Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    In the even earlier days you could 40 man even normal dungeons like Deadmines
    Couldnt complete quests in them as a raid though, with the exception of the dungeons who were designed as 10+, which had [Raid] tag on the quests

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    1.12 UBRS is a 10 man.. LBRS is 5... you guys are also forgetting when wow originally came out Strat was also a 10 man.
    Noone forgot, it has been mentioned a dozen times in this thread already

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    In the even earlier days you could 40 man even normal dungeons like Deadmines
    That's right. I'd forgotten about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Except the gear changes will not do do much in that regards, ubrs became a 10man in 1.10, which is the time all the gear upgrades happened as well. So for for you (judging by the posts you made in this thread) who never experienced the pre 1.10 60 dungeons, it will actually be harder, cause the items which were added with 1.10 will not be available at the start of classic. They will be added with stage 5, only the items that already existed pre 1.10 will be there and have their post 1.10 stats
    I experienced pre- 1.10 dungeons. I started to play way before Maraudon was released. So...

All items will be in their final iteration(is that the word?) from vanilla from day one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Well thats obviously because they added the 45 min baron run in the same patch they reduced the 10man limit to 5man.
    I never did cvare much about patches back then so that would explain why then. (Was also playing another MMO more hardcore before Naxx came out, before that i was in casual guilds who only did MC and BWL then i joined the naxx guild that at the time did AQ40 (naxx was not out) so WoW was just a downtime thing for the other game)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    It is interesting to see just how diffrent the experiences of vanilla were for ppl who started at launch vs ppl that started later in vanilla.

My first tour into ubrs was with 40 ppl, and we still managed to wipe. None of the dungeons had any cap on players at that time.
    Yes, i can imagine that when everyone was in quest greens and what not it was harder. When no one know what to do and the gear was really bad.
    When i got there as i started a bit later people had better gear even if they where not raiders. This time around we start with the super buffed gear right from the start however so the pure vanila begining moments wont be there from that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    There is no instance called UBRS
    yes there is. in fact there is UBRS and LBRS...

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    I dont get how bad people where... i always did it with 5. You guys seem to be forgetting we wont have vanilla starter gear this time around either. We will have buffed gear (wich does A LOT) now so 5 wont be a problem unless you are absolutley terrible at the game. I dont even remember doing it with 10 people, ever. (even before buffed gear)

Same with Stratholme, never did it with more than 5 people. Did 45min runs quite often and still no more than 5 people.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just not true as UBRS and LBRS is the same exact dungeon. You just take a right or a left turn at the beginning.
    Buffed gear... ? LULZ!

This time around we start with the super buffed gear right from the start however so the pure vanila begining moments wont be there from that alone.
    Isn't the "super buffed gear" only coming in phase 5 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    UBRS with 5 people being trivial back then is total bullshit

for 80-90% of Classics time it was a 10-man run for the majority of ppl and early on it was a 15 ppl run

thats for actual classic 2005-2006

of course this new 2019 classic wont be the exact same
    Exactly this: people who tells otherwise say they have played classic and are in reality wrath-babies. UBRS was 15 man, and even with 15 man it was extremely hard. after a few nerfs, blizzard reduced it to 10 man, still i wouldn't play it under 10 man at all. Everyone who tells they played ubrs with 5 man played vanilla... in Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Isn't the "super buffed gear" only coming in phase 5 or something?
    Nah, the stronger gear we get there, yes, BUT: Gear that was released in vanilla and buffed is then in the buffed state.

MC, Onyxia. There is no instance called UBRS, there is Blackrock Spire, which is not a raid instance.
    Why do people say shit like this? LBRS and UBRS are separate instances in every relevant way. Nobody ever says looking for more BRS. You do them separately. And most importantly, UBRS is a fucking raid instance since people usually need two groups to clear it...You know, a raid.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I experienced pre- 1.10 dungeons. I started to play way before Maraudon was released. So...

All items will be in their final iteration(is that the word?) from vanilla from day one.

- - - Updated - - -

I never did cvare much about patches back then so that would explain why then. (Was also playing another MMO more hardcore before Naxx came out, before that i was in casual guilds who only did MC and BWL then i joined the naxx guild that at the time did AQ40 (naxx was not out) so WoW was just a downtime thing for the other game)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, i can imagine that when everyone was in quest greens and what not it was harder. When no one know what to do and the gear was really bad.
    When i got there as i started a bit later people had better gear even if they where not raiders. This time around we start with the super buffed gear right from the start however so the pure vanila begining moments wont be there from that alone.
    You claimed all level 60 dungeons only were 5 mans, and people who did them with 10/15man for terrible and talked about 45man baron, that is not something anyone who experienced the pre 1.10 dungeons would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    1.12 UBRS is a 10 man.. LBRS is 5... you guys are also forgetting when wow originally came out Strat was also a 10 man.
    Technically, if UBRS is a 10 man, then so is LBRS, since they are literally the same instance.

MC, Onyxia. There is no instance called UBRS, there is Blackrock Spire, which is not a raid instance.
    As long as it allows you to have more than 5 people in a group it is a raid instance. Small raid or large dungeon. It still requires a raid group. It is not a raid as in Tier gear and top end items, but nonetheless, it is still a raid instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    yes there is. in fact there is UBRS and LBRS...
    Wasn't it one instance separated by a locked door? The only other instance portal within it was BWL I thought. It's been a long time since I was there in it's original form.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Wasn't it one instance separated by a locked door? The only other instance portal within it was BWL I thought. It's been a long time since I was there in it's original form.
    All the same instance. Just when you were inside the instance a door was locked that if you wanted to do upper part you had to have a key to access the area.

In classic you had the BRD instance door down in the "mine" area. Then you had the window/elf portal thing to MC, BWL, and then BRS that was combined UBRS and LBRS inside the same instance portal.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2019-07-04 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    As long as it allows you to have more than 5 people in a group it is a raid instance. Small raid or large dungeon. It still requires a raid group. It is not a raid as in Tier gear and top end items, but nonetheless, it is still a raid instance.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I thought. tmamass is wrong. While they are separate instances now, it was one, and you had the upper and lower wings, but it was only one instance called BRS.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Buffed gear... ? LULZ!
    Yes, buffed gear.

- - - Updated - - -

You claimed all level 60 dungeons only were 5 mans, and people who did them with 10/15man for terrible and talked about 45man baron, that is not something anyone who experienced the pre 1.10 dungeons would do.
    No, i claimed that all lvl 60 dungeons could be done with 5 man i never said they where only for 5 man. There is a difference.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, buffed gear.

- - - Updated - - -

No, i claimed that all lvl 60 dungeons could be done with 5 man i never said they where only for 5 man. There is a difference.
    No there aint a difference, cause you claim people who did it with their proper size were terrible, and even called UBRS standard for 5man, which is clearly not true, and no matter what gear you had would make you able to clear UBRS 5man before the dungeon revamp.

I would have no issue with your claims, if it was after the dungeon revamp, but since you are claiming it was prior to it, its clearly lying, or your memory is way off.

lol what? 5 man was standard in BRS, U and L.

I dont get how bad people where... i always did it with 5. You guys seem to be forgetting we wont have vanilla starter gear this time around either. We will have buffed gear (wich does A LOT) now so 5 wont be a problem unless you are absolutley terrible at the game. I dont even remember doing it with 10 people, ever. (even before buffed gear)

Same with Stratholme, never did it with more than 5 people. Did 45min runs quite often and still no more than 5 people.

Both these quotes shows that you does not know vanilla very well at all

No there aint a difference, cause you claim people who did it with their proper size were terrible, and even called UBRS standard for 5man, which is clearly not true, and no matter what gear you had would make you able to clear UBRS 5man before the dungeon revamp.

I would have no issue with your claims, if it was after the dungeon revamp, but since you are claiming it was prior to it, its clearly lying, or your memory is way off.

Both these quotes shows that you does not know vanilla very well at all
    Standard as in people did it with 5 people, and they did.

Just because you can do it with 10 there is no point in it if you can do it with 5. Less people to share loot with. And all this tells me is that you are not that good at the game if you need handicaps to play.

Please stop spreading false information.

Easiest from hardest dungeon i would say :
    BRD -> LBRS -> Strat and Scholo -> UBRS

UBRS can be run as a raid in 1.12 I am pretty sure. There was at least one dungeon that could be run as a raid back then and I am almost positive it was UBRS.

Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Easiest from hardest dungeon i would say :
    BRD -> LBRS -> Strat and Scholo -> UBRS
    I would put strat as the hardest because most mobs in there are immune to non-Priest CC.