Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    Yes, I'm genuinely curious what they were
    Did u watch the show?

Or is this attempt to start a gen-ot discussion?

1985 wasn't like 2019, if that triggers u, couldn't care less

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-07-18 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Did u watch the show?

Or is this attempt to start a gen-ot discussion?

1985 wasn't like 2019, if that triggers u, couldn't care less
    I've only seen a couple episodes. Not sure why you're getting bent out of shape over a question that has no ill-intent behind it. I just wanted to know what woke things were being pushed into the show.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, finished season 3...

Can that be it, now? Season 3 was decent, but the whole show gets WAY more hype that it deserves.

Hopper was great. I feel like he's there to represent the audience. Confused, angry and just wants to watch TV, eat Eggo's and plow Winona Ryder. A noble cause!

Steve, Dustin and new addition Robin are GOLD. I would happily watch a whole spin-off what was just those three, getting into adventures. With occasional guest star Susie-poo, turning up to sing Never Ending Story.

Nancy and her boy toy are passable. But only because Nancy is looking FIT AS FUCK with her new haircut. The actual story was decidedly myeh.

Pretty much everything else was varying levels of annoying. Billy's hero turn at the last moment was particularly confusing... Are we meant to feel sorry that he got wrecked? Because he's spent two seasons being literal satan, and now because he decided to not be a total cunt in the last 30 seconds of his life we're meant to like him? Nope. Fuck that. cheap, bullshit writing. Fuck his sister, too. She's stupid and irratating, even worse than Lucas' sister. At least she has the potential to maybe get a little less annoying. MAYBE.

Mike, Will, and Lucas were all dickheads. They honestly did nothing interesting or worthwhile the whole time.

Seriously. Take them out of the season, and VERY little would change.

Overall, not quite as good as season one, but WAY WAY better than season 2. sadly, due to a fairly weak stinger at the end, we're probably getting a season 4... but I kinda wish we weren't.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Pretty much everything else was varying levels of annoying. Billy's hero turn at the last moment was particularly confusing... Are we meant to feel sorry that he got wrecked? Because he's spent two seasons being literal satan, and now because he decided to not be a total cunt in the last 30 seconds of his life we're meant to like him? Nope. Fuck that. cheap, bullshit writing.
    To be fair, he spent 1 season being literal satan, and 1 season being possessed. I thought the concern his step sister had for him was a little bit odd given the previous season.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    I've only seen a couple episodes. Not sure why you're getting bent out of shape over a question that has no ill-intent behind it. I just wanted to know what woke things were being pushed into the show.
    No worries, i'm with you.

I remember a few comments/statements that broke the fourth wall for me - as a child of the 80s (42 now). So maybe that was "being too woke" for the 80s(?). But the memory I have now is very vague so I can't even remember what it was that was said that made me go, "that... wouldn't be what was said/done in the 80s".

But yea.. not "pushed all over" into the show. Just a couple of things.

Unless this guy's going off on the fact that there's a lesbian (at all) in the show now or something. *shrugs*

~~~

For those of you confused about the Russian "details" - you're thinking wayyyy too hard and definitely applying 2019 "movie logic" (so to speak). In 1980s movie land - Russia/China were bad guys because they were communists. Period. At any moment in time, they were readily to pull the plug on destroying America. And only Reagan and the US gubment stopped them! (80s logic) And that was all the explanation required. "Of course they would." Yes, if America had discovered some tech, some secret, some relic, some doorway to another dimension - it was "of course" Russia would be trying to do it too - one up us, take it from us, beat us at it, use the weapon before we could. "Of course!" "This Is Known" (in the 80s).

So while it would matter, now, in a 2019 tv show plot - how Russia could possibly build an underground bunker in the US under a mall. But in 1980s media, entirely irrelevant. Whatever tv/movie plot was saying the Communists were doing, it was a given and accepted that it was doable and possible. People didn't rip movie realities apart like they do now. They just suspended disbelief as asked, and enjoyed the fun of the story. Because "of course - that's what Russia does."

So while no, it is not at all realistic that Russia would build any underground facility undetected in the US - much less the size of that one, much less under a mall - that isn't something that Stranger TH]hings has to worry about figuring out because its nostalgic/created in the lens of 80s media; and that was never worried about in the 80s. In fact, if they did make it more logical - it would no longer be nostalgic to the 80s and its own tropes; it would be shoving 2019 'norms' into a show that works to NOT do exactly that.

For reference, I direct you to the movie "Red Dawn." The original. Not the remake. There's a ton of "Red Dawn" influence in this season's ST. And "Red Dawn" is the epitome of 80s Russian/Communism "threat" movie trope.

~~

Loved this Season. Definitely felt it was tighter than s2 but at the same time, really feel it was "too tight" as it were. I think they could have included another couple of episodes to give us more of the character development we all love and a bit more of that 'coming together to figure this all out' that was missing this season - instead of rushing forward and being done in 7 episodes. That's my only complaint.

Hopper was human - loved it. Teenagers in their first relationships and discovering hormones were acting "as expected" - selfish and immature and drama-llama and *gasp* that's teenagers in their first relationships! Thought all of it was entertaining, hilarious, and right on point (for tv). Growing pains are just that - growing pains. All of it was a fun romp, solid writing, and I can't wait for next season! (Though wouldn't be surprised if the trilogy of seasons was it, they certainly left it in a place that was a wrap up).
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    To be fair, he spent 1 season being literal satan, and 1 season being possessed. I thought the concern his step sister had for him was a little bit odd given the previous season.
    True, true. Can't REALLY blame him for what he did in season 3. However, seeing as he was almost worse in season 2, and that was all him. Yeah. Still Satan, still don't give a single fuck about his "heroic" sacrifice. Especially as it was inspired by a borderline "Save Martha" level scene.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this show jumped the shark, and that's kind of hard to do in only 3 seasons.

There was way too much filler, the main plot was fairly weak and short. Many of the scenes made me roll my eyes.

It felt like it was written by different people, or they just ran out of story to write about.

Season 4 teaser.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Supposed to the last season?

They should have ended it at season 2.

I would have been fine with season 1, but i was happy to have a season 2, but season 3 wasn't a remarkable enough change.. i expected a newer more sinsiter or altered stage, not tryting to do the same thing again but with a larger cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    They had to put out something because that Disney bundle (and only platforms with similar bundles) is about to make people reconsider their Netflix sub.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

We got a teaser for season 4, im so hyped for this.

Spoilers for the end of season 3, so dont watch it you will be spoiled.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

0:27 isn't that the guy from GoT, the one with the faces...?

I'm hyped for S4, was half dreading that they'd cancel the show or that it would take a looooooong time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yep, was looking for familiar faces, didn't expect to see his.
    /s

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

I'm hyped for S4, was half dreading that they'd cancel the show or that it would take a looooooong time...
    man Stranger Things is a juggernaut, there was no way they were cancelling season 4. I do think that this might be the final season though

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want them to stop making more of these shows, while I still love it, there's such a thing as over milking it, and while I understand its business and its making money I am not a fan of long drawn out seasons of shows.

I do feel they will keep this going until it either they have milked it enough or it just starts sucking. And the problem with a lot of seasonal shows now is it has to start sucking before they consider cancelling it, why can the show just not end on a high! You milk it too much and when the seasons start sucking it'll be more remembered for how unneededly dragged out it is.

all I am saying is I don;t wanna see season 10 come a few years time lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-02-15 at 07:28 PM.

Producers said that they can see the show running for only 5-6 seasons.
    And they also said they'd only run them when there's a coherent story. Which is why 3rd season was comparatively short.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Producers said that they can see the show running for only 5-6 seasons.
    And they also said they'd only run them when there's a coherent story. Which is why 3rd season was comparatively short.
    It still came out incoherent

Quote Originally Posted by eric wills View Post
    This is probably the best show I've watched. Thanks to the directors. I look forward to more new seasons
    I thought the thread was bumped up with new info. Can't imagine my disappointment.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I thought the thread was bumped up with new info. Can't imagine my disappointment.
    They are still filming S4. It's awhile away