Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Can't we just ignore these russian trolls? They are irrelevant to this whole discussion and lack common decency.
    What? Explain? This is offensive.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-07-22 at 12:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I agree with this. It is not fine.

My point is that it is not racist. You suggest we put the question of racism aside - and we can do this, and I would agree with you, the tweets aren't good, I wouldn't have posted them and Trump shouldn't have posted them either.
    Its racist. The more you deny it, the more idiotic you look.

Trump literally judged people by the color of their skin and thought something negative of them. That is literally the definition of racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people still trying to gaslight minorities as if they don't know what 'go back to <x>' means?

Anyway. Mueller's hearing is coming up soon. Some people it's better to not risk it being a dud than for him to speak at all.

Personally, think that very idea is BS. Its like giving into a child because they might throw a tantrum.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is that it is not racist.
    It's literally one of the examples provided as an example of racist discrimination in the workplace according to federal law.

Go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Are people still trying to gaslight minorities as if they don't know what 'go back to <x>' means?

Anyway. Mueller's hearing is coming up soon. Some people it's better to not risk it being a dud than for him to speak at all.

Personally, think that very idea is BS. Its like giving into a child because they might throw a tantrum.
    Centrist pearl clutching is a phenomenon that fascists have always relied upon for aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    More bullshit bait from our resident troll hubcap
    Yeah, I have no idea what the hell he is talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea what the hell he is talking about.
    Ironically enough, neither does he.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Its racist. The more you deny it, the more idiotic you look.

Trump literally judged people by the color of their skin and thought something negative of them. That is literally the definition of racist.
    He thought something negative of them separately, that's why this is not racist. He only used the color of their skin to assume that they have a different country to relate to, to which they can compare the US.

The definition of racism is using the color of skin for discrimination / antagonism - Trump didn't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not racist.
    He only used the color of their skin to assume
    Racism has some pretty funny definitions in Russia.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's literally one of the examples provided as an example of racist discrimination in the workplace according to federal law.

Go away.
    How many times does this have to re-appear? The "go back" in the guideline you are talking about is used as an EXAMPLE of what COULD be racist, depending on other things said. It's right in the text that gets copied by the media. See the word "potentially". That potential is not realized in Trump's tweets. The thought is just different.

- - - Updated - - -

Racism has some pretty funny definitions in Russia.
    Whether using the color of skin / accent / whatever to assume something is racist or not depends on what you are assuming. Yes, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many times does this have to re-appear? The "go back" in the guideline you are talking about is used as an EXAMPLE of what COULD be racist, depending on other things said. It's right in the text that gets copied by the media. See the word "potentially". That potential is not realized in Trump's tweets. The thought is just different.
    The potential isn't realised because...you say so. Sure, Jan.

Hint: White people don't get to decide what's racist.

The potential isn't realised because...you say so. Sure, Jan.
    The potential isn't realized because what Trump said wasn't "you are black, so you are bad", he said something else entirely.

Hint: White people don't get to decide what's racist.
    What??? This exact statement is racist. Right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The potential isn't realized because what Trump said wasn't "you are black, so you are bad", he said something else entirely.
    That 'something else' being "if you aren't white you will always be a guest in this country".

Again: White people don't get to decide what's racist. Go away.

- - - Updated - - -

What??? This exact statement is racist. Right here.
    Prove it. I didn't say "you are white, so you are bad". It can't be racist according to you.

So it's not racist because of his tweets? That's it? Really? Just tweets? What about with him supporting hundreds saying it?

Perhaps if Trump didn't have a history of racism we'd be able to get beyond this, but nope.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So it's not racist because of his tweets? That's it? Really? Just tweets? What about with him supporting hundreds saying it?

Perhaps if Trump didn't have a history of racism we'd be able to get beyond this, but nope.
    Nope guys there's clearly not a drop of racial animus present in a person with a history of denying tenancy to people of color. The Russians said so. /s

The only people who don't think it's racist, are racist.

That's the most simple explanation I can offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The only people who don't think it's racist, are racist.

That's the most simple explanation I can offer.
    Watch him struggle to backtrack and try and call me a racist because I said something 'negative' about white people without actually explicitly saying white people are bad.

Watch him struggle to backtrack and try and call me a racist because I said something 'negative' about white people without actually explicitly saying white people are bad.
    I don't actually see what he posts, unless someone replies to him. He's on ignore, and Skroe's signature works wonders.

As someone who used to be a racist when he was a teenager, I am confident in saying that anyone who does not think what Trump said was racist... is a racist himself.

I've gone out of my way to push this, especially in real life. My mother may never speak to me again, and I'm cool with that. I have no desire to subject my kids to racist assholes. I made a personal choice, stop reaching out to anyone who still supports the man. I can deal with having less friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I don't actually see what he posts, unless someone replies to him. He's on ignore, and Skroe's signature works wonders.

As someone who used to be a racist when he was a teenager, I am confident in saying that anyone who does not think what Trump said was racist... is a racist himself.

I've gone out of my way to push this, especially in real life. My mother may never speak to me again, and I'm cool with that. I have no desire to subject my kids to racist assholes. I made a personal choice, stop reaching out to anyone who still supports the man. I can deal with having less friends.
    Agreed. I think quite a bit of the problem is the belief that racism requires malice.

Being a racist only becomes a personal stain if you double down on it when criticised.

Agreed. I think quite a bit of the problem is the belief that racism requires malice.

Being a racist only becomes a personal stain if you double down on it when criticised.
    It absolutely does not require malice. Most racists will smile all day long while spewing their ignorance. Hell, most rarely even say much out loud.

That 'something else' being "if you aren't white you will always be a guest in this country".
    That something else was not that at all, it was this: "Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."

This is radically different from what you say above. So, you are being dishonest.

Again: White people don't get to decide what's racist. Go away.

Prove [that this statement is racist]. I didn't say "you are white, so you are bad". It can't be racist according to you.
    Proving that this statement is racist: you did say "you are white, so you are bad". By saying that "white people don't get to decide what's racist" you say that white people are denied the voice in determining whether something is racist or not. That means white people are inferior to non-white people in this respect. Aka "bad". QED. What you said is racist.

- - - Updated - - -

I get the idea about Trump maybe having said something racist in the past, but if this is what you are arguing then just say that the tweets aren't racist, but Trump's other actions in the past are.

- - - Updated - - -

What's there to backtrack? You don't understand what racism is and are erring both ways - calling non-racist things racist and saying racist things thinking that they aren't racist. That's all that happens.