Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

No Diablo 4 leaks / speculation?

I'm surprised that there have been ZERO Diablo 4 "leaks" / speculation threads, even though we are 2.5ish months from Blizzcon. I would have thought there would be SOMETHING going on by now. Does anyone not care? Or are we expecting some strange new genre of game that is so different that its impossible to speculate?

It makes me think that perhaps Blizzard needs to do some teaser images to drum up interest.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Diablo as a franchise has been dead for quite a while now and Immortal just hit the final nail on the coffin for the masses not to care about it anymore.. So naturally creating fake leaks isn't something people want to do as it will likely be ignored. And not only that but since 2017 we've been waiting on something awesome diablo related to come during Blizzcon and have been massive disappointed by the result. Nobody is hyped now, because frankly last year was too much.

That's not to say there's not a real leak out there. There probably is, if the game is on Blizzcon this year at all that is. But with 50k or so players that the game(d3) has atm, leaks go unnoticed quite easily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Modern blizzard isnt very good and im not very hyped after how awful 3 was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'm surprised that there have been ZERO Diablo 4 "leaks" / speculation threads, even though we are 2.5ish months from Blizzcon. I would have thought there would be SOMETHING going on by now. Does anyone not care? Or are we expecting some strange new genre of game that is so different that its impossible to speculate?

It makes me think that perhaps Blizzard needs to do some teaser images to drum up interest.
    Why? It is years away. Maybe even up to 10 years away. We got years of the mobile Diablo game to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-...blo-1830593195

Kotaku (and their reporting, especially on Activision Blizzard, is usually spot on) stated last year that Diablo 4 was a Dark Souls-eque game but was canceled and rebooted in 2016. The rebooted effort is much closer to a traditional Diablo game and is being built as a GaaS. Some insiders stated that the game was supposed to be announce at Blizzcon last year, but was pulled. Other insiders have contradicted this.

Kotaku believes the failure of Titan is causing Blizzard to not announce games until they're closer to release.

Maybe we'll see it at Blizzcon this year. Maybe we won't.
    Last edited by Spriggs; 2019-08-09 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-...blo-1830593195

Kotaku (and their reporting, especially on Activision Blizzard, is usually spot on) stated last year that Diablo 4 was a Dark Souls-eque game but was canceled and rebooted in 2016. The rebooted effort is much closer to a traditional Diablo game and is being built as a GaaS. Some insiders stated that the game was supposed to be announce at Blizzcon last year, but was pulled. Other insiders have contradicted this.

Kotaku believes the failure of Titan is causing Blizzard to not announce games until they're closer to release.

Maybe we'll see it at Blizzcon this year. Maybe we won't.
    God its been over 10 years and I'm still hearing about how titan is a excuse for stuff lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    If we get an announcement for D4 at Blizzcon, it will be an announcement that they will be making a D4.

That's it.

Maybe a teaser cinematic video. But probably not.

Just a banner and a logo.

And then it will come out 4+ years later.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    God its been over 10 years and I'm still hearing about how titan is a excuse for stuff lol.
    I think the whole "Titan" debacle really scared Blizzard and fundementally changed how they approach brand new games.

You really believe that they worked on Diablo 4 before the huge backfire of Diablo:Immortal last year ? They just started working on it. You won't see much next Blizzcon, may be in two years we'll got something.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Modern blizzard isnt very good and im not very hyped after how awful 3 was.
    This is how I feel too. I don’t trust modern blizzard to do much of anything right. They don’t have the people there who can make diablo a proper horror action title.

D3 was Disney presents diablo.

There were rumors about d4 last vlizzcon and that they scrapped it entirely cuz they weren’t happy with it. A year is not a lot of time to build a aaa product

Leaks? What leaks? At the end of last year they didn't in their plans.

Those insider stuff are likely just damage controls.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-08-10 at 12:45 PM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    If we get an announcement for D4 at Blizzcon, it will be an announcement that they will be making a D4.

That's it.

Maybe a teaser cinematic video. But probably not.

Just a banner and a logo.

And then it will come out 4+ years later.

I think the whole "Titan" debacle really scared Blizzard and fundementally changed how they approach brand new games.
    Then why didnt they do that last blizzcon?

are you REALLY surprised ?

- ...after waiting all those years after D2 to get.... THIS D3 we got ?
    - ...after the AH fiasko ?
    - ...after seeing Diablo Franchise as cooked on lowest flame possible, since years ?
    - ...after hearing nothing of D4 for years ?
    - ...after finally announcing some Diablo realted stuff ... and its Diablo Immortal, a mobile game ?
    - ...after the shitstorm that followed said announcement ?
    - ...after the Activi$$ion Blizzgreed, the company became ?
    - ...after all the negative press from inside and outside of Blizz HQ ?
    - ...after the finally lost interests in Diablo of a giant playerbase ?

and now you REALLY wonder why there are no „leaks“ ?

sorry bro, but ... maaaaan....
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-08-10 at 01:01 PM.

I remember when Diablo 3 got announced.

Then it came out half a decade later as a colossal failure.

I think 15 seasons of D3 have quelched a lot of peoples thirst for Diablo news....

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I think 15 seasons of D3 have quelched a lot of peoples thirst for Diablo news....
    They're on season 17!

Im not expecting a D4 announcement at Blizzcon....but I am expecting a Diablo 2 remastered announcement.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, we speculated about D4 reveal at least last 3 or 4 Blizzcon. I'll believe when I'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Im not expecting a D4 announcement at Blizzcon....but I am expecting a Diablo 2 remastered announcement.
    This is possible. They have this whole "Blizzard classics" team now. After W3 Reforged Diablo II is natural next goal. And in this case it wouldn't be just simply remaster.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-08-10 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    D4 would be easier for them to do than d2 remastered.

YouTube Dave brevviks YouTube video on why d2 can’t be remastered. He created the game and he used a really quirky way to code it to get it to work properly with mobs off screen. It legit makes it impossible to redo. They’d have to rebuild it from the first brick to the last

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Diablo as a franchise has been dead for quite a while now and Immortal just hit the final nail on the coffin for the masses not to care about it anymore.. So naturally creating fake leaks isn't something people want to do as it will likely be ignored. And not only that but since 2017 we've been waiting on something awesome diablo related to come during Blizzcon and have been massive disappointed by the result. Nobody is hyped now, because frankly last year was too much.

That's not to say there's not a real leak out there. There probably is, if the game is on Blizzcon this year at all that is. But with 50k or so players that the game(d3) has atm, leaks go unnoticed quite easily.
    this.

refered to the term „leaks“ this means mostly „fake leaks“ since only ONE leak could be the „real“ leak, if that one even exists. so whats left is the fake leaks. and who shall produce them ? the fans that no longer be interested in a franchise burned to the ashes ? the few still existing super hardcore fans, that already know that literally no one will read their fake leaks ?

as above quoted poster said: there is simply no none that will get hyped by fake leaks. so just no one is making them. easy as this.

or, as the short answer, to question of OP: Diablo is dead. D.E.A.D
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-08-10 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    D4 would be easier for them to do than d2 remastered.

YouTube Dave brevviks YouTube video on why d2 can’t be remastered. He created the game and he used a really quirky way to code it to get it to work properly with mobs off screen. It legit makes it impossible to redo. They’d have to rebuild it from the first brick to the last
    Are you being serious?

No, just no.