna have to check under my bed before I go to sleep to make sure the classic cat form model isn't hiding under there.

This is a very important thing. People who don't support more customization options are in denial. I'm sorry. This game is leagues behind when it comes to customization. The devs need to step it up. We aren't in 2004 anymore. Pretty much every MMORPG has better customization than WoW. They really need to focus on adding more customization options for both core races and allied races. People love cosmetics. That's why people spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on skins in video games. Hopefully I'm not coming across as too extreme, I've just been very passionate about additional customization options for so many years and the devs have barely delivered. I love the golden eyes for blood elves, the Night Warrior option for night elves, and so on. We need to see more of that.

I think the future lies in unlockable customization options.

You know, doing things in-game that unlocks more options, like the night warrior skin, but on a bigger scale.

Examples:

Questline: Help the Wildhammer clan defend their home in Aerie Peak.
    Reward: Wildhammer skins + a Wildhammer transmog.

Questline: Bring the Dark Horde clans back to the Horde.
    Reward: Blackrock (Azeroth), Dragonmaw and fel-red skins for normal orcs, and alternate recolor grunt armor (from WoD).

Questline: Help Jevan Grimtotem and his kin repel Magatha’s loyalists.
    Reward: Grimtotem skins for tauren, plus alternate color for tauren heritage armor (if you have unlocked the original color).

Questline: Stop an Alliance elven operation on Suramar.
    Reward: Golden jewelry options for nightborne, plus alternate red-and-gold nightborne heritage armor (for those who unlocked the original color).

Questline: Defend the council of human kings (Danath, Jaina, Genn and Anduin) from Horde assassins.
    Reward: Unlock the Human Potential. (New awesome beards for humans, and kul tiran, stromgardian and gilnean voice/emote sets for humans, and black, green and red variations of the transmog footman armor from WoD).
    Whatever...