10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    So is Sam a lord, a maester, or a member of the Night’s Watch if it is actually still a thing? All 3?
    He's Lord Tarly. In the Council, he's still wearing his old clothes because they're the clothes he's got. Later, in the meeting with Tyrion, he's wearing whateverthefuck he wants to, but while they're robes, they're not a Maester's robes.

Why is Brienne in Bran’s Kingsguard instead of Sansa’s Queensguard?
    Sansa doesn't have a "Queensguard". Also, Sansa's just fine and doesn't need Brienne's protection any longer; Brienne's oath was fulfilled. Leading the Kingsguard is a nice capstone for Brienne's arc.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Is tyrion really finding jamies hand in the rubble....

fuck me its gonna be one of those finals isnt it.
    It's funny because the room with the map on the floor looked pretty untouched. Meaning Jamie killed Cersei by trying to save her, only taking her underground to a death trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    He's Lord Tarly. In the Council, he's still wearing his old clothes because they're the clothes he's got. Later, in the meeting with Tyrion, he's wearing whateverthefuck he wants to, but while they're robes, they're not a Maester's robes.
    Didn't the Archmaester wear white though? He's got the Maester's chains.
    Putin khuliyo

Sansa doesn't have a "Queensguard". Also, Sansa's just fine and doesn't need Brienne's protection any longer; Brienne's oath was fulfilled. Leading the Kingsguard is a nice capstone for Brienne's arc.
    I mean, they call him Grand Maester and he has a Maester's chain, with only 2 links, lol. Yet somehow he's Grand Maester - what, I guess the Army of the Dead teleported down to Oldtown, sacked it, then went to every castle and keep and just killed their maesters, cause I can't see why else a fucking novice who hasn't even forged his chain yet goes to Grand Maester in like 3 weeks.

Dany's speech would have been better if she had a hitler mustache imo

They are totally maester’s robes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, if they are Maester's robes, it's also possible he was on the Council as Lord Tarly, and then subsequently became a Maester and gave up his title. Or, as Grand Maester, he chucked the rulebooks on that stuff out and he's both. Who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...it absolutely could have been worse.

But holy shit, it could have been so much better. Ugh. What a letdown.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It's funny because the room with the map on the floor looked pretty untouched. Meaning Jamie killed Cersei by trying to save her, only taking her underground to a death trap.
    Or just moving about 20 ft to the left...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Dany's speech would have been better if she had a hitler mustache imo
    That's exactly what crossed my mind, it was so forced.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only option was to try and make it to the secret escape from the keep to the boat at the shore. Anything else was certain death. Collapsing building and all

So the NK's story really ends like that, huh. 10 years of build-up only to have him die in one episode and so unceremoniously. I could let this pass, after all I didn't give two shits when Snoke died, the difference here is that the Night King was basically estabilished since the first scene of the first episode of the first season.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, they call him Grand Maester and he has a Maester's chain, with only 2 links, lol. Yet somehow he's Grand Maester - what, I guess the Army of the Dead teleported down to Oldtown, sacked it, then went to every castle and keep and just killed their maesters, cause I can't see why else a fucking novice who hasn't even forged his chain yet goes to Grand Maester in like 3 weeks.
    I'm surprised you guys aren't arguing over Tyrion didn't move enough stones to uncover Cersi and Jamie and how their faces are not bloody at all. Or some starbucks cup...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    They are going to Naath. They will all die in a few weeks.
    Yeah that minor plot point made me smirk quite a bit...

Like the Iron Bank of Braavos's interests in the Slave Trade...

The Moral I guess :

Revolutionaries are Stalins in the making...

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'm surprised you guys aren't arguing over Tyrion didn't move enough stones to uncover Cersi and Jamie and how their faces are not bloody at all. Or some starbucks cup...
    Please don't pretend the writing of this season was good and the critics in this thread are somehow nitpicking. No one cares about the Starbucks cup except inasmuch as it serves as an indication about how few fucks are given any more.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    For some reason, Greyworm decided to let Tyrion talk and convince everyone that Wikipedia should be the next king, amazing scene!
    Well, Grey Worm was essentially just a jailor in that scene. Tyrion was brought forth as a leader of one of the great houses, to discuss the future. Thats what Tyrion meant when he told him "Its not for him to decide". Yes, GW COULD go ape shit get him and a bunch of the Unsullied killed over The Imp and Jon Snow, but he knew it wasnt worth the fight.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    So the NK's story really ends like that, huh. 10 years of build-up only to have him die in one episode and so unceremoniously. I could let this pass, after all I didn't give two shits when Snoke died, the difference here is that the Night King was basically estabilished since the first scene of the first episode of the first season.
    This is really one of those things that proves that last two seasons really needed to be four.

Could have been worst. Definitely could have been better.

Overall, dissapointing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulant View Post
    This is really one of those things that proves that last two seasons really needed to be four.
    They were running on fumes without g.martin's books, more seasons would just have become even more dissapointing...

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Well, Grey Worm was essentially just a jailor in that scene. Tyrion was brought forth as a leader of one of the great houses, to discuss the future. Thats what Tyrion meant when he told him "Its not for him to decide". Yes, GW COULD go ape shit get him and a bunch of the Unsullied killed over The Imp and Jon Snow, but he knew it wasnt worth the fight.
    The scene doesn't make sense in general.

Either Grey Worm has the power to demand some sort of justice, or he doesn't. He claims he does because they have him in physical chains, but Sansa says the entire North is outside the gates? Or was she implying the North would come down to free him? If the North has no one there, why does Grey Worm give a fuck what these people say? If the North is there (and presumably Yara's Fleet, Dorne's army which is untouched, the Vale, and Riverrun's forces), why the fuck do they give a shit about Grey Worm and the Unsullied? Just demand Jon. Hell, you still have the ninja Arya just hanging around there doing nothing, she could free Jon herself.

This is all built on the worthless ep3 characterization of the remaining Dothraki/Unsullied forces. I could have sworn there was only like a handful of Dothraki who ran out of the shadows with Jorah, and only maybe 2 dozen at most Unsullied by the end of that episode, but each episode after their forces kept getting bigger and bigger - which they needed to do just to justify how Grey Worm has any sort of right to demand jack and/or shit.