Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've never been less interested in a raid than with Crucible. So no, I couldn't care less if I miss the CE. Awful filler raid that has no reason to exist. It has less relevance than Halion did back in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never saw anything like that mate.

- - - Updated - - -

"weird loot" the loot was fine mate, issue was the raid was too hard, and the loot wasnt worth it since it was only 5-10 above dazar, but way too hard to compensate.
    I can't think of a single item I'd want from that raid as a caster. The trinket sims well, but in practice is a complete nightmare to play with on most fights.

The pants are a sidegrade at best and annoying to play with as well. I don't even think they're a sidegrade for me anymore tbh.

I actually got a 415 will first week and tried playing with it for a while and just had to take it off. I wasn't even getting silenced, it was just complete cancer to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    The simple fact is, CoS isn't worth the effort. It has no special loot, and even titanforging cannot go higher than the ilevel of Uunat, its just easier to run heroic and hope for a titanforge on the one half-decent item that you might want while you clear BoD for mounts.
    Speciation Is Gradual

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    I can't think of a single item I'd want from that raid as a caster. The trinket sims well, but in practice is a complete nightmare to play with on most fights.

The pants are a sidegrade at best and annoying to play with as well. I don't even think they're a sidegrade for me anymore tbh.

I actually got a 415 will first week and tried playing with it for a while and just had to take it off. I wasn't even getting silenced, it was just complete cancer to play with.
    what type of caster are you? cause idk if you know, but there is a caster in every armor type (if you count healers, if not, then no plate caster)

if you mean cloth then

the pants are super good
    the trinket is decent
    the gloves are amazing survival for dps actuallty and super good, cause it just constantly gives you a shield that always stacks and can pretty much never run out as long as you spend any amount of mana every 10 seconds.
    the feet are pretty good, give classes like mine some more movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    And this is why Vanilla has been fabulously popular so far in Beta..... because people *wont* get everything the game has to offer unless they are prepared to grind and sink in the immense amount of time/effort it takes to work for it.
    Yes, that exactly is the reason why Vanilla beta has been so popular, 'cause the average viewer on twitch is so tired of clearing mythic raid after mythic raid and their inflated mythic achievements.

what type of caster are you? cause idk if you know, but there is a caster in every armor type (if you count healers, if not, then no plate caster)

if you mean cloth then

the pants are super good
    the trinket is decent
    the gloves are amazing survival for dps actuallty and super good, cause it just constantly gives you a shield that always stacks and can pretty much never run out as long as you spend any amount of mana every 10 seconds.

You're seriously reaching man, there's no way you don't know how basically worthless those gloves/boots are, how bad the trinket is to play with, or how tedious the pants are.

The trinket is the only item worth using from there, and it's such a burden/hassle to play with on most fights you shouldn't even run it.

I see you on here a lot, you don't have to defend every dumb thing blizzard does.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-06-07 at 01:57 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you mean cloth then

the pants are super good
    the trinket is decent
    All of these benefits come with the drawback of lower secondary stats on the item itself. What's hilarious is that trinket can actually wipe you in the very instance it drops from - getting silenced during your interrupt turn on Cabal is instant death to the entire raid. It's quite rare, but still, the very raid itself works against its' drops.

I imagine pants have similar issues - oops, void zone under me, have to move... except if I do move, the item will explode and kill me because I have -90% hp. All that risk for a tiny bit higher dps in 100% optimal conditions.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-06-07 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    It has less relevance than Halion did back in Wrath.
    Halion 25m had some good trinkets. That tank trinket was so good they had to nerf it in Cata because it was plain better than the hc dungeon drop that was made for players 10 levels higher.

Both Cos bosses got huge nerfs already, so it's good idea since it's only 2 boss raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got 425 pants and they simmed 53 dps lower and i dont use the trinket because i actually have to do stuff on fights as a mage, or we have to stack up in melee. Its awful. Im glad we arent doing it and just farming jaina mounts.

Felplague doesnt do mythic so dont take his opinion too seriously.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-06-07 at 02:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're seriously reaching man, there's no way you don't know how basically worthless those gloves/boots are, how bad the trinket is to play with, or how tedious the pants are.

The trinket is the only item worth using from there, and it's such a burden/hassle to play with on most fights you shouldn't even run it.

I see you on here a lot, you don't have to defend every dumb thing blizzard does.
    lol i really dont, but these forums are full of idiots who just say stupid shit that i have to disagree with. like that the gloves that give a constant shield is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Dumb to remove the COS achievements, it hasn't been available very long at all. Alliance HOF won't even fill before they close it. They should just remove the Jaina one and kept COS obtainable like they did with Helya during NH. This will be the first CE my guild misses because we decided to just farm Jaina mounts and give people a break before starting progression again.
    The difference is that EN/NH were always marketed as the opening tier of Legion, with ToV added in the middle. Azshara is the equivalent to ToS, not NH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Normal comps can kill them if you're a top 100 guild.

I mean there's only 81 Uu'nat kills and we're on the brink of CE going away. That's unprecedented. The last time there were this few kills before the next patch was Kel'Thuzad in Naxxramas 40.

It just seems odd to add these fights and invalidate them like 3 months later. If it's a fun fight as you say (I wouldn't know my guild killed mythic Jaina and mythic Cabal attempts were a disaster and we have no spriests.) it seems a shame that basically no one will experience mythic Uu'nat.

Here's a silly idea if they're dead set on releasing Azshara's Palace now. What if they tuned up Crucible and improved its loot to Azshara's Palace level?
    We really aren't. Even if the patch hits with the reset(it won't), there's still 2 more weeks left. The real problem is that outside of nerfs, there's not really anything making the fights easier. You can't really get more gear than the top guilds had when they killed it. The final 2 weeks of it being available we get the neck essences, which are a pretty big power spike, meaning that's when it gets easier.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

You can say whatever you want, the vast majority of high-end raiders disagree with you. There is no scenario in which that shield is worth the loss of secondary stats, period.

The loot is bad, it's not good, nobody wants to use that shit, if the trinket (the best item in the raid for casters) isn't even used that much, what makes you think mediocre gloves/boots/pants will be used?

I see you repeatedly say things that are not only false, but reveal a deep misunderstanding of how this game works. I saw you on the warlock forums not even a week ago trying to claim aff was a good pvp spec and not being played because "destro is insane."

I'm starting to suspect you don't even play the game, at least at any real level. That, or you're just a contrarian saying these things because you want to argue.

I've never even seen anyone else claim those boots/pants/gloves are good, not one person.

if you mean cloth then

the pants are super good
    the trinket is decent
    The legs are barely better than ones with passive stats(and much more limiting). The trinket is very good on 1-2 targets and then falls behind. The gloves are trash, you pay secondary stat for a pretty mediocre absorb(for mage/lock, anyway, priest gets nothing). The boots might be nice but have unfortunate secondary stats. Overall the loot is not worth doing CoS for.

As priest, the only ways you're going to trigger the absorb are PW:S(which you only use for the sprint) which you need to cast 2.5x to have spent the 10k mana the gloves require, or Mass Dispel which costs 13k mana but has a 45 sec CD. And that gets you a 3k absorb.
    As a mage/warlock it takes 5 Shadowbolts or Frostbolts, so for those classes it's probably comparable to having leech on the gloves, but you're paying secondary stats for it.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2019-06-07 at 02:27 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    We really aren't. Even if the patch hits with the reset(it won't), there's still 2 more weeks left. The real problem is that outside of nerfs, there's not really anything making the fights easier. You can't really get more gear than the top guilds had when they killed it. The final 2 weeks of it being available we get the neck essences, which are a pretty big power spike, meaning that's when it gets easier.
    You still have to farm for the essences and not all of them are available until the raid opens. It's entirely possible that some specs won't be able to get their biggest power spike for few more weeks and by then the achievement will be gone.

Either way, it doesn't really change much. People who weren't well progressed on Uu'nat by that time, aren't getting the CE. And if there aren't any major nerfs within next two weeks (for both bosses), it will be 200 guilds or so - which would make it the lowest amount in the history of this achievement.

On a plus side, Ion is getting pretty close to Jaina kill. He only recently discovered that tanks can survive for several minutes during P1 transition, so who knows what changes might happen once he actually witnesses Mythic CoS. ("Hotfix: Absorbs are now capped at target's maximum hitpoints")
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-06-07 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never even seen anyone else claim those boots/pants/gloves are good, not one person.
    415 pants are bis for me in frost until mythic wavecallers drop. The dmg isn't huge, and knowing when to activate them is part of the battle. Boots and gloves are trash though.

The trinket; its basically for fire mages only, and since fire is practically unusable on most raid encounters it means the trinket is relegated to open world play.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    On a plus side, Ion is getting pretty close to Jaina kill. He only recently discovered that tanks can survive for several minutes during P1 transition, so who knows what changes might happen once he actually witnesses Mythic CoS.
    Omegalul. Tanks weren't even the worst issue, we had a shaman in ghost wolf with the "heal in ghost wolf" trait outlive all the tanks, it was a good moment for sneaky bathroom break. Also why did they make the tempest bar reset at wall phase but not in p1, no idea. The "stop dps at 62% and wait" is the most boring moment, you can usually push before it happens, but sometimes you lose time because someone got iceblocked or died, etc. I imagine it happens a lot in the recently progressed on Jaina guilds.

But biggest reason my guild isn't touching COS is the lack of disc priests, I swear Anub'arak / Lich King happened so long ago Blizzard would learn after all these years to stop designing mechanics that can be cheesed with disc priests, but are much more annoying to manage without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Omegalul. Tanks weren't even the worst issue, we had a shaman in ghost wolf with the "heal in ghost wolf" trait outlive all the tanks, it was a good moment for sneaky bathroom break. Also why did they make the tempest bar reset at wall phase but not in p1, no idea. The "stop dps at 62% and wait" is the most boring moment, you can usually push before it happens, but sometimes you lose time because someone got iceblocked or died, etc. I imagine it happens a lot in the recently progressed on Jaina guilds.

But biggest reason my guild isn't touching COS is the lack of disc priests, I swear Anub'arak / Lich King happened so long ago Blizzard would learn after all these years to stop designing mechanics that can be cheesed with disc priests, but are much more annoying to manage without them.
    You barely even have to make use of the buff on Cabal anymore. Just keep it through the first 2 Crushing Doubts with raid CDs/personals, then after that you can pretty much dispel it any time anything dangerous is about to happen.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    415 pants are bis for me in frost until mythic wavecallers drop. The dmg isn't huge, and knowing when to activate them is part of the battle. Boots and gloves are trash though.

The trinket; its basically for fire mages only, and since fire is practically unusable on most raid encounters it means the trinket is relegated to open world play.
    You just said "these pants are bis for me until I get a pair from an easy boss in mythic BoD."

Like, this is what I'm talking about. The items are not worth it, the place is not worth raiding on mythic for most guilds and the loot is questionable.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    if your guild is pushing for mythic uu'nat, you better pray your raiders don't burn out before azshara is over. more pulls in CoS than needed to clear all of BoD, within 2 months of a new tier? people need breaks from the game, and unless you're day raiding or on a 5 day prog schedule, you won't get one longer than 1-3 weeks, which is ridiculous