Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    From what I was listening yesterday from a friend who will be playing in classic with a streamer raid, classic is going to die fast. There is so much drama, at least with the guild/server that is going to be playing on. I can see classic only will be filled with people who played on private servers. It's not going to last
    I'm not sure if you were being serious here, but you have to know this is not the normal or even a common experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Of course it didnt launch at 10 mil but you might be surprised to know vanilla had 8 mil players at the end of 06, the rise was meteoric. I think they expected a couple hundred thousand at launch and got a million.
    I'm not surprised. I know. That's why I know it never reached 10 million during Vanilla. Maybe it would have eventually, but we will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Idk if you know but 1. Reputation still very much matters, maybe you just sucked at the game so bad no one knew who you where? My server everyone knows everyone in the upper raiding scene, and even in the lower scenes.
    2."get into bgs in seconds" how is that a bad thing.
    3."can't understand peoples language." This may be news to you... But other languages then English have existed for many thousands of years...
    1. Nope, was server first guild on kt (high pop server) top 13 us boomy that I sold for 1.3k (just the character). 2. Obviously there are different languages, good game developers know that communication can be an issue in an online game and tend to avoid such problems. Good solution would be to keep all the jaja people in their own lfg system and so on.
    3. I love that people will still defend wow, especially bfa. Like obvious everyone here has played wow and wow was a special part of their life. However, most of us wake up eventually. You will too one day

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You have a pretty weird attachment with BFA. Even a paid chill wouldn't go to the lengths you go to in order to ass lick everything blizzard does regarding it. What's the deal with you exactly hmm?
    What you said osrs was a good example didnt you? I'm confused is osrs amazing and a perfect example of why classic wow will succeeded or a shit shill mobile game I'm confused?

I thought we thought osrs was good and wanted classic wow to be like it, that means mobile right?
    BTW I guess you won't be playing classic right? Cause then as you say here, that would make you an ass licking shill.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-08-03 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yes, when it was fresh and new. Do you really think as many. To up to 10x more people will want to play a game they already played, that was made 15 years ago? Nah, that's not how reality works.
    Of course not, tahts why i said in this thread 10 mil is a pipe dream. 3mil tho is within reason and it would make classic WoW the biggest mmo launch in history. Again MMO launch, not counting old WoW expacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbusg View Post
    Ten million is extreme hyperbole.
    But having more people than modern wow?
    With modern wow in the current state it's in?
    I'd say that's not as unlikely as naysayers would suggest.
    Yes I agree. People forget that there's more people that quit WoW over the years than people playing it at the moment. I don't like the 10 million figure but assuming there's only 10 million people interested in WoW is very dishonest. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 10x that number. How many of those will come back to play Classic that's another matter entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    Since Classic is going to have Millions more players than Retail, shouldn't it be "You pay the Classic subscription, you get Retail for free"?

Instead of the other way around?

Every World of Warcraft Expansion since Cataclysm sees 10 million subscribers at Launch...yes, even Warlords of Draenor.

The Classic Beta was destroying Retail on Twitch, so much so, that - just today - Twitch changed the World of Warcraft logo from "Battle for Nobody cares about this expansion" to the Classic logo with Ragnaros in the background.

Even Google Trends confirms this, if you compare "Classic Wow" to "BFA", Retail is dead, and Classic is on the ascent.

So where does this leave us?

Classic, given the fact it is a game that everyone wants, given that just a level 40 Beta was destroying the current game, given that most World of Warcraft launches attract 10 Million subscribers...I am going to make this prediction now...

Classic will have 10 Millioon subscribers...on day 1.
    Haha... AHAHAHAH..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Best joke ever but no.. Classic is not going to get even close to 10 million active players.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    The Classic Beta was destroying Retail on Twitch, so much so, that - just today - Twitch changed the World of Warcraft logo from "Battle for Nobody cares about this expansion" to the Classic logo with Ragnaros in the background.
    Real people don't go to twitch, they either play or don't give a damn about streamers.
    Streamers are nothing but "influencers" which in real life have little to nothing influence on others' opinions.

And yeah, 10 million people logging in to reserve names, then logging off.

What you said osrs was a good example didnt you? I'm confused is osrs amazing and a perfect example of why classic wow will succeeded or a shit shill mobile game I'm confused?

I thought we thought osrs was good and wanted classic wow to be like it, that means mobile right?
    Shouldn't have answered like that, now I have my answer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Haha... AHAHAHAH..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Best joke ever but no.. Classic is not going to get even close to 10 million active players.
    Did you react like that when people first said Trump would be President? You people should really tone it down because you'll only look even more foolish in case it actually happens.

I don't think it will happen but dismissing it like you're doing is ridiculous

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Shouldn't have answered like that, now I have my answer
    So I guess osrs is great and wow classic should also make a mobile port! You heard it here first guys. Tiktol thinks classic wow should be on mobile! Then it will be super popular like osrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I'm sorry, but it's spelled 'your' dumb ass. If you don't speak the language, why aren't you playing retail?
    There is a difference in spelling errors and shorthand. Please stop reaching

10+ Year Old Account
    The "prediction" you pulled out of your ass isn't actually going to happen. Sure there will be a large number of people playing when it first comes out, but this will be entirely driven by a clouded sense of nostalgia. People will quickly realize Vanilla was an absolute unbalanced buggy shitshow, and not this perfect masterpiece they falsely remember it as.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

The way people talk. Any number whether Ten Thousand or Ten Million users. It only pads Activision's wallet. Last time I checked MMO-C forums, Activision is bad, they screw their employees and customers. Even though I seen a few threads on MMO-C, I am glad Classic is coming and I am waiting for people shouting for new content for Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    The way people talk. Any number whether Ten Thousand or Ten Million users. It only pads Activision's wallet. Last time I checked MMO-C forums, Activision is bad, they screw their employees and customers. Even though I seen a few threads on MMO-C, I am glad Classic is coming and I am waiting for people shouting for new content for Classic.
    Luckily for us blizzard is not dumb enough to go down that road, do you really think they would put in all this effort to recreating classic and then muck it all up with new content?

Thats the thing with forums, people can ask for stuff all they want but its all for nothing lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    1. Nope, was server first guild on kt (high pop server) top 13 us boomy that I sold for 1.3k (just the character). 2. Obviously there are different languages, good game developers know that communication can be an issue in an online game and tend to avoid such problems. Good solution would be to keep all the jaja people in their own lfg system and so on.
    3. I love that people will still defend wow, especially bfa. Like obvious everyone here has played wow and wow was a special part of their life. However, most of us wake up eventually. You will too one day
    Yeah and I was rank 1 in the world, sold the character for 50k then settled down and retired on my space ship. Again, maybe you have lost your edge, instead of sitting in a corner mumbling to yourself talk to your community.
    If you sit in your house all day windows closed and never leave you won't get to know your neighbors, likely to be having a barbeque with everyone, unaware you even exist cause you sit hidden in your home, mumbling about how no one invites you anywehrre...

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think you misunderstand private servers. The reason they are there is because they are thieves. 95% of PS players will not go to classic. They will stay where they are because Blizzard does not have the main thing that PS players want. A free game. That leaves 5k players transferring over to Classic.

As for numbers? Who knows. I hope it's successful and creates a lot of buzz. I'm trying it out. I don't care who has 10m players. It's all world of warcraft and all of the money will help retail out.
    Literally no one plays because it's free, they played because until now blizz didn't offer it and they hate the other versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernobyll View Post
    Real people don't go to twitch, they either play or don't give a damn about streamers.
    Streamers are nothing but "influencers" which in real life have little to nothing influence on others' opinions.

And yeah, 10 million people logging in to reserve names, then logging off.
    I think you misunderstand what influencers do. If the didn't influence other people's opinions then they wouldn't be able to gain as revenue or donations.

People watch these influencers because they like them. If they like them they are more likely to take the influencers opinion and adopt them as their own. Right now you are trying to influence others' opinions into believing that an influencer does not influence people. You are doing the same thing as a streamer only without the success. Real people watch streams. Just because you or I don't partake in their form of entertainment doesn't make them any less of a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Luckily for us blizzard is not dumb enough to go down that road, do you really think they would put in all this effort to recreating classic and then muck it all up with new content?

Thats the thing with forums, people can ask for stuff all they want but its all for nothing lol.
    I think they should do it the osrs way, put in poll boxes with concept art and explanations of future things that could be added, and let only max level subbed people vote on it, and it needs 70% yes to be passed. Works super well in OSRS on mobile. One of the best over a decade old mmorpg

I'm not sure why people think it will have that many player... it would appear they are not living in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    All these people who say it wont be more successful than retail dont know the story of how oldschool runescape took over runescape population. History will repeat itself. People dont want to play diablo 3 with more buttons, they want an actual mmo.
    u are right, except in 1 point
    we want a new game that offer that, not a game we already know almost everything about to replay it
    most of private server players play there to not pay sub, sub costs is very high for ppl who don't live in 1st world countries (which is the majority of humans on earth, who are ignored because f8ck them and their poverty), in egypt sub is for average citizen 1/4 of ur monthly income, so play wow means u literally won't eat for days, assume u have a pc and can pay internet bill in first place, most my rl friends played on private server for that reason, with few who play on official and even them they still stop every while for money and just get their dose out of private
    so private server massive success will never equal to retail success, because nothing beat free
    (btw i still think classes are better in classic, if u think my talk is defending bfa)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power