Gamefreak will sell millions without even trying with the double dipping game format.

Its no wonder they've never had to sweat and stress which can lead to creativity/inspiration and more creative risks.

They're all guaranteed a fat bonus because the game will sell well regardless of quality so monday mornings/friday afternoons must be a blast to work there where everyone is chill and you can just sip on tea and catch up on social media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is a sequel.

A new whole game.

Not a DLC or expansion.

A. SEQUEL.

Well a whole new game wouldn't refurbish the map like this one is going to do.

This is more like a DLC Sequel or Expansion sequel that will cost 60 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Fucking Christ let them go. I didnt bitch when you couldnt bring them in from gen 2 to 3. Fresh starts make the best pokemon games
    There's a huge difference between "all the Gen 2 pokemon would be incredibly weak and bad due to how IVs are changing" and "a large amount from past generations aren't allowed because it'll take too long". Plus we have the remakes of Gen 1 (both in Gen 3 and 7), Gen 2 (in Gen 4), and the Virtual Console releases of both on the 3DS, BOTH of which allow you to transfer 'mons to Pokemon Bank (and it changes their IVs to the new system, I assume randomly).

I'd prefer the game delayed a full year to 2020 or even later (or patches thrown in as time goes on) to allow EVERY Pokemon in than this solution. "Gotta Catch em All", more like "Gotta catch only the ones we decided to improve".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    There's a huge difference between "all the Gen 2 pokemon would be incredibly weak and bad due to how IVs are changing" and "a large amount from past generations aren't allowed because it'll take too long". Plus we have the remakes of Gen 1 (both in Gen 3 and 7), Gen 2 (in Gen 4), and the Virtual Console releases of both on the 3DS, BOTH of which allow you to transfer 'mons to Pokemon Bank (and it changes their IVs to the new system, I assume randomly).

I'd prefer the game delayed a full year to 2020 or even later (or patches thrown in as time goes on) to allow EVERY Pokemon in than this solution. "Gotta Catch em All", more like "Gotta catch only the ones we decided to improve".
    They didnt do it because it was a hardware issue so I dont know what you're talking about since you later go on to say it didnt matter about ivs.

Having like 1k with new moves every game isnt realistic anymore. They put themselves into a corner with this when they wanted to end pokemon with gen 2. Also there are 1300 digimon but only 240 in cyber slueth. Did I bitch then or just enjoy the game? I just enjoyed the game
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-06-12 at 11:33 PM.

Dude said delay the game a full year lol...

A Pokemon game getting delayed, hell would freeze over and pigs will fly before that ever happens.

If Nintendo was fully in charge of development and the Pokemon IP it probably would be delayed to make it higher quality, but TPC operates more like a 3rd party for the most part and is all about profits.

Shit like what you saw happen with MP4 and BoTW or to a lesser extent the new AC will never happen with a Pokemon game, got to keep the release schedule up. The CoD of JPRGs lol.

Not to mention that as gens have gone on and on, your 'mons become more and more specialized (egg moves, hidden abilities, ivs, natures, shiny, etc.). So comparing the pokemon in gen 3 you left behind is not even the same.

The appeal of this franchise is the characters - it can never have "too many" characters, and quite frankly, every subsequent game should have ALL of them available in some fashion at the bare minimum. None of the animations / models we've seen are a step above the 3DS ones albeit with better textures so I don't see that as an excuse.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2019-06-13 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this is public yet: Breath of the Wild 2 announced.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Majora's Mask would like a word with u.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Majora's Mask would like a word with u.
    Not to mention BoTW is the most expensive game Nintendo has ever made. They're gonna double, maybe even triple dip on the asset re-use with it this gen to make that initial investment a really, really good one instead of just a good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post

This is more like a DLC Sequel or Expansion sequel that will cost 60 bucks.
    Glad people judge before we see the full scope of this sequel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not to mention BoTW is the most expensive game Nintendo has ever made. They're gonna double, maybe even triple dip on the asset re-use with it this gen to make that initial investment a really, really good one instead of just a good one.
    It was obvious from the beginning they would double-dip at the very least with the engine and general mechanics. Whether that would translate into a direct sequel or a different timeline was the only unknown variable until yesterday.

Let's just hope they take some of that feedback about weapons to heart and you can just quick switch.

Artists rendition of me right now:

https://imgur.com/eq2ednX

(also why do imgur embeds not work anymore?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Supposedly its listed in Japan for June 14, so we gotta wait for midnight japanese time at the very least. That would be 2 hours away from now.

Embed the image, not the web page

Last edited by Lahis; 2019-06-13 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I wanted them to do that because that means i get more Zelda, if they have to start from scratch use a new engine the game is going to take 2 years longer to make and i already have to wait long enough between zelda releases.

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it. But the producer for Super Mario Maker 2, Takashi Tezuka confirmed during the E3 Nintendo Treehouse that the ability to play online with friends will be added to the game in a future update.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...32590384701440

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it. But the producer for Super Mario Maker 2, Takashi Tezuka confirmed during the E3 Nintendo Treehouse that the ability to play online with friends will be added to the game in a future update.

There are devs who listen to feedback.

And then there's Game Freak...

10+ Year Old Account

Right click on the image, copy link adress, then use that. The link should end in .jpg, .png, or .gif

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post

Honestly impressive(ly stupid) that it wasn't planned originally.

I cannot believe how utterly fucking incompetent Game Freak are!

Some one for the love of god make them hire ACTUAL GODDAMN CODERS! This is pathetic.

Some one for the love of god make them hire ACTUAL GODDAMN CODERS! This is pathetic.
    What is that honestly suppose to fix?

You realize how many different sizes and shapes the pokemon come in?

You can't just "code" the clouds in that case, because half of them would be clipping through models, or just janky.

Also jesus christ before you post something claiming it's fact at least google it real quick.

https://twitter.com/Slowflake1601/st...99552207163394

I'm honestly not sure. Whoever brought it up didn't say, but apparently there's evidence that Dynamax models aren't just regular models upscaled. I know nothing about this sort of thing though, so I couldn't tell you.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-06-13 at 05:36 PM.

I want to know his sources. Because people can say any old bullshit and some dumbasses will believe them.