View Poll Results: Is weight gain grounds for divorce?

Voters
188. This poll is closed
  • I met my significant other a certain way and I expect just that. YES its time to move on

93 49.47%
  • It doesn't make the slightest difference to me, my significant is fine any shape or size

95 50.53%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Hmm, love that is conditional like that isn't true love at all.
    What is this "true love" you are talking about lol.
    What we consider "Love" is just a chemical process in the brain where hormones like oxytocin gets emitted in order to mate and keep the human race alive.
    There is no such thing as "true love" besides that.

Sorry to shatter your stupid Disney dreams.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are a LOT of shallow people on this forum I see...

Quote Originally Posted by Rymr View Post
    There are a LOT of shallow people on this forum I see...
    And a lot of people who haven't really experienced the life they so passionately want to talk about.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've had a girlfriend go from 52 kgs to 95 kgs over 4 years. I never loved her any less for that, nor did I want to leave her.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    so genuine curiosity here:
    if you're in a situation where you got into a relationship with someone who was sexually appealing and then for whatever reason they stopped being sexually appealing (in this hypothetical, by becoming physically unappealing to you) is your position that the other person just never gets to have sex again for the rest of their life, and you're fine with that?
    That's not how relationships work, you are supposed to care for them, if they are in trouble it's your responsibility to help them. Obesity is a serious health issue and ultimatums or filing for divorce won't help them fixing the underlying problem causing this issue.

Now about your question, I'm not a big fan of monogamy, however I don't judge people who are. What I know is that when you sign a contract you should stand by it. If both people in this scenario are ok with not having sex for the rest of their lives, all the power to them. If its only one of them who doesn't find the other onr attractive, they should communicate with their SO, if that didn't help, well though luck, buckle up and face the consequences of your actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Now that's true love folks.
    Watched my aunt die to lung cancer and my uncle die to type 2 diabetes after he lost both his legs. If you don't love yourself enough to take care of your own body then i'm not going to stay around to watch the person I deeply love slowly destroy themselves. I'm all for "true love" but i'm not a masochist.

I would even say that when it's unbearable to watch your partner partake in structural self harm it's a sign of a deep and loving relationship.

The question is where do you draw the line. When your partner turns to crack? When your partner cheats? According to you somewhere it's "true love" and somewhere it isn't. Where is that line?
    Last edited by insert random number; 2019-05-24 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Ultimatums are a sign of already dead relationship.
    Hardly. It's making sure the other knows where you draw the line, and giving them a chance to respond to it. I mean, if you'd like to go to marriage counceling for years just so you can avoid saying straight where your line is, then by all means, but don't expect everyone to dance around an issue they feel is too significant to ignore, and too significant to not make absolutely crystal clear point of.

People voting the first option haven't lived for long yet/haven't had any serious/longlasting relationship. But honestly it depends on a scale of a problem, 50 to 80? I won't give a fuck, 100 to 300? No thx.

I'm gonna set the threshold pretty low and say over 300 pounds is not only disgusting but also a health risk. You pick out your wife with the knowledge that she's not gonna get any prettier and probably at least a little bit fat. If you can't handle horror show that is aging then don't get married.

However if your woman isn't sucking you off at least once a day that is grounds for divorce, it should probably hold up in court.

10+ Year Old Account
    True love has its conditions, Hun.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Not in and upon itself but i could see it leading to other issues that might cause a divorce
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I would say yes if the weight gain is a symptom of the couple drifting apart in terms of their values and behavior. Weight gain doesn't happen in a vacuum. One person doesn't suddenly decide one that day that they are going to put on weight like a sumo wrestler.

"Letting go" by one party, lets say the wife, could be because the husband doesn't help around the house at all. She's really busy with the kids and everything and really stressed. On the opposite side, the husband gain weight due to a super stressful long hours job, working hard to afford a wife who stays at home and has time to go to the gym and go on outings with her friends.

It could also be that one side is literally "letting go" after they got married since they feel like they don't need to care about dieting. When in fact, good diet and health should be something people strive for the rest of their life, not just until marriage. Also the fact that they get so fat when their SO is thin is also a disrespect to the thin SO. It takes effort to maintain good diet, it doesn't take any effort to chug soda and eat fries every meal.

I lost 33lbs since March, went from 270 to 237 I wonder if that is grounds for more blowjobs? lol

In all honesty though if they are your person you are with them until the end, if you make an ultimatum like that you don't know hat love is.

You can really tell who has to buy 2 airplane tickets for themselves by their response in this thread
    holy kek
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Say you met your significant other and over time he or she let go of themselves...

Is that grounds for a divorce or at least an ultimatum?

Let me know.
    It's not a question of "grounds for divorce;" there is no such thing. I believe your actual question is is it REASON enough to get divorced. My answer is, if you don't care enough about your partner to accept and/or help them in that situation, then why stay married?

>love
    Romanticizing hormones is laughable. Eventually after the chemistry fades you either become friends who fuck and have obligations or you go your own way.

OT: yea, being with a fattie who doesn’t want to be healthy is a no no

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rymr View Post
    I've had a girlfriend go from 52 kgs to 95 kgs over 4 years. I never loved her any less for that, nor did I want to leave her.
    I would be scared to even let her top me
    S.H.

It's very hard to lose weight. It's a struggle against your own mind.

I wouldn't get rid of my wife just because she was struggling with an issue. I hope she wouldn't get rid of me either.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Say you met your significant other and over time he or she let go of themselves...

Let me know.
    Where is the poll option for having an open and honest discussion with your spouse about their weight, and working together to be the best possible versions of ourselves to make each other happy?

You know, like in the traditional wedding vows.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Let me know.
    You're allowed to divorce for whatever reason you see fit.

I generally feel that people that can't take care of themselves are rather unattractive and it's my experience that they let themselves get fat becuase they are lazy so it's not just unattractive in a physical sense but they also tend to have unattractive personalities.

weight gain wouldn't be the reason i ended a relationship, but it would be a symptom of the reason.

ultimately if you are not fat for a long time, the only way you become fat is if something big in your lifestyle changes. and that lifestyle change might just be bad for a relationship as well as your health.

and since you don't become fat overnight, no doubt that lifestyle change would have come up in conversations many times already before it got to break up territory.