Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I also loved Aquaman.
    Happy for you man but i loved Mera she was hotter.

I've spent 10 minutes trying to remember the last movie I watched and I am pretty sure it was some movie with Mel Gibson, Marky Mark, Will Ferrell and old mate John Lithgow. Daddys Home 2 it was after some googling.
    Er I guess 6.5/10 it was a funny heart felt type Christmas period type of movie. I think the one before that was the Warcraft movie which I thought was pretty shit but I did like the fact that every single background piece of scenery was identifiable from the game, from what I remember thinking when watching it.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Godzilla - King of Monsters. I'd give it a solid 7/10. Just park your brain, and allow yourself to be taken for an action and effects heavy ride

5+ Year Old Account
    Mother!

8/10 - excellent, but some complex concepts and an ending that undermined the strength of the central aspects of the film.

I walked into this a little apprehensive, because I'm in no way a huge fan of JLaw. I've never been more wrong about my apprehensions, however. The movie was magnificently harrowing, intriguingly historic in concept and really effectively approached this sense of dark, foreboding, oppression which I've not felt since I watched Hereditary. The biblical/old testament references (Cain and Abel; Sodom and Gomorrah/False Gods/Abraham) were so well thought out and it really did send a tingle down my spine. The imagery in general was very well executed, and the cameos were well placed, un-prescribed and generally did not seem precocious (they were just represented as chaotic symbols of the main characters spiralling despair - such as Michelle Pfeiffer representing Eve/Ed Helm Adam etc.). The ending soured it a little, but I think that the messaging and the inescapability of Bardem's character's conclusion really cements the despair that this film is meant to make the watcher feel - almost Sisyphean.
    Last edited by Stooned; 2019-06-07 at 10:58 AM.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Serenity (2005) - 9/10

The only thing I didn't like was Chiwetel Ejiofor. This is an offbeat universe and Ejiofor is too much of a straight man to play the main villain in it, so I deduct a point.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I Am Mother 9/10

Surprisingly good. Very solid sci-fi movie. Looks great, acting is great, story is good and smart. Netflix got it right with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad Samaritan: 6.5 ~ 10 Moron tries to do right and gets wrecked. Movie's mostly silly, but David Tennant was nice and slimy, keeping me entertained enough. Some decently tense moments, with an odd laugh or two.

Be My Slave (Watashi no dorei ni narinasai): 5 ~ 10 Dumbass bites off more than his weiner can chew. Hilarity ensues. Bonus points for Mitsu Dan's hotness.

Godzilla Animated Trilogy (Planet of the Monsters, City on the Edge of Battle, and The Planet Eater): 5 ~ 10 I totally forgot I watched this a couple weeks ago. That... that pretty much says it all.

Hounds of Love: 7 ~ 10 Listen to your mom, kids. Point deducted for reasons.

Invasion of Astro-Monster: 9 ~ 10 Yay, we did it! The monsters aren't being controlled anymore! Oh shit... THE MONSTERS AREN'T BEING CONTROLLED ANYMORE!!

Man-Thing: 1 ~ 10 Mediocre with poor acting. Effects weren't very special. Too many jarring scene transitions with LOUD NOISES!!

Searching: 9 ~ 10 Pretty solid and holds up reasonably well even after a second viewing. I especially enjoyed the opening few minutes. Good stuff.

The Villainess: 8 ~ 10 Borrows heavily from other films in the genre, but is pretty damn satisfying: Protagonist is a badass. Shit escalates. Bodies hit the floor.

There's quite a bit of creative long take camera work with some inspired violence that's wonderful, but also a few confounding scenes where they opt for rapid edits. The story's mostly whatever with some wonky pacing, but worth a watch anywho, and Kim Ok-vin is solid.

ninjaedit:

Dark Phoenix: 4 ~ 10 Messy. Movie suffered every time Fassbender and McAvoy weren't onscreen. I liked the parts were no one tried to act and they just tried to pew-pew each other. Another bad ending to an X-Men film series.

Feral: 2 ~ 10 OK LISSEN this moovy DONT HAF durid.
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2019-06-10 at 09:51 PM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

A Star is Born - 8.5/10: Really well done. If I had to nitpick, I wish the relationship between he and his brother was hashed out a bit better, and some of the wonky editing didn't do the movie any favors.

Beyond that, stellar performances, and a good (if not 'done already') story. Definitely one of the better flicks I've seen lately.

John Wick 3 8/10

Movies like this are a treat when cinemas are flooded with superheroes. I just wish they could focus even more on guns and slaughter, more so then fightscenes with fists/knifes. I never liked westerns fight scenes, they are so slow compared to asians that it looks as dumb as when females such as widow fights (avenger). The movie for me felt it lacked a proper villain this time, so I think this is the weaker movie in the series. It got a good build up at the end and I hope they take notes on fights scenes. More guns, I'd like to see arms and limbs flying with delicious gun sounds and splatter.

Of course this movie is very unrealistic, and sometimes the scripting was a bit too obvious such as a guy just laying there doing nothing waiting for his friend just an arms lenght away to be finished. Glad they introduced dogs with bulletproof armor, and it served great purpose helping a female fighter out to compensate for her weaker phsyical strenght.

I Am Mother 9/10

Was one of the better sci-fi movies i have seen in some time.
    If they would made it more R-rated and would play abit more into the horror element it would had been a 10/10.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2019-06-12 at 03:14 PM.

Dark Phoenix last night at movie theater.

It was....mildly entertaining, but completely predictable and straightforward. You can guess exactly what's going to happen.

1.25/10 only because it's a high budget movie that looks nice. It'd be like a 0.5/10 for content. Maybe even a 0.25/10 if you take into consideration that the content is like...rebooted from a movie within the past 2 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Avengers Endgame 8,5 / 10

Been talked to death. I like it a bit less these days, just too much discussions around the logic and all. Infinity Wars would get a better rating, like 9/10
    Infinity war is the better film because it has FARRRR better pacing.

Superhero flicks/ big blockbusters live and die on their pacing. You dont want to get caught up thinking about convoluted plot too much. End game is a rather dull affair laying out all the time travel rules.

You already fucked up when you have to explain the plot. Show not tell. Principals of film making.

10+ Year Old Account
    X-Men: Dark Phoenix - 7/10

I had prepared myself for possibly the worst X-Men film in the franchise. I was there when X-Men 1 opened, I was there every Saturday morning when the 90s animated X-Men series came on, and I practically have the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Sagas committed to memory, so I had to see this film despite the horrible press.

I liked it. I thought it had some of the best action sequences in the entire franchise's history, and I thought it was just a solid film that had an emotional payoff. If I went expecting the comics story then maybe my heart would have been crushed but the X-Men films have been their own altered universe as far as I was concerned. I just wanted something better than Last Stand and Dark Phoenix was way better imo.

I'm sad that the film is doing so poorly financially but as a fan of the franchise, I'm happy that how it all ended, despite the flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    John Wick 3 - 4/10

First Wick was sooo damn good. Then in the second and now third it just feels bland. In the first movie, his adversaries felt like compitent henchmen. No match for John ofc, he outsmarts them, sneaks around and do some stealth kills and most importantly, it is usually just he vs 2-3 at the time.

Now they have John go up against atleast 20 people at the same time, these are not even normal henchmen to some random mafia boss, these are assassins just like John himself. But they all misses, they are all incompitent. Yes I know his suit is bulletproof but his head and hands are not... The scene with the motercycles were pretty cool, but later when you realized the bad guy had a gun you ask yourself, why not try and shoot John instead of having that sword fight. Or earlier when John get hit by 2 cars. He is laying on the ground, defenceless but the bad guys doesn't do anything until he get back up on his feet and runs away. They also did not need him falling down the building, he is no superhero but w/e It is not fun at that point. Like I don't wanna see Conor McGregor in the ring fightning against 5 people with brain damage, it's not fun.

So I hope in Wick 4 we see a flashback were he takes the supersoldier serum, atleast then I know how he can pull all these things off.

Aquaman 8.5/10

Just saw Detective Pikachu. 7 out of 10 for me. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would--it was fun, funny at points, didn't take itself too seriously, the Pokemon looked great. It was predictable and light, but you can't expect a Shawshank Redemption out of a movie like this,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    John Wick 3 - 4/10
    Totally agree with you. So overplayed and overrated.

I watch probably close to 365 movies a year, nearly watch one every night and sometimes more if I am in the mood.

John Wick 3 7/10
    Batman vs Ninja Turtles 8/10
    Bright Burn 8/10
    Godzilla King of the Monsters 6/10
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Last Black Man in San Francisco 10/10

Beautifully shot, acted and directed. Fantastic example of cinema operating at the highest level of the medium. This is exceptional.

Men in Black International 2/10

It was in focus and coherent. The exact opposite of the above, however. There is no art in this movie. It's just product.

"Us" (2019) - 10.

Made by the worlds funniest man(Jordan Peele) I wonder why his 2 first movies / non minute skecthes are both horror flicks without any humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulos View Post
    "Us" (2019) - 10.

Made by the worlds funniest man(Jordan Peele) I wonder why his 2 first movies / non minute skecthes are both horror flicks without any humor.
    Without any humor? Both of these movies have a very dark humor and its quite obvious. Everyone I know who has seen these movies laugh at one point or another

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I watch probably close to 365 movies a year, nearly watch one every night and sometimes more if I am in the mood.
    Thanks for that enthralling story! I was on the edge of my seat from beginning until the end. I'm so glad so many people asked for you to share it
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.