Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Which Spec is Extremely Rewarding and Interesting when played Skilfully?

Is there a spec i dont know about out there that fits this criteria?

I only know of 1 spec, which is Nightelf Havoc Demon Hunter

You can make an entire youtube video alone with Shadowmeld immunity on Greater Pyros and Chaos Bolts
    Another video using Blade Dance immunity on kidney shots and Monk Stuns
    Rain From Above immunity against warrior stun on reaction
    Metamorphosis immunity frames on Death Coils, Greater Pytos and Chaos Bolts
    Pre-emptive use of Darkness or Blur right before a stun
    Fel Rush behind a target when he is about to finish a cast

Its impossible for me to go back after playing Nighelf DH PvP...what am i going to do? Go back to playing Rogue? No thanks...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-07-01 at 03:48 PM.

Does that RfA work on stun? I thought it was just Meta leap that let you avoid it. Will have to give that a try later! and to answer your question, I'm not sure. I only ever PVP with my DH too. I like healing sometimes but you can only do so much yourself with your own skill before it comes down to your teammates. Ret is good atm, but its so difficult to go from DH to slower classes, I keep hitting my Fel Rush button and nothing happens lol

DH is great in M+ for some of the same reasons, using BD to avoid mechanics in Kinds Rest, or fel rushing off the platform and using a vengeful retreat to get back to avoid council charge is hilarious. Monks can do this too with their teleport thing

Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    Does that RfA work on stun? I thought it was just Meta leap that let you avoid it. Will have to give that a try later! and to answer your question, I'm not sure. I only ever PVP with my DH too. I like healing sometimes but you can only do so much yourself with your own skill before it comes down to your teammates. Ret is good atm, but its so difficult to go from DH to slower classes, I keep hitting my Fel Rush button and nothing happens lol

DH is great in M+ for some of the same reasons, using BD to avoid mechanics in Kinds Rest, or fel rushing off the platform and using a vengeful retreat to get back to avoid council charge is hilarious. Monks can do this too with their teleport thing
    Rain from Above also has immunity frames while going up its a pretty cool "play" to do it on reaction to a warrior stun
    Im with you, i can never go back from playing DH.
    It simply has too many "skilfull" things you can do and one too many "immunity frames".

I recommend installing the addon "Omnibar" which lets you know if you did a successfully immunity on a CC or not.
    It becomes pretty clear once you have the addon.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Windwalker but i'm biased since it's my favorite class/spec by far

I’d say Survival Hunter, there’s a significantly higher skill ceiling that other specs I’ve played, and setting up your control and burst windows feels very rewarding.

Shame you don’t get too rewarded by playing skillfully, as an UH DK or DH will still stomp you to the ground with their PvE rotations... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I’d say Survival Hunter, there’s a significantly higher skill ceiling that other specs I’ve played, and setting up your control and burst windows feels very rewarding.

Shame you don’t get too rewarded by playing skillfully, as an UH DK or DH will still stomp you to the ground with their PvE rotations... :P
    The only way survival has a high skill cap is if you compare it to BM.

Any caster that relies on fake casting IMO. Nothing is as rewarding as continually faking interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    LOL this made my morning

10+ Year Old Account
    Those haven't existed since WoD.

I've always found Feral to be rewarding when played skillfully, though it's lost some of the complexity over the years. I mainly PvP

Or to most other specs this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Those haven't existed since WoD.
    This. Pruned builder-spender classes are not rewarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

Demon Hunter skill ? seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Is there a spec i dont know about out there that fits this criteria?

I only know of 1 spec, which is Nightelf Havoc Demon Hunter

You can make an entire youtube video alone with Shadowmeld immunity on Greater Pyros and Chaos Bolts
    Another video using Blade Dance immunity on kidney shots and Monk Stuns
    Rain From Above immunity against warrior stun on reaction
    Metamorphosis immunity frames on Death Coils, Greater Pytos and Chaos Bolts
    Pre-emptive use of Darkness or Blur right before a stun
    Fel Rush behind a target when he is about to finish a cast

Its impossible for me to go back after playing Nighelf DH PvP...what am i going to do? Go back to playing Rogue? No thanks.
    The truth is no class can rly be played skillfully anymore, there's not enough depth or abillities, you have to wait for classic if you want to show your skillfull plays in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Or to most other specs this expansion.
    Nope.

BM < Survival < Most other specs this expansion

When played correctly, healing feels more rewarding than DPS

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    The truth is no class can rly be played skillfully anymore, there's not enough depth or abillities, you have to wait for classic if you want to show your skillfull plays in PvP.
    The truth is that any time the same people consistently win objective competitions, there is a large measure of skill involved. It's frankly absurd to think otherwise because without accounting for skill, you would have to go through insane mental gymnastics to explain why some teams/players consistently outplay other teams/players. If there is no skill it should be a flip of the coin.

I'm not saying WoW PvP is this amazing thing. I don't like basketball either - I think it's kind of a dumb sport that was much more interesting before there were changes to rules. But I don't dismiss it by saying it doesn't take any skill to play basketball because that would be dumb.

Nope.

BM < Survival < Most other specs this expansion
    To use your refined way of argument against you again;

Nope.

Implying my Fury warr is even remotely complicated compared to Survival in a pvp environment is laughable, to give one example.
    Last edited by Gigantique; 2019-06-29 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Forgot main part of sentence because derp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The truth is that any time the same people consistently win objective competitions, there is a large measure of skill involved. It's frankly absurd to think otherwise because without accounting for skill, you would have to go through insane mental gymnastics to explain why some teams/players consistently outplay other teams/players. If there is no skill it should be a flip of the coin.

I'm not saying WoW PvP is this amazing thing. I don't like basketball either - I think it's kind of a dumb sport that was much more interesting before there were changes to rules. But I don't dismiss it by saying it doesn't take any skill to play basketball because that would be dumb.
    There's more to being a great 3v3 player than mastering your class.

I would say a rogue in +2.7k games has a really high apm and can feel very rewarding if done correctly