Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post

Nope. I'm done with WoW.
    So the game millions still play is over when you leave, I guess. Alright, lol.

until they officially announce it at blizzcon, it's really anyones guess what exactly they do with the level squish.

but it has to be more then a literal devide by two if they don't want to be laughed at. i like the d3 style adventure mode idea thats been going around.

Hard to misinterpret it. The literal phrasing is "The 'Level Squish' will reduce the total number of levels required to access the most current game content. The new level cap will be dramatically lower than the current level cap of 120" (emphasis mine).

As an example, in the 9.0 prepatch they could squish levels to 40, and then we level to 50 in X8.

The only real debate to be had is if they intend to actually do it or not.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    As an example, in the 9.0 prepatch they could squish levels to 40, and then we level to 50 in X8.
    going below 60 seems quite bold.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to misinterpret it. The literal phrasing is "The 'Level Squish' will reduce the total number of levels required to access the most current game content.
    you can interpret that in many ways. the most important different interpretation being how, if at all, leveling time is affected.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    The purpose of reducing the max level to 60 is to make it so when Classic Wow & Retail Wow merge in wow 2, the level caps aren't different.
    Expect to see Retail & Classic merge player bases in a new WOW2 come 2-3 years.
    Please a number to your dealer fast, no questions.

Not reading every response, so if it’s been said I apologize; but there was an interview or blue post where devs stated that, for new players, seeing a game where you have to level 120 seems daunting. A level squish seems pretty in line to not make new players feel overwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    until they officially announce it at blizzcon, it's really anyones guess
    Let's be real, even at the announcement, it's likely that they're just going to say the bare minimum and we wont know until it's on the PTR.

"Revamped leveling system!"
    "Cool! What level will we be?"
    "REVAMPED LEVELING SYSTEM!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Maybe what they intend to do was never cut the maximum level into a percent of what it is now but perhaps, what they mean by "squishing" is gradual introduction of a lower level max "soft cap" until it gradually reach the expac's max intended level cap like a scalingmax level....
    After all every system of scaling mechanics are now in place..
    Your thoughts?
    Fuck no, dude. They did a stat squish and they didn't pat it's butt a little and then off we went. No, they bent our 2000+ Stamina et al stats over and screwed it over with a sandpaper condom. It then became a 55+ Stamina stat.

This level squish is gonna be just that, 1-60 and then add 5 or 10 more levels every other expansion. I like it but the experience we get is gonna suck to level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    The purpose of reducing the max level to 60 is to make it so when Classic Wow & Retail Wow merge in wow 2, the level caps aren't different.
    Expect to see Retail & Classic merge player bases in a new WOW2 come 2-3 years.
    why would they do that if they're going to be two completely different experiences on two completely different servers?
    i highly doubt there will ever be a wow 2 since it's really hard to recapture lightning in a bottle.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Yet I'm still not wrong.
    There is a 99.99% chance there will be another WoW expansion. For all intents and purposes you are wrong. Blizzard will release another expansion for WoW. That way may be the last expansion and they change business models or stop support. But it is to late into the expansion cycle for them to not release another expansion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

going below 60 seems quite bold.

you can interpret that in many ways. the most important different interpretation being how, if at all, leveling time is affected.
    So I tell you there is a number X. I tell you I will "reduce the total number" and you can interpret that as X still being the same value? That's what's being said here.

I also said "as an example", the number was arbitrary.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

So I tell you there is a number X. I tell you I will "reduce the total number" and you can interpret that as X still being the same value? That's what's being said here.

I also said "as an example", the number was arbitrary.
    but it's not just a number. its a number + a unit. 120 old levels vs xx new levels. knowing the number changes doesn't mean much if you don't know how/if the unit will change.

they could mean 60 minutes becomes 30 minutes, or they could mean 60 minutes becomes 1 hour.

but it's not just a number. its a number + a unit. 120 old levels vs xx new levels. knowing the number changes doesn't mean much if you don't know how/if the unit will change.

they could mean 60 minutes becomes 30 minutes, or they could mean 60 minutes becomes 1 hour.
    Saved. Comedy gold.

Let the rush to edit begin!

It needs to be done. It also needs to be done without having the leveling NOT take longer than it already does. Its such a chore these days, and the char boost is more and more tempting as the days go by, as I sure Blizzard already knows..

Also, if they can make the leveling somewhat logic for new players it would probably help alot. I bet its frustrating for Blizzard having the story be in such a total mess from lvl 1 to 120, since they obviously focus more and more on telling a story.

After playing the game after all these years and seen the stat squish a few times, I dont mind a lvl squish either. You react on and notice it the first couple of days, then you forget about it. Everything goes rather quickly back to "normal".

Probably the easiest thing to do is cut the amount of experience needed for each level by 50% or so (except for 110-120). Keeping the same 1-120 levels but just make leveling faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Probably the easiest thing to do is cut the amount of experience needed for each level by 50% or so (except for 110-120). Keeping the same 1-120 levels but just make leveling faster.
    but thats not their goal.

their goal is to sell much more char boosts

so dont be surprised when after change leveling will take 200% current time.

because "everybody on classic beta loves slow hard leveling"

im just saying "be careful what you wish for"

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Saved. Comedy gold.
    Might not be worded well but I think the point is that Blizzard could reduce the level by half. However it might take half as long to level as well (60 mins becoming 30 mins) or it may take the same time to level (60 mins becoming 1 hour - levelling will take as long - in other words exactly as it is now but they've described it differently - I doubt this will be what they do because there is absolutely no sense to making the change if it is just a level number. I'm still cynical enough to think they may do it though)

I don't trust Blizzard to implement it well. For the level squish it was always said you would be able to do content you could before the squish and that was always wrong as multiple pieces of content I did became undoable after the squish.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-06-21 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but thats not their goal.

their goal is to sell much more char boosts

so dont be surprised when after change leveling will take 200% current time.

because "everybody on classic beta loves slow hard leveling"

im just saying "be careful what you wish for"
    How does the money earned with boosts compare to maintained/news subscriptions? Given how the game is currently structured people want to have fun at max level like how in any other game you get to frag without having to spend days of gameplay to get there, everything else being mostly a chore.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    How does the money earned with boosts compare to maintained/news subscriptions? Given how the game is currently structured people want to have fun at max level like how in any other game you get to frag without having to spend days of gameplay to get there, everything else being mostly a chore.
    But fun isn't necessarily pooled at max content. There are lots of features and game content within leveling bracket that is fun for a lot of audiences. They just have to highlight it.