Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    terribly designed land mass
    I am glad I am not the only one that finds this place kind of irritating.

Looks pretty, but that is about it.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I am glad I am not the only one that finds this place kind of irritating.

Looks pretty, but that is about it.
    Might be harder to navigate than Argus, which I agree that in that way it is quite irritating, but personally I don't mind it too much since unlike Argus we will actually be able to fly on Nazjatar, and it's only one of the zones added. Mechagon has a more ground friendly design.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Wow Blizzard, so much content for the time we waited for this patch. Like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW SO MUCH CONTENT HOLY SHIT 8.2 SAVED BFA!

We will have ever so much fun with this timegating! We will laugh, sing and dance! La lalalala lalala la la la!
    I see you talking about timegating all over the place. I don't think you know what the word means. 8.2 has the least amount of timegating out of any content patch in recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    did you come here to complain about time gating content? something that has been in the game since classic? OH what is that? need a example? tell me how the grind to opening of AQ gate goes. That raid is literally hidden behind a huge grind.

Just take a extra look at every xpac of wow and you will realise "timegating" has always been a thing in the game in one way or another.

Imagine if Blizzard made us grind ALOT to open the Aszhara raid. Needing a whole server to grind just to open it. The outcry would be insane. But nah, good for classic. Bad for retail right?
    Don't even bother, haters are too retarded to actually reason with.

15+ Year Old Account
    People even complain about the structure of a zone. They always will find something to whine about. I love the patch and am glad there are things to do again.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Wow Blizzard, so much content for the time we waited for this patch. Like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW SO MUCH CONTENT HOLY SHIT 8.2 SAVED BFA!

We will have ever so much fun with this timegating! We will laugh, sing and dance! La lalalala lalala la la la!

so if they didn't time gate things..and you spenty 48 hours non-stop doing everything, to then come here and cry that there's not enough content and not enough to do? Your why the WoW community is utterly sh*t these days. stop complaining over something that's been around since the very beginning. I hope your not playing classic, where stuff is time gated considerably worse between rep/resist gear/etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Patch 8.2

"Hello, we've replaced your hamster wheel with a shiny new merry go 'round! Enjoy!"

Addic..I mean Players: "OMG HYPE!!! YEET YEET I LOVE THIS PATCH, WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING, SO MUCH STUFF TO DOOOOO!!!?????"

Man i wish blizzard would pay me to utter some shitty praise for tjis game. I mean, should you even care about wow anymore? Answer is "no" by the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Man i wish blizzard would pay me to utter some shitty praise for tjis game. I mean, should you even care about wow anymore? Answer is "no" by the way.
    Same could be said about any form of entertainment then.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Patch 8.2

"Hello, we've replaced your hamster wheel with a shiny new merry go 'round! Enjoy!"

Addic..I mean Players: "OMG HYPE!!! YEET YEET I LOVE THIS PATCH, WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING, SO MUCH STUFF TO DOOOOO!!!?????"
    Hamster wheel is the whole our life lul

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    so if they didn't time gate things..and you spenty 48 hours non-stop doing everything, to then come here and cry that there's not enough content and not enough to do? Your why the WoW community is utterly sh*t these days. stop complaining over something that's been around since the very beginning. I hope your not playing classic, where stuff is time gated considerably worse between rep/resist gear/etc.
    Please explain to me how resist gear is timegated in classic?

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla time gate: Here's your gigantic raid with pre-raid event and that class re-work you all requested! Stay tuned til next patch in a month or two for another class re-work, a new 20 man raid and a new dungeon! (Only the event is time gated because it's a server wide push for a shared goal.)

BFA time gate: Here's your raid and a bunch of stuff we had to fix! Stay tuned in 4 months for a raid and maybe a dungeon! (Random things are gated from dungeon difficulty to raid difficulty to PVP season to M+ this and that, to what you can actually do with crafting, etc, etc)
    Last edited by msdos; 2019-06-26 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget the usual gating, that jelly fish WQ will keep you logged for hours!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    did you come here to complain about time gating content? something that has been in the game since classic? OH what is that? need a example? tell me how the grind to opening of AQ gate goes. That raid is literally hidden behind a huge grind.

Just take a extra look at every xpac of wow and you will realise "timegating" has always been a thing in the game in one way or another.

Imagine if Blizzard made us grind ALOT to open the Aszhara raid. Needing a whole server to grind just to open it. The outcry would be insane. But nah, good for classic. Bad for retail right?
    This is disingenuous.

It isn't a matter of time gated content, but how little content there was to begin with, the length of time to release additional content, and how the amount of content actually compares.

Let's just look at important comparisons:

Legion Release - 8/30/16
    7.2. Release - 3/28/17

BfA Release - 8/14/18
    8.2 Release - 6/25/19 (3 1/2 months longer than it took in Legion)

Legion Launch Content - People were still playing months after launch (and the amount of content for professions including Legendary fishing pole quests speak for themselves)
    BfA Launch Content - Substantially numbers of people were quitting less than a month, even more after they were quickly bored with the first raid

7.2 Content - New zone, lots of quests and WQ, new elements of the game
    8.2 Content - New zone, lots of quests and WQ, new elements of the game (in other words, about the same)

Theres literally no winning in this. If mobs takes time/skill to kill in retail people say "its so content lasts longer, timegate shit".

When classic releases were everything is slow and some take skill, people say "this is what MMORPG is about".

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How about we withhold judgement and see how the story and dungeons end up playing out?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres literally no winning in this. If mobs takes time/skill to kill in retail people say "its so content lasts longer, timegate shit".

When classic releases were everything is slow and some take skill, people say "this is what MMORPG is about".
    Hey, i was pleasantly surprised to find myself dieing a couple of times. While Im not mythic raiding geared, sitting at 405 i was expecting to blast through stuff, but nope, stuff does take a bit to kill.

Imagine ny surprise rushing into a cave to mine smth and be faced with like 4 or 5 elements plus an elite. Yep, dead. That's fine with me.

Loving Mechagon so far, right up my alley. I have a thing for all things Gnome and Engineering related so that might play in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    This is disingenuous.

It isn't a matter of time gated content, but how little content there was to begin with, the length of time to release additional content, and how the amount of content actually compares.

Let's just look at important comparisons:

Legion Release - 8/30/16
    7.2. Release - 3/28/17

BfA Release - 8/14/18
    8.2 Release - 6/25/19 (3 1/2 months longer than it took in Legion)

Legion Launch Content - People were still playing months after launch (and the amount of content for professions including Legendary fishing pole quests speak for themselves)
    BfA Launch Content - Substantially numbers of people were quitting less than a month, even more after they were quickly bored with the first raid

8.2 Content - New zone, lots of quests and WQ, new elements of the game (in other words, about the same)
    oh dont get me wrong, I think 8.2 should have arrived sooner. Blizzard didnt deliver on this part, thats for sure. It should have been released probably 1-2 months ago, atleast.

But, now its here and theres lots to do. Lots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Hey, i was pleasantly surprised to find myself dieing a couple of times. While Im not mythic raiding geared, sitting at 405 i was expecting to blast through stuff, but nope, stuff does take a bit to kill.

Imagine ny surprise rushing into a cave to mine smth and be faced with like 4 or 5 elements plus an elite. Yep, dead. That's fine with me.
    Agreed! Fresh change of pace, gotta pay somewhat attention to what you are doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Correction: 8.2 doesn't add a new zone but new zoneS. Also, I'm not sure exactly what new elements other than the Broken Shore building system (and what came with it, which was pretty good) outside of quests.

Also, Tomb of Sargeras didn't release with 7.2, but opened 84 days later, a week after 7.2.5