Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    The penalty for breaking the lord commander's orders is death. Ned believed that the one who passes the sentence should also be the one to swing the sword.

The Night's Watch is basically life in prison. Remember that the people there are (mostly) there because they committed a crime and the choice was basically death or the wall.

Alternatively look at it another way. It can be seen to be just like the old military outfits such as the Royal Navy or Armies: if you refuse to follow orders, or perhaps go so far as to stage a mutiny, you would have been shot.
    Yeh.. and the witch used witchcraft to kill the Khal (equivalent to King).. that is regicide. Therefore death by burning. Perfectly honorable killing. There is no difference between what John Snow did and Danny. The witch deserved to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I would imagine its safe to say Disney will be paying close attention to what D&D are doing based on the ending of GoT, if they weren't planning on doing that anyway.
    Bahahaha are you for fucking real. Disney is all about writing by committee and taking no risks. Look at the current trilogy. Disney will produce a turd no matter what, like all there safe cookie cutter garbage.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The witch deserved everything she got. She was an actual witch that used witchcraft to kill her husband. Witches burned at the stake in Medieval times. That's just how it goes.
    No, she really didn't.

Her city was destroyed, her people slaughtered, her temple destroyed, and she was raped 4 times. Drogo got what he deserved. She was a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No, she really didn't.

Her city was destroyed, her people slaughtered, her temple destroyed, and she was raped 4 times. Drogo got what he deserved. She was a victim.
    Drogo got what he deserved and so did the witch. And Danny was right to kill her. It's understandable the witch wanted revenge. That doesn't mean she doesn't deserve punishment.

Drogo got what he deserved and so did the witch. And Danny was right to kill her.
    No, she didn't. She and her people suffered greatly because of Drogo and she killed him. That's justice. She didn't deserve to be burned alive.

No, she didn't. She and her people suffered greatly because of Drogo and she killed him. That's justice. She didn't deserve to be burned alive.
    That is in your opinion. Danny's opinion is that the witch betrayed her by killing her husband and her unborn baby even though Danny did everything she could for her and trusted her.

Yeh.. and the witch used witchcraft to kill the Khal (equivalent to King).. that is regicide. Therefore death by burning. Perfectly honorable killing. There is no difference between what John Snow did and Danny. The witch deserved to die.
    I feel like that's not what she did at all. Drogo was injured in battle, he ignored it, it got infected to the point that he was going to die. Dany implored the "witch," whom she saved from further rape and brutalization, to treat him. She told Dany it wasn't what she wanted, that he'd be living some sort of half-life that she wouldn't recognize, that she couldn't fully save him. And that such magic always required a human sacrifice. She was completely honest with Dany....

...Dany just didn't like the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I feel like that's not what she did at all. Drogo was injured in battle, he ignored it, it got infected to the point that he was going to die. Dany implored the "witch," whom she saved from further rape and brutalization, to treat him. She told Dany it wasn't what she wanted, that he'd be living some sort of half-life that she wouldn't recognize, that she couldn't fully save him. And that such magic always required a human sacrifice. She was completely honest with Dany....

...Dany just didn't like the outcome.
    Drogo wouldn't have died. When he first got injured he would have been fine, but the witch cursed it at that first moment Danny asked for someone to help him.

That is in your opinion. Danny's opinion is that the witch betrayed her by killing her husband and her unborn baby even though Danny did everything she could for her and trusted her.
    Dany only "saved" her because Dany thought she could be useful. That's 100% sociopath thought processing. "Fuck your feelings, how can you help ME?"

Dany only "saved" her because Dany thought she could be useful. That's 100% sociopath thought processing. "Fuck your feelings, how can you help ME?"
    What? Dany saved her and the other women when she saw they were being raped before she even know she was a witch. She asked the crowd "is anyone a healer?" after she just stood up for them. And that was even before Drogo was injured. The only reason Drogo was injured in a duel because Dany wanted to protect them and the other Dothraki guy didn't like it. You are just wrong.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-05-22 at 11:47 PM.

Drogo wouldn't have died. When he first got injured he would have been fine, but the witch cursed it at that first moment Danny asked for someone to help him.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? He literally ignored an open wound.

We can all agree though this visual is AMAZING and badass..!!!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

That does look badass.
    But...there seems to have been a trade-off.

Well it's Wednesday. A week and a half after Danerys turned into the Mad Queen. I am finally over it.

Game of Thrones is over. I have spent about 3 years watching and rewatching Game of Thrones, listening to Game of Thrones music, watching Game of Thrones videos, and reading the Game of Thrones books that have been published, including the one about the history of Westeros.

I am very happy with the time I spent with the series, and with the characters. It is my favorite series of all time, and by a lot. Only Westworld comes close. And nothing else comes close to these two epic series. No other show or movie has made me cry as much as Game of Thrones has. No other show or movie has touched my heart in as many ways. No other show or movie has upset me as much as Game of Thrones has.

I am thankful that I got to watch Game of Thrones. My only regret is that the first episode that I saw when it was on for the first time was 6.10. I wish I had watched it when season 1 was the current season. I made up for it by watching it a lot though

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

We can all agree though this visual is AMAZING and badass..!!!!
    She looks like a high level boss, but she ran out of Jorah-Meatshields to protect her

I will fondly remember season 8 for its memes at least

I've had the chance to watch it a couple more times now that the dust has settled. The longer I think about it the more pissed off I get about how it ended. It feels like Jon's entire journey, the BIG secrecy about his true identity, the BIG reveal about his identity, was at the end of the day, for nothing.

If we look back to that moment where they finally connected the dots with Lyanna, Rhaegar, Ned and the baby, then cutting to Jon, everything had been revealed to show who the true king was, possibly the one man who had gone through more than anyone else in Westeros: Grew up a bastard with his 'mother' despising him, sent to the wall as an outcast, his treks beyond the wall, killing the Halfhand, betraying his lover, rescuing the Wildlings at Hardholm and being killed for it, resurrected, united the northern houses to take Winterfell, becomes King of the North, seeks the help on Dany, bends the knee and commits the North to her cause, finds out who he really is, watches a city burn and kills the woman he loves.

He has the true hero's journey, there's nothing bittersweet about Jon being exiled and Bran claiming the throne. If anything, Jon should have been crowned and he turned it down to pass it to Bran, the council meeting we got was so stupid.

The ending makes me wish Dany conquered Westeros and remained in power. That would have been bittersweet
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2019-05-23 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    When Bran dies, the realm is totally going to erupt into chaos.
    I'm sure he will foresee it happening and have a transition plan in place, otherwise its back to emotional flawed humans to start spinning 'the wheel' again.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I've had the chance to watch it a couple more times now that the dust has settled. The longer I think about it the more pissed off I get about how it ended. It feels like Jon's entire journey, the BIG secrecy about his true identity, the BIG reveal about his identity, was at the end of the day, for nothing.
    Nope, it's exactly what Bran needed to remove Jon and Dany from the game. He knew exactly what would have happened if Jon found out about his parentage and how it would lead to Dany's downfall.

If anything, Jon should have been crowned and he turned it down to pass it to Bran
    Notice how everyone who knows Jon's true parentage is in that meeting. Arya, Sansa, Tyrion, Sam and Bran... and not a single one bring it up and Bran already knows he's going to be named king "Why do you think I came all the way here?", which explains why he kept turning down being lord of winterfell.

Jon never had a chance to be king, wasn't brought up by Sansa or Sam, 2 people who said he's better and rightful king... even Bran says it to Sam that Jon's the rightful heir to the Seven Kingdoms.

Either the writers were stupid as fuck, or Bran is the true villain of the show and now one ever found out. Like that one girl said, Bran died in that cave. What if the Three Eyed Raven took over his body or merged with him, and it was him all along?